• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Beatsbydrake said:
Goku isn't MFTL since only Buuhan and Vegito are possibly MFTL. Moving on.
I never said he was mftl, i said you mean at least ftl+? Also cell has a loss against sonic, so this is apparently unfair.
Cell vs Sonic was removed so this is fair game now.

Round One: Sonic takes it via hax and pretty much Crop's reasons.

Round Two: Goku has a massive advantage in AP and durability. Despite Sonic having somewhat of a speed advantage, it's not enough of a difference to get around Goku's superior power and considering Goku's stats he can ultimately take it and dish the damage way better than Sonic can hope to deal with.

If we're supposed to assume they're in-character...

Round 1: Honestly, in neither round is it probably in-character for Sonic to just reality-warp Goku's head off or something to that effect, he'd probably go for the brute force approach. Combined with his cockiness and Goku's better (I think?) martial arts training, he might actually get himself nuked in close combat and be at a large disadvantage early on. Goku's also got a pretty solid range advantage, so long-range would go to him as well. They've got roughly equal equipment, as well (possible slight edge to Sonic.)

Sonic's main advantages, here, is his time manipulation. To my memory it's not something he can spam non-stop, but when it is used it's devastating and can turn the tide of the fight (i.e. just reverse all of his wounds and provide a full heal, go back and know what Goku is about to do next, etc.) If he can make effective use of that, and stay at mid-range where he'll be at his strongest against Goku, he'll take it. If Goku catches on and sticks to his face/snatches a Chaos Emerald or two from him (is that even in-character?), he'll win instead.

Overall, I find Goku to actually be more cunning in-combat than Sonic: not tremendously so, but enough to better make use of his advantages and win Round 1.

Round 2: Same as before, except now Sonic A: Will probably get KOed in just a couple hits, and B: Those hits are harder to deliver. Basically, who can make better use of their newfound advantages?

I'd argue Sonic. Goku's strong, but he's used to fighting people more on his level in stats overall: Sonic, meanwhile, has speed as his whole deal, what he's spent his entire career mastering. If he's faster (and quite a bit so, at that) than his enemy, it'll likely just be his war of attrition to win. Round 2, likely winner Sonic.

...honestly, them not being bloodlusted makes a big difference. If they were, Sonic would probably just decide he doesn't like fun/honor/what-have-you and reality-warp Goku to death before he can scream "FREEEEEZY-POOPPPP-" Hehe. Smart move on OP's part, I say.

...weird. Tabbers weren't showing up for me.

Not that it has any substantial impact on either of my verdicts, so...

I'll have to agree with Perpetual's reasoning here.

Sonic's Time Manipulation turns things in his favor in the first round, and his already immense speed advantage helps him in the second round.

He's not that fast according to bruce. He's the low end mftl, while goku is almost at mftl, but not as close as buuhan or vegito.

ThePerpetual said:
Honestly, them not being bloodlusted makes a big difference. If they were, Sonic would probably just decide he doesn't like fun/honor/what-have-you and reality-warp Goku to death before he can scream "FREEEEEZY-POOPPPP-" Hehe. Smart move on OP's part, I say.
Thank you

KillitwithC4 said:
At least ftl+ is goku's speed.
That doesn't make him MFTL or even close. It means he's at least 10c

@Mario

He isn't. I made sure that was revised and he's accepted at MFTL because of how superior he is to Super Sonic who is much more creidbly close to MFTL than Goku

Hop will give input.

Round 1 Goku. He should be about strong enough and on top of that his skill is far, far above Sonic's in a fight, however Sonic's hax is hard to get around.

Round 2 Sonic. Blitzed, no "if' "and"s or "but"s about it. Goku would be destroyed.

His fighting skill and experience >>> Game Sonic, which this is

Being strong has nothing to do with being blitz'd, silly. Goku is a great many times MFTL+. Sonic is absurdly f****ing higher than MFTL+. It's like Below Human to Sub rela difference in that speed

Sonic's defeated foes with far more experience though.

err, neither of them are MFTL+ and Goku is at least 80 times stronger.

@Mario

MFTL+ is the limit before infinite speed.

It is any number of times or percentage greater than lightspeed, however not faster than time. For instance, infinite is if you could move asa long as you want (or forever) while absolutely nothing else happens, forever. You are faster than happening, than existing. You put time on pause, basically.

Netiher of these verses have people of that speed, with the possible exception of users of infinite energy supply that use Chaos Control (depending on the game and that game's depiction). Whis might be infinite like he showed in DBZ: RF movie. However he simply went back in time, nothing is for certain to show us he is able to move as long as he wants while time is halted.

Maybe you are correct, however we do not have any source for his speed, nor can we just up and change it. If someone could kindly find or acknowledge what level of power/speed he is amped by, that would be most appreciated.

Back