• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why exactly are we saying that Gojo knows how to use Domain Amplification? He's never once shown the skill ever, not even in his fight with Sukuna, and it's never once mentioned Gojo can amplify by Gojo himself OR Sukuna while they fight. Gojo being able to amplify is 1000% headcanon.

Why exactly are we saying that Gojo knows how to use Domain Amplification? He's never once shown the skill ever, not even in his fight with Sukuna, and it's never once mentioned Gojo can amplify by Gojo himself OR Sukuna while they fight. Gojo being able to amplify is 1000% headcanon.
it is headcanon, but well, since gojo is a genius at curse energy and even jogo can learn and use it, he should be able to... BUTl, he has infinity already and theres no reason for him to learn it lmao, domain amplification was put on the story to counter gojo infinity after all and gojo has no reason to use it at all

I'm unsure on if Six Eyes would particularly work here considering this is something supernatural yet unrelated to Cursed Energy stuff. In any case, considering its portrayal of MInd Reader I'd lean to it being Precognition, especially as it's shown as being usable reactively on this manner, Shadow Sneak includes an Speed amp, so that combined with Mind Reader is fairly likely to hit.
I wasn't concerned about it missing. I was moreso concerned about the fact Six Eyes would alert him to put up Infinity whenever it goes down to block it.

I mean I'll admit it's headcanon, but I don't really think that should disallow it. We're told Gojo is a genius who can use, but not teach techniques (such as Simple Domain), and is usually the pinnacle of Jujutsu in general. Add in the fact that he's explained exactly how Domain Amplification works, I don't really see why we couldn't reasonably deduce he could. I feel it'd be the same as saying Mahoraga can't adapt to things similar to what he could adapt to in canon because he wasn't shown to adapt to that specific thing in canon. It just kinda feels like a thing that's a given in regards to someone like Gojo.

(And to be fair, it's stated a few times in the manga that Gojo can do anything if he tries. But purposely doesn't try. So I'm extra inclined to believe if he was forced into a scenario where he can't hit the opponent conventionally, he'd use Domain Amplification)

Last edited:
I mean I'll admit it's headcanon, but I don't really think that should disallow it. We're told Gojo is a genius who can use, but not teach techniques (such as Simple Domain), and is usually the pinnacle of Jujutsu in general. Add in the fact that he's explained exactly how Domain Amplification works, I don't really see why we couldn't reasonably deduce he could. I feel it'd be the same as saying Mahoraga can't adapt to things similar to what he could adapt to in canon because he wasn't shown to adapt to that specific thing in canon. It just kinda feels like a thing that's a given in regards to someone like Gojo.

(And to be fair, it's stated a few times in the manga that Gojo can do anything if he tries. But purposely doesn't try. So I'm extra inclined to believe if he was forced into a scenario where he can't hit the opponent conventionally, he'd use Domain Amplification)
The Mahoraga example doesn't work because Gojo literally has shown he can't instantly learn any technique. He had to die to learn Reverse Cursed Technique. To learn to adjust his Domain parameters, he had to use his experience from the Prison Realm as a basis. He canonically cannot instantaneously learn every single Jujutsu skill there is— why he would do so with Amplification when he never used it even in the ultimate fight of his life is beyond me.

The Mahoraga example doesn't work because Gojo literally has shown he can't instantly learn any technique. He had to die to learn Reverse Cursed Technique. To learn to adjust his Domain parameters, he had to use his experience from the Prison Realm as a basis. He canonically cannot instantaneously learn every single Jujutsu skill there is— why he would do so with Amplification when he never used it even in the ultimate fight of his life is beyond me.
To be fair, he didn't need Domain Amplification against Sukuna. And it would actively hinder him by turning off his innate technique. It was more beneficial to Sukuna than it was Gojo in that scenario.

As for him learning Reverse Cursed Techniques and the ability to alter the attributes of his barrier, those were both things he didn't understand beforehand. He explained that Shoko was terrible at explaining it, and once he was able to understand it after nearly dying, he immediately figured out how to use it. I can't recall if Gojo was even that aware of being able to alter a Domain Expansion before thinking about it while inside Prison Realm. That just seems like him learning to do something new on his own without any frame of reference to work off of. Which would moreso be a feat of ingenuity, not his ability to replicate something. Whereas Gojo knows exactly how Domain Amplification works as early as when it's first used against him.

I can see reason to assume why he can't instantly replicate it, but to think he can't do so at all in a situation where it's actually mandatory to even touch the opponent (Well, outside of Domain Expansion anyways). Especially when it's stated he can do just about anything if he tries. I think even if he couldn't immediately replicate it, he could learn to do so during the duration of the fight.

be fair, he didn't need Domain Amplification against Sukuna. And it would actively hinder him by turning off his innate technique. It was more beneficial to Sukuna than it was Gojo in that scenario.
You can't just create a scenario in which Domain Amplification has no use to hardwave the fact that Gojo has never shown or been stated to be able to use it ever, even by himself. By the time Mahoraga was erasing Infinity anyways, Domain Amplification would've proved useful.
As for him learning Reverse Cursed Techniques and the ability to alter the attributes of his barrier, those were both things he didn't understand beforehand. He explained that Shoko was terrible at explaining it, and once he was able to understand it after nearly dying, he immediately figured out how to use it.
There's no way Gojo didn't know how Reverse Curse Technique worked. Even Toji knows what it is, and it's a skill that's been around for over a thousand years. Shoko isn't Iike, the first person in existence to ever use RCT. By Gojo's own words, it's "easier said than done." Shoko simply couldn't explain how she did it, because she didn't learn Reverse Cursed Technique, it's instinctive— just like Gojo can't teach people Simple Domain.

Gojo not knowing you can modify Domain parameters would also be weird, given the modification of things like domain coordinates is possible, but that's a bit speculatory so I'm willing to drop that.

You can't just create a scenario in which Domain Amplification has no use to hardwave the fact that Gojo has never shown or been stated to be able to use it ever, even by himself. By the time Mahoraga was erasing Infinity anyways, Domain Amplification would've proved useful.
Domain Amplification wouldn't have done much against Mahoraga. As Mahoraga doesn't use Cursed Techniques. Gojo could also still use Infinity to stave off attacks from Sukuna. I also highly doubt he'd be able to take out Mahoraga and Agito the way he did if he used Domain Amplification on account of not being able to use his techniques. Like a Maximum Output Blue. Or Hollow Purple. Amongst the other things he used (Flight, etc).
There's no way Gojo didn't know how Reverse Curse Technique worked. Even Toji knows what it is, and it's a skill that's been around for over a thousand years. Shoko isn't Iike, the first person in existence to ever use RCT. By Gojo's own words, it's "easier said than done." Shoko simply couldn't explain how she did it, because she didn't learn Reverse Cursed Technique, it's instinctive— just like Gojo can't teach people Simple Domain.
Knowing what it is =/= knowing how it works. If he knew the specifics of how RCT worked, I don't think he would've bothered with Shoko to begin with. Who as you said just does so instinctually. It was after Gojo was on the verge of death that he understood. Because of this, he was also immediately able to use Reversal: Red after learning RCT, when prior to understanding it, he couldn't pull it off (He also used Purple first try just from knowing about how it works). I feel this is supported by the fact it's stated to be an advantage for a technique to have a "how-to" manual in regards to techniques passed down for generations. So I feel Gojo knowing exactly how Domain Amplification works, and even understanding its limitations and being shocked Sukuna bypassed one of them (Being able to use it while in DE) is indicative of his ability to use it if he actually tried. Gojo's a genius who can understand/comprehend and use techniques, but his ability to actually teach isn't up to par.

Back