• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a short waiting period before a match is added in case someone didnt get a chance to give their opinion.

Garnet's precog isn't worth anything, it only lists possibilities. It doesn't tell her exactly what is going to happen, it can just as easily be wrong as it could right. Which basically makes it as accurate as guessing for yourself. As for her experience, that isn't going to be much help or use here. 95% of her experience is fighting weaker opponents. Random gem monsters, and being the one who is more powerful. Not to mention the fact that it's always against other gems. Goku is a saiyan, that can mean a lot here. In addition to that fact, Goku is more powerful here, her attacks are going to do all of nothing to him.

Beerus had millions of years of experience, similar to Garnet's in fact, as everyone is always much weaker than he is. The only reason Goku lost is because he too wasn't as strong as Beerus. Garnet's experience isn't going to be worth much here against an opponent that is not only stronger, but she can't harm even if she got the chance to attack.

Still applies, what is Garnet got that Goku can't handle? Whereas I can show plenty of things Goku can do that Garnet has never seen before? Her experience is only as good as what it's consisted of, and seeing as she fights random monsters that really aren't a threat to her...I can't see that as very helpful.

And her precog is nigh useless, if I remember correctly she has to take time to think to even sift through the limitless possibilities she's shown. She can't rely on that in a fight, not to mention she could still guess wrong. So, yeah it's pretty useless.

How does Garnet survive a ki blast to the chest? Let alone something like a kamehameha?

Garnet not only fought against random monsters, she was present in the rebelion, that would mean that has fought against experienced gem warriors. Also, future visions isn't the desicive winning factor, but is pretty useful; Garnet is able to shake mountains and pierce metal, things that even krillin isn't able to do in DBZ.

yeah, is possible that Garnet can be killed by a full power kamehameha, but that isn't the case here, isn't that simple to do that attack when you are fighting with someone with limitless stamina

Ben836 said:
Still applies, what is Garnet got that Goku can't handle? Whereas I can show plenty of things Goku can do that Garnet has never seen before? Her experience is only as good as what it's consisted of, and seeing as she fights random monsters that really aren't a threat to her...I can't see that as very helpful.
And her precog is nigh useless, if I remember correctly she has to take time to think to even sift through the limitless possibilities she's shown. She can't rely on that in a fight, not to mention she could still guess wrong. So, yeah it's pretty useless.

How does Garnet survive a ki blast to the chest? Let alone something like a kamehameha?
Her precog is not that bad, especially in the battle. Her experience includes a millenia-long gem war, and she was pretty good there (She and Bismuth took a batalion of quartzes by themselfs)

And she has a lot of suprises too: lightnings, gauntlets shot, and don't forget - she is a fusion, Ruby and Sapphire can still fight. Goku would have part of his body frozen, and other part burnt to a crisp.

Ruby and Sapphire, what difference will they make? Unfusing is probably the worst move they can make, since then Goku can beat them down all the quicker with his better fighting technique. Going from what I've seen in SU, for all that experience it seems like Garnet relies on simply overpowering opponents. Not only would that not work here, seeing as Goku is more powerful, Goku has enough variation in what he does to win, especially as a teen, before he had transformations and boosts to use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxF8qnZMAg This would end Garnet, and Goku did it after suffering a terrible beatdown. So he could just come outright with it if he wanted.

Even Steven was able to hold back a Ruby for a considerable period and Sapphire isn't prone to violence at all. She'd more likely just run. And yeah, she predicted lightning and the storm a few hours in advance. It's not something she just uses in a fight. And reacted to a gauntlet being shot is different than knowing it was coming to start. To further address the Ruby and Sapphire thing, it's not like Goku is just going to stand and let himself get burned or frozen. He's going to move, a blast them from a distance. Something they cannot survive.

Ben836 said:
Ruby and Sapphire, what difference will they make? Unfusing is probably the worst move they can make, since then Goku can beat them down all the quicker with his better fighting technique.
The point was, even if she takes a lethal hit, they would still be able to fight, maybe not as strong as Garnet, but still pretty strong. In any case, she already has victory in her profile

This is a wiki, it can easily be edited out. And no, they won't be able to fight. They're just running at this point.

The Ruby's are weak as shit, they can't even play baseball well. Sapphire is also weak as shit, Steven is likely physically stronger than she is.

Garnet is fairly strong, but she can't harm Goku. If this is Teen Goku, that means the fight with Majunior and Raditz still count right? If so, then I can't see how Garnet could possibly harm Goku.

Ben836 said:
The Ruby's are weak as shit, they can't even play baseball well. Sapphire is also weak as shit, Steven is likely physically stronger than she is.
Garnet is fairly strong, but she can't harm Goku. If this is Teen Goku, that means the fight with Majunior and Raditz still count right? If so, then I can't see how Garnet could possibly harm Goku.
We havn't seen a Ruby to actually hit anyone yet, but Sapphire has a multi city block AP, and I would assume Ruby is the same.

If this is weak as shit, I don't understand this wiki

Ben836 said:
Why would his fight with Raditz count for this? This is Goku during the 23 Budokai, not the Saiyan Saga.

Multi City Block? That isn't anything to Dragon Ball. Even Roshi blew up the moon and Piccolo incinerated an entire island with a gesture. Granted he burned a lot of power, but effecting blocks isn't anything to them. Especially since Goku is fast enough to just avoid it. We've seen a Ruby try to kill Steven when he was inside of the bubble floating in space. Even Steven managed to hold her off for a considerable period. She'd be a joke to even Kid Goku.

Ben836 said:
She'd be a joke to even Kid Goku.

Hate to break it to you but Ruby would stomp every version of Goku up to the 22nd Budokai arc, and even then she would speedblitz him hard.

How would Ruby beat Goku when even Steven managed to hold off a Ruby? That's some wankery if I ever seen it. Meanwhile we see Goku resist attacks that would go through meteors and incinerate islands.

Ruby speedblitz Goku? That's funny, the guy that literally was faster than lightning and outran a solar flare. Ok, what speed feats does Ruby have again? Last I checked they haven't anything to suggest they have enhanced speed at all.

Ben836 said:
Multi City Block? That isn't anything to Dragon Ball. Even Roshi blew up the moon and Piccolo incinerated an entire island with a gesture. Granted he burned a lot of power, but effecting blocks isn't anything to them. Especially since Goku is fast enough to just avoid it.

Roshi blowing up the moon is an outlier, and 90% of the characters in SU, Ruby included, are Massively Hypersonic, whereas Goku even during the 23rd Budokai arc is only High Hypersonic.

Ben836 said:
How would Ruby beat Goku when even Steven managed to hold off a Ruby? That's some wankery if I ever seen it. Meanwhile we see Goku resist attacks that would go through meteors and incinerate islands.
Ruby speedblitz Goku? That's funny, the guy that literally was faster than lightning and outran a solar flare. Ok, what speed feats does Ruby have again? Last I checked they haven't anything to suggest they have enhanced speed at all.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Son_Goku_(Teenager)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ruby_(Crystal_Gems)

Look for yourself

Proof that they can move at that speed? I've yet to see a Crystal Gem move faster than the eye can see. Reacting to things moving quickly is quite different than actually fighting at that pace.

They're not faster than Goku, I've watched SU from day one. Nothing to even suggest they have super speed, only quick reactions.

Ben836 said:
Proof that they can move at that speed? I've yet to see a Crystal Gem move faster than the eye can see. Reacting to things moving quickly is quite different than actually fighting at that pace.
They're not faster than Goku, I've watched SU from day one. Nothing to even suggest they have super speed, only quick reactions.
If I could, half of the characters would have much lower stats, but I can't.

I've seen the wiki, but I disagree with the results based on the show itself. I've seen Ruby's fight, they're not hypersonic, Steven can still what's happening when they fight. If they're all faster than a speeding bullet, then Steven shouldn't be able to see shit.

All I see is wankery, they're not fast. At all. They might be able to react to lightning, but reacting is far different to actually possessing super speed. I can react to a baseball thrown at 90 mph, but in no way does that mean I can move at 90 mph.

If you think their stats are incorrect then make a content revision thread. In the meantime this thread should be closed, a decision has been reached, results have been added, and its devolving into an argument over stats.

Like Weekly said, if you can prove than those stats are bad, you can make a content revision. But even if you're arguments are correct, that wouldn't change the fight, since is speed equalized, speed here isn't a decisive factor

I dunno how to do that, I just got on this site. But I've seen Steven Universe and I've seen gems fight. They're not massively hypersonic at all. Even Greg, a normal human being can observe a gem conflict and make comments on it. Connie, human girl in like the 5th grade has been able to train and practice swordfighting with pearl using a program designed for gems. It was turned to the highest difficulty and she was able to keep up for a considerable period of time.

If Pearl, the 2nd strongest of the gems was Massively Hypersonic, there would be no way for Connie a regular human girl ( a child I might add!) could possibly keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back