• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Bayonetta (various versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
when hit used his finale time stop, in the first frame of it we see goku just simly gray and stoped not moving. nothing else at all in that frame of him stopped, hit didnt even touch him. then it cuts to hit and he says "my time leap is way ahead of you" then in the next few frame's is when you see goku start to get some white stars around him and you hear some freeze sounds. but its not at all like when hit froze goku in that kamehameha. he doesnt have ice around him or nothing. It seems like hit just simply stacked time stops to me

Also we need to know for a fact if bayonetta has time stop or if she can just slow down time. Going by her profile though she can stop time. and i have not played in awhile so i dont know. can someone provide some proof that she can indeed stop time ? its on her profile so going by that she can but, people seem to be questioning if she can or not and im curious too. I have not played in a while so i dont remember

going by all the descriptions, Witch time just slows down time to an extreme degree. It seems that bayo cant stop time, unless theres something that happenes in the game that shows a time stop ability. Sorry for all the text guys.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
Goku is immune to time stop and according to this, Witch Time is not time stop:

Witch Time: A common ability and most valuable of Bayonetta's. Witch time is an ability that all witches have, this allows Bayonetta to slow time down to an insane degree. To the points where flying rocks seem slow, where water drops to turn to ice when touched, and seconds can last an entire boss fight. This is the potentially the single most devastating ability in her arsenal, making her nearly impossible to hit if she isn't blitzed first and allowing her to pummel targets without retaliation.
Yeah, I kinda said that Bayo can't time stop.

You know, it's either Bayonetta wins or it won't be added. I'm triying to get Massive speedblitzes on the same tier banned, and this would fall under this. They're unfair and only used to get victories on a page.

So I just literally toke one second to research this and NO BAY DOES NOT STOP TIME

I went to various sources and they all said it slows down time

Now before you guys say it's different so Goku doesn't have his hax resistence,he actually should because Goku moved while time was at 0 but Bay can never get there no matter how many times she stakes it.It could be 0.00000000000001 but that still not as good as Hit's ability.

Time stop<Whatever Bay could do

Goku wins and that 5-4 is only because of false information on Bay's end so until I hear a different reason other then witch time they shouldn't be counted

The real cal howard said:
You know, it's either Bayonetta wins or it won't be added. I'm triying to get Massive speedblitzes on the same tier banned, and this would fall under this. They're unfair and only used to get victories on a page.
But wins via stupid levels of hax are ok.

It doesn't matter if it's not as good as hits. Though one can argue that it is better because it lasts longer. What matters is that gokus resistance to time related abilities is incredibly small. He Got hit by hit using his not-so-good time abilities.

Ever heard of quality over quanity no matter how you look at it stopping time is literally infinitly better then slowing it down.It just so happens that bay's witch time is a weaker version of Hit's time stop.

I hate using screw attack logic but even if you were to divide 1 second by infinity it's still not as good as stopping it completly

Quality over quantity isn't always the case.and think of it like this: time stop is 0 while Bayo is exponential decay with an asymptote at 0. Bottom line is, it will get close enough, and Goku has bad resistance to it regardless.

Just because it's bad doesn't mean it won't work.No matter how bad it is if Bay can't stop time when time is already stopped Goku is still moving at full speed.

If this were any other kind of time munipulation Goku would be screwed but it just so happens Bat's power is in Goku's very little wiggle room for anti-hax.

Yet hits final MUDA wasn't a time stop stack. Thereby showing that DBS just goes off of power>hax in the verse, which doesn't play well into vs matches for them. Bottom line is, Goku's resistance is just because he's temporarily above hit at best, PIS at worst.

@The real cal howard

I agree with you. I think vsbattles with massive speed disadvantages within the same tier should be banned,it's only a matter of, how massive does the difference in speed have to be?

But Goku . . . was still moving after Hit caught up
Giphy.gif

hit had to freeze him twice for it to have any affect

The final time hit used his time leap he didnt do that extra freeze thing. the one with the red background. The one where hit just simply says "my time leap is way ahead of you" in that one goku is stopped without hit having to touch goku to freeze him again.

Kingrandy7 said:
and even if hit had to freeze him twice for it to work , bayonetta can also slow him twice like Weekly battles said.
He didn't freeze Goku twice. Look at Hit's profile. He time-leaped. THEN froze Goku. They are two different techniques. He used two techniques in one

people seemed to be split on exacty what that was. lots of people just saying its stacked time stop and others saying it was something else, either way its still time manipulation and goku was affected by it. Then theres the final time leap hit used that worked on goku. And in the frame you can see that goku is Stoped and not moving, no Freeze there, Goku couldnt resist a Time manipulated hax. We can't just assume bayonetta's time hax will be negated , when goku is indeed affected by time manipulated Hax. Also Hit's time manipulation seems to be bad hax. One moment they work, then the next they dont and then they work again, all because someone got more powerful or isnt as powerful. Hit's hax appear bad. I think bayonetta will be able to slow down time on goku, then stack it or slow down goku again for an even greater affect that will give bayonetta a speed advantage or at the very least it would even out their speeds with each other. Then bayonetta will finish him off with the hax she has. Soul attacks, molecular destruction, etc. Bayonetta especially has this if goku isnt already in his final form before the fight.

Hit froze goku within frozen time or froze time within frozen time. If bayonetta slowing down goku within slowed time will work on him, then i say bayonetta will win. If that works then doing that will even out the speed and then she can finish him with hax.

Kingrandy7 said:
Hit froze goku within frozen time or froze time within frozen time. If bayonetta slowing down goku within slowed time will work on him, then i say bayonetta will win. If that works then doing that will even out the speed and then she can finish him with hax.
Keep in mind that the speed difference is astronomical in this case, Bayonetta's witch time would have have to slow down time to a pretty heavy extent. Goku is likely trillions of times FTL so unless her witch time can reduce the flow of time such that a billionth or trillionth of a second is equal to one second from her point of view during witch time then she'd still end up being blitzed.

Theres times that she slows down time to the point where it looks like time is simply stopped, not moving and it stays like that for several minutes. On top of that she can use it twice for an even greater effect, slowing people within slowed time and slowing time within slowed time etc. Its Extremely powerful

Just because it looks like time has completely stopped doesn't mean that it has completely stopped. The characters in Bayonetta can only be judged on their own levels of speed. For example if Bayonetta used it to slow someone who was massively FTL to a standstill then that would be valid, however most of the opponents that she's faced are only slower than her or equal in speed. In the case where she's fought someone who is her equal in speed then she has never, ever shown the ability to freeze time for several minutes.

Another thing to mention is that the time that on the occassions that Bayonetta uses Witch Time for several minutes it only lasts for certain levels. Meaning that it's possible that that particular use of Witch time is a gameplay mechanic.

Also there's the fact that several of the items that she uses to activate Witch time under different circumstances to dodging come with the expense of consuming her magic.

i only said it looks like time is completly stopped. i didnt mean it did, was just using it has an example of it slowing down time to an extrem degree, sorry for not clarifying. Also the cosuming magic seems like a gameplay mechanic because it doesnt seem to be an issue in the cutsences, maybe im wrong on that and missed something. She does a lot of that slowing stuff in cutscenes too, not just gameplay, even the several minute slows are part of cutscenes, so i dont think its just a gameplay mechanic for the several minute ones, especially when it contributes to moments in the story. I also remember her slowing time down for several minutes when she fought Jeanne.

You brought up a really good point about how the people bayonetta fights are only at her speed. so yeah i dont think the time slow will be enough for her to keep up with goku

Kingrandy7 said:
You brought up a really good point about how the people bayonetta fights are only at her speed. so yeah i dont think the time slow will be enough for her to keep up with goku
Reminds me of every dante fight ever,"lolquicksilver"

On topic tho-I think Yojimbo's arguments make sense,so voting for goku.

Not trying to get off-topic, but to be entirely fair Quicksilver has demonstrated to slow time to 1/20th-1/100th it's normal rate by Dante's perception, people point it out for a reason

Not really sure what the number on Witch Time is, but I guess it's more important to decide whether or not stacking it or whatever Bayo does with it would even work

If bayo hax is to slow down time then it is not better than Hit who can completely stop time and also downplaying of dragonball characters is making me think that most people here has some serious grudge against dragonball franchise to which i'm quite disappointed.

ShutUp123 said:
If bayo hax is to slow down time then it is not better than Hit who can completely stop time and also downplaying of dragonball characters is making me think that most people here has some serious grudge against dragonball franchise to which i'm quite disappointed.
You should have seen the PreC supes vs HiT match then.

KazarianFahs said:
ShutUp123 said:
You should have seen the PreC supes vs HiT match then.
I know superman lost that match but mods closes the thread because hit was winning so much grudge against dragonball franchise.

So then if there is a new rule against speed blitzes, could someone close this thread? Since battles where speed is equalized are forbidden to be added and speed blitzes are no longer allowed it seems like it's not possible for a win to be added either way

Bayonetta has intangibility, invincible barriers, is physically stronger, time manipulation, Wicked Weaves that are far stronger than she, and Queen Sheba. Goku is nothing.
terms of sheer force he is God tier

Goku is pitiful. Base Goku can't lift 40 tons. Bayonetta headbutt a skyscraper into pieces, and she's at the low end physically.

However Bayonetta's power all comes from magic, and magic by its very nature works outside the realm of of physics which is where all of Goku's power is based in.

Quite.

What does physics have to do with people flying and shooting energy blasts that can destroy planets?

Different physics. Ki is distinctively different from magic in DBZ, and without magic he can't harm her in Purgatoria.

If magic was Goku's weakness Babbidi would have beat him by himself since he was a wizard, but he didn't, because he was pathetically weak.

Which makes him a weakling.

Wicked Weaves wouldn't put a dent in Goku

Vegeta took out Goku with one chop. Bayonetta's physically stronger than Vegeta and the Weaves are much stronger than she. There's also Shuraba's weaves, which are similar to ki cutting attacks (which no one resists in canon).

Witch time only lasts for a short period

It lasts as long as she wants in cutscene.

but Goku has instant transmission anyway.

Which he can't use while time is stopped. There's also the issue of her time travel.

If Balder can rip them apart during the boss fight, I don't see what's stopping Goku from incinerating them all with a KI blast.

Queen Sheba. Manifesting them in Purgatoria (they can hurt Goku, but he can't touch them).

Bayonetta is strong, but not DBZ strong, not even close.

She punches the DBZ earth into the Sun, obliterating everyone.

Marloon Devonne said:
terms of sheer force he is God tier

Goku is pitiful. Base Goku can't lift 40 tons. Bayonetta headbutt a skyscraper into pieces, and she's at the low end physically.

Vegeta took out Goku with one chop. Bayonetta's physically stronger than Vegeta and the Weaves are much stronger than she. There's also Shuraba's weaves, which are similar to ki cutting attacks (which no one resists in canon).
that was before super sayin god he could keep up with beerus who could destroy hafe a planit with a tap of his finger or a intier planit with a sniza.

his guard was down that would not happin in a fight and they are far stronger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back