• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a being that suddenly grew the ability to breath fire to counter Martian Manhunter. He literally gained the ability to fire tendrils to counter Superman's ability to fly and reel him in closer. Doomsday doing things like adapting to absorb ki directly from Goku or even just grow more poison bone armor to counter Goku's HtH skills is not farfetched.

Goku has resistance to poison. "adapting to absorb ki directly from Goku" considering he fought many characters with energy manipulation and has never develop the power to i'm going say it's unlikely he has even fought a being made out of energy and just develop resistance/nullify the energy not actually absorb it from him.

Nitro90 said:
The feat for DB characters destroying characters with a certain regen level comes from Goku spirit bomb destroying Buu. And Trunks killing Frieza. I think
Frieza can't regen. The Trunks thing comes from a guidebook stating that it atomized Frieza, which obviously isn't true because Cell and Buu wouldn't be hard to deal with otherwise.

In Buu's case, evil purging death ball against being made of pure evil.

Nitro90 said:
considering he fought many characters with energy manipulation and has never develop the power to i'm going say it's unlikely he has even fought a being made out of energy and just develop resistance/nullify the energy not actually absorb it from him.
Riiiight, never ever

Nitro90, I'm getting this feeling that you've not actually gone through Doomsday's profile because he already has developed those abilities:

He can counteract and nullify energy.

He can absorb it and even seem to feed off it.

He can reflect it back and cause feedback.

Doomsday has met several different energy manipulators and has developed countermeasures for them. Saying that it's unlikely Doomsday can't develop the ability to abosrb ki or just counteract it to the point it doesn't matter doesn't begin to make sense when he's done it to mutilpe other beings. Same thing with poison. Yes, Goku is resistant to poison but nothing stops Doomsday from developing a deadlier one? He went from not having it at all to developing it second. Being resistant doesn't make you immune.

The fact is at the end of the day, Goku is coming up against a being that is already equipped with counters for what he brings to the table and can develop more and more in response to just slugging it out.

Just saying but Goku isn't JUST whatever that level he is at SSJ3 you guys pegged him at since the Kamehameha and pretty much any techniques amps your Potency up as noted by Raditz. So Goku doing a Kamehameha is actually >Normal Power Level.

Frieza can't regen. The Trunks thing comes from a guidebook stating that it atomized Frieza, which obviously isn't true because Cell and Buu wouldn't be hard to deal with otherwise.

In Buu's case, evil purging death ball against being made of pure evil.

The spirit bomb doesn't purge evil. That's never been stated

Akreious said:
Just saying but Goku isn't JUST whatever that level he is at SSJ3 you guys pegged him at since the Kamehameha and pretty much any techniques amps your Potency up as noted by Raditz. So Goku doing a Kamehameha is actually >Normal Power Level.
Exactly with a SSJ3 Kamehameha he would be well over stomping range.

The phrase "Frieza being atmomized can't be true because Cell wouldn't be a problem" is untrue. The problem wasn't just Cell's Regen but that his Cells are durable as balls- Remember that if Ki Blasts can atomize then EVERYBODY can atomize and EVERYBODY RESISTS. So first you have to get through Cell's Ki Aura then Cell's Inherent Body before you can actually do the atomizing thing, which is easier said than done when your strongest and best attacks can only take portions of his body apart rather than blow it up in its entirety (Y'know, the REQUIREMENT to kill him?)

Ok but Goku wouldnt instantly go SSJ3 and wouldnt pull out Kamehameha out instantly.

As far as I know hed start out in H2H.

Remember Goku is in character here.

PsychoWarper said:
Ok but Goku wouldnt instantly go SSJ3 and wouldnt pull out Kamehameha out instantly.
As far as I know hed start out in H2H.

Remember Goku is in character here.
Read the conditions m8

Goku has prior knowledge if needed

Yes it literally says if needed, not that he automatically has that.

If Goku has the natural AP advantage and can atomize via Ki Blasts then he doesnt seem to need it m8.

Also, if Goku is made aware of the fact he's up against a being that can absorb/nullify/reflect energy, why would he even try?

Yes, he's nulled the Radiant, whose a counterpart and opposite to the Spectre. He's absorbed the power from a Guardian of the Universe who are far stronger than Green Lanterns. Said Guardian also believe that Doomsday could drain the entire Central Power Battery that powers the entire Green Lantern Corps.

I'm just gonna go ahead and toss a vote for Doomsday.

Based on the above, the regen negation for ki is iffy at best and has yet to be accepted on a CRT. In fact, it appears to have been rejected seemingly multiple times, so I'm not sure why it's brought up as an argument. Especially when there are counter examples like the one with Vegeta's final explosion.

Doomsday can absorb, nullify, and/or reflect energy attacks. So ki is useless here. And H2H is not a good idea due to regen, bone manipulation, the possibility of creating a poison that surpasses what Goku resists. On top of Doomsday growing stronger as the battle continues. It helps that he starts off at an AP disadvantage, since Goku primarily seems to grow stronger at a faster rate against opponents physically comparable to himself. But getting stronger + developing new powers on the fly >>>>> getting stronger. So Doomsday should be able to take it through versatility via his adaptation.

I'm also unsure if Goku has prior knowledge here. It says if needed, but the OP hasn't specified whether or not it's needed. Personally, I don't believe so since the first thing they're likely gonna do is charge at each other. Unless Goku opts to start with some ki blasts. Doesn't make too much difference.

I literally said Doomsday can absorb and reflect Goku energy attacks which is said about Doomsday energy absorption. Not straight from the beings.That he's never done

Regarding Ki negating regen, is not true, its never been shown

however for the atomization argument, i wish to know more about it, i had read about it in a guide IIRC however i was under the assumption that it was not accepted here in this wiki. IF it has, why isnt atomization listed in the character's profiles?

Nitro90 said:
I literally said Doomsday can absorb and reflect Goku energy attacks which is said about Doomsday energy absorption. Not straight from the beings.That he's never done
Your point? Doomsday constantly pulls out new powers that he never even possessed before in response to threats and obstacles. Him tweaking an ability that he already has, is not a stretch.

Ah right, forgot about that thank you (Now I wanna read that comic).

Anyway makes me curious why theres no profile for Post-Flashpoint DD.

it was supposed to be created but nobody has had time for that

I would do it if I wasn't watching several series to create new profiles

also there is the movement of the forum.

Your point? Doomsday constantly pulls out new powers that he never even possessed before in response to threats and obstacles. Him tweaking an ability that he already has, is not a stretch.

Considering he has fought multiple Energy manipulators and never gain that power yes i'm calling it a stretch. Usually it's just absorb and nullify.

Nitro90 said:
Considering he has fought multiple Energy manipulators and never gain that power yes i'm calling it a stretch. Usually it's just absorb and nullify.
Oh yes, because Doomsday has no potential to evolve new powers or applications. Oh wait...Reactive Evolution, Adaptation and Accelerated Development, all which Doomsday displays in spades.

You're literally trying to claim that Doomsday's abilities are going to stay static when we know they don't and we know he can evolve an entire new set of abilities mid fight.

But, you know what? It really doesn't matter because Goku's up the creek with just the stuff Doomsday starts off with.

Oh yes, because Doomsday has no potential to evolve new powers or applications. Oh wait...Reactive Evolution, Adaptaion and Accelerated Development, all which Doomsday displays in spades.

You're literally trying to claim that Doomsday's abilities are going to stay static when we know they don't.

Andddd did he ever adapt that power the 1st,2nd, 10th or whatever time of fighting a energy user no

Voting Doomsday via reactive evolution to develop new abilities that Goku has no answer to, better accelerated development, being able to absorb/reflect/nullify Goku's Ki attacks, and making H2H near impossible for Goku via bone manipulation and poison manipulation.

LordUrien935 said:
Voting Doomsday via reactive evolution to develop new abilities that Goku has no answer to, better accelerated development, being able to absorb/reflect/nullify Goku's Ki attacks, and making H2H near impossible for Goku via bone manipulation and poison manipulation.
Goku resist Poison Manipulation

Nitro90 said:
Andddd did he ever adapt that power the 1st,2nd, 10th or whatever time of fighting a energy user no
Oh, so he'll just never evolve a new application on power he already has. Despite evidence pointing otherwise.

At the end of the day, you're free to believe whatever. But you'll have to excuse me if I don't subscribe to such a viewpoint.

AwkguyDB said:
LordUrien935 said:
Goku resist Poison Manipulation
Doomsday adapts and develops poison that surpasses Goku's resistance

Oh, so he'll just never evolve a new application on power he already has. Despite evidence pointing otherwise.

At the end of the day, you're free to believe whatever. But you'll have to excuse me if I don't subscribe to such a viewpoint.

I mean it's clear you don't agree with me

Doomsday adapts to everything Goku can do, poisons, and the poison adapts to Goku's resistance

Stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back