• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Seiya (READ OP, PLEASE.)

Isn't Seiya's 6C only for the Galaxy War arc? The Silver Saints were higher and the Bronzes beat them at first with difficulty and then casually near the end of the Silver Saint arc? Also, his 6C Island level thing comes from when he was 7, not the 1st arc. He was island level in his first year of training, and the main series starts 6 years later, so theoretically he should be way above that. His speed should also be above mach 5 ( high silver saint speed) in short bursts because he consistently matches or gets faster than people of that speed as well, but Goku is still faster in the 1st round. About the atomization thing, thats one of the first things a Saint learns in training too, so it isn't only 8th sense Seiya that knows it. Thats why 7 year old Seiya did that feat. So Durability doesn't really matter much unless the opponent uses special armors like cloths, scales, surplices etc or cosmos. Goku is faster for the 1st and 2nd round, but Seiya has consistently made himeself faster and stronger than people faster and stronger than himself too

@Misaka imo Seiya wins round three because of his ability to revive himself, not just atomization, if atomization alone were enough he would win all three rounds

Blahblah9755 said:
@Misaka imo Seiya wins round three because of his ability to revive himself, not just atomization, if atomization alone were enough he would win all three rounds
Oh, YEAH.

Seiya wins becuase of being the protagonist and plot convenience.

Cool argument there.

His first Saint fight against Geki. Then the black Saints that literally blitzed and could've killed him. The bronzes beat them in the nect chapter/episode. Silver Saint arc Misty and the other 2. I forgot but he went from getting beat by Misty's finger to beating 3 people his level and possibly stronger in the same day. The Sanctuary arc when he unlocked an unmastered 7th sense. That may not count though. Do we count the times he fought in the Asgard arc, or manga only? The first battle against Thor, and I forgot who else he fought. IDK if Sigfreid counts. Also the Poseidon arc when his cosmos made his cloth golden. Then when he fought and pushed Radamanthys. Thanatos was an example too. And he didn't equal him, but he injured Hades too. Also remember that each arc, he usually fights stronger opponents with no rest. Each opponent gets stronger while the main characters get more injured and fatigued as well.

but some of them were new cloths/senses so idk if those count. But still the Galaxy War- Silver Saint arcs were all basic Bronze Cloth Seiya

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Oh, YEAH.

Cool argument there.
It's listed on his abilities as one of the eighth sense, so I assume it's not just him, but any eighth sense user who can use it. And if you have a problem with him having his hax, then take it up in the content revision board.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Blahblah9755 said:
Oh, YEAH.

Cool argument there.
Basically ...

• Goku almost kills Seiya with kamehameha*
Seiya: "I HAVE TO PROTECT THE WORLD! SAORIIII! MY FRIENDS!" *Seiya stands up*

• Goku almost kills Seiya with Super Kamehameha*
Seiya: "I-I can't give up now!! Ooooh!" *Seiya stands up again and tries to use Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken*

• Goku dodge and use Dragon First*
  • Seiya almost dead ... then ... Seiya crawls* "A-Athena ..."
Goku: "OH, F#CK YOU!" *Goku flies out*

Seiya won via W.O.

The end. :')

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Tivanenk said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Actually, Bronze Cloth Seiya with 6 senses is SLOWER than Goku in the Piccolo Jr. Arc.
Because dodging Aiolos' Lightning Bolt was so slow.
Look at Seiya´s page.
He dodged...Wait. Aiolos? What are you talking about?
I corrected myself. And the page for Seiya is not really reliable but he can easily fluctuate his Cosmo to raise his speeds. He has gone from a couple machs to light speed numerous times over in the Sanctuary arc. Keeping up with Aldebaran and Aiolia.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Blahblah9755 said:
And I made it clear that he wins round 3
He wins round 3.

If speed is equalized, what gives Goku round 1? Seiya's AP is higher for R1 due to the Silver Saints powerscaling but it doesn't really matter due to the nature of his attacks. Round 2, Goku is alot stronger and faster, so he could take Seiya with a few hits, but the same goes for Seiya again due to the way their attacks work, but Goku has the way better chance of taking out Seiya in R2 if Seiya doesn't raise his cosmos and keeps it at the "star level" baseline for the 7th sense. So, if we say Sanctuary arc Seiya vs Namek Arc SSJ Goku, then Goku most likely takes it. This is off topic, but I wonder mastered 7th sense Seiya vs Mastered SSJ Goku/Gohan in the Cell Saga. As for R3, the 8th sense' boosts Seiya to Solar System level, as does SSJ2/3 for Goku, but again, the nature of the atomic destruction/durability negation gives Seiya the huge edge here. It may sound OP, Broken, Hax etc, but we all have to remember the author's intent wasn't to fight against other verses. So while Atomic Destruction may seem crazy in other verses, its literally a beginner level skill in this series. While 8th sense Seiya may seem haxed, he was literally lower to mid tier compared to the gold saints and the stronger specteres amd judges in that arc. I think? At least, it was heavily implied that most of the Gold Saints in that arc > the Bronze Saints. Besides the weaker ones like Aphrodite and Deathmask. Thats how I take it. I could be wrong.

Whether you're directing that at Mikoto or me, I'm pretty sure we both made it clear that we think thee match is inconclusive for at least round 1 and 2

Blahblah9755 said:
Whether you're directing that at Mikoto or me, I'm pretty sure we both made it clear that we think thee match is inconclusive for at least round 1 and 2
Haven't we decided that round 1 and 2 goes to Goku?

QPower said:
Blahblah9755 said:

I was saying if speed is equalized, round 1 goes to Seiya no problem. Small Country level in his normal bronze cloth with no seventh sense as of the Silver Saint Arc.

I still think it's inconclusive round one and two, speed is equalized and it's AP vs hax in a who strikes first type scenario

Ss4ultimategohan said:
I was saying if speed is equalized, round 1 goes to Seiya no problem. Small Country level in his normal bronze cloth with no seventh sense as of the Silver Saint Arc.
He's only listed as island level do you have proof of him being that high? I don't know the series that well, so I'd appreciate it if you had scans, also if it needs revision you may want to bring it up in content revision

Blahblah9755 said:
Ss4ultimategohan said:
He's only listed as island level do you have proof of him being that high? I don't know the series that well, so I'd appreciate it if you had scans, also if it needs revision you may want to bring it up in content revision
Island level was him in the beginning of series. He was having trouble against Cassius back then. He got a huge boost.

Blahblah9755 said:
Ss4ultimategohan said:

He was Island Level when he was 7. That was his 1st year of training. He's at least 6C then, but the main series starts 6 years later when he's 13. While a normal Bronze Saint, he beat this person Lizard Misty (a Silver Saint) in a fair one on one fight, and then beat 1 more Silver Saints of equal or greater level that same day I believe. Eariler, Misty was literally beating up Seiya with his finger (One Finger) and blocked Seiya's strongest attack without physically blocking (Defense) but was defeated in a 1 v 1 by that same Seiya due to Seiya Burning his cosmos. (Basically reaching new heights of power as long as their willpower is strong enough) Misty's profile - Lizard Misty

This guy doesn't have a profile here but this is another that Seiya beat in that same day. He should be at least the same as Misty. Moses Whale Moses

Ss4ultimategohan said:
QPower said:
Blahblah9755 said:
Seiya is not on Goku's level for round 1 and round 2 because of raw power. But at full power Seiya beats Goku on the 3rd round because of his ability to overcome odds and obstacles and bounce back stronger and learn and adapt to different battle situations.

@Ss4 Alright thanks, in that case my vote goes to Seiya for at least rounds one and three, you might want to bring this up in content revision, since if what you said is all right his profile is pretty inaccurate

Blahblah9755 said:
@Ss4
Alright thanks, in that case my vote goes to Seiya for at least rounds one and three, you might want to bring this up in content revision, since if what you said is all right his profile is pretty inaccurate

I really don't know how that works, but its not only for him, there are 4 other main characters that are his level but at "at least 6C"

Blahblah9755 said:
@Ss4
Alright thanks, in that case my vote goes to Seiya for at least rounds one and three, you might want to bring this up in content revision, since if what you said is all right his profile is pretty inaccurate
I still believe that Round 1 and 2 goes to Goku and Round 3 goes to Seiya

QPower said:
Ss4ultimategohan said:
QPower said:
Blahblah9755 said:
Seiya is not on Goku's level for round 1 and round 2 because of raw power. But at full power Seiya beats Goku on the 3rd round because of his ability to overcome odds and obstacles and bounce back stronger and learn and adapt to different battle situations.
Round 1 Seiya is is at least Small Country level if we use the most recent non 7th sense Seiya. He beat Misty in a fair fight. If we use the beginning of the series, he's still above Island Level as we got that he was that level from a flashback of his 1st year of training. Goku is Large Island Level in R1. Also, remember atmoic destruction/durability negation? That's a prerequisite for becoming even a bronze Saint. Seiya learned atomic destruction in his 1st year of training (age 7) and was 13 when the series started. Keep in mind, Seiya's "at least 6C" Island Level feat came from when he was 7 years old, before he was even close to becoming a Bronze Saint (the lowest level saint, where he was at at 13 years old). He barely knew how to control his Cosmos then. Round 2 Goku takes it. I have R1- Seiya R2- Goku R3- Seiya. Goku in R1 is alot faster, so he would normally win (if Seiya doesn't raise his cosmos to beat Goku, something that he and his comrades consistently do in series). But the speed is equalized, and Seiya has the greater AP, and even if he doesn't his attacks negate durability. Goku's ranged attacks can get Seiya, and his Super Kamehameha can beat him, but the charge time is too long, and that was before Goku could fly

The calc for the feat- Island Level

I'd say Seiya also takes it in Round 2 if we're using Poseidon Arc Seiya for that which is default since he didn't specify the arc.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Tivanenk said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Tivanenk said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Did Seiya improve at all on the Poseidon Arc?
Yes, a lot.
Like Post-Sanctuary Seiya and Poseidon Seiya being different.
They're about as different as Beginning of Hades Arc Seiya and God Cloth Seiya.
Elaborate on that

He mastered the 7th sense, as well got his own "Golden" Bronze cloth, which is like almost the power up of a Gold Cloth (remember Cloths improve your cosmos offensively and defensively). Seiya was gold saint level in his bronze cloth, and now he has a psuedo gold cloth. But I wouldn't say the difference is as big as beginning of Hades arc to god Cloth. But he did improve alot.

Seiya Vs Goku threads are not as exciting and fun because Goku is still more powerful than Seiya and Seiya does not have enough hax to make it a fun fight. Threads like Saga Vs Vegeta or Shaka Vs Goku or Gold Saints Vs Z-Fighters makes more sense. (off topic I know, but I can't help but to say)

Matthew Schroeder said:
Goku is more powerful than Seiya where?
I am just saying that there are better SS Vs DB thread that people can make like the ones I mentioned. Seiya can beat Goku and Goku can beat Seiya but there atre more fun SS Vs DB threads to make

Back