• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OK, so Godzilla is Skilled in Hand to Hand Combat and has a good enough Healing factor for him to pin down and Murder Rape Tyranitar with his Higher Lifting Strength and Atomic Breath.

Tyranitar. Wouldn't he just use scary face to slow down Godzilla to avoid being pinned? Or avoid anything really.

This will force Godzilla to rely on atomic breath, but Tyranitar also has means of attacking from afar via earth quake and other non-contact physical moves. Not to mention, screech is another thing.

There is a small issue with atomic breath. Assuming it operates like a special move, it may fall under Tyranitar's resistances and sandstorms increase special defence, which it can use passively through sandstream.

1: This Godzilla is a Strategist and doesn't just bull rush into things like an idiot.

2: Is Immense Stamina better than High Stamina?

3: This Godzilla has a better Intelligence rating being average compared to Tyranitar's Unknown.

1: So it's in-character for Godzilla to not rush? Good, Tyranitar has even more of a chance now. The longer the fight lasts, the more opportunities there are to use scary face.

2: Immense stamina is better than high stamina (from what I can tell) all pokemon have at least "high" stamina and it's full of feats consisting of fighting for hours/days, travelling for a day or longer, or swimming through the ocean. Tyranitar is a fully evolved pseudo legendary, so it's safe to assume that it probably wouldn't be lower than high. So the longer this fight goes or the more exertion is involved, the better off Tyranitar is.

3: Average intelligence offers no remarkable abilities unless Godzilla has been shown to be able to manipulate opponents of comparable intelligence and Tyranitar's intelligence is likely at least skilled in combat like the overwhelming majority of pokemon, but since it's unknown, we can't assume that Tyranitar's intelligence is exploitable by someone who is only average... On the other hand, Godzilla likely lacks experience fighting things with hax like Tyranitar, while Tyranitar likely has experience fighting things that fight like Godzilla.

Egg moves are typically allowed, so shouldn't that mean that Tyranitar gets access to even more hax such as dragon dance, iron defence and other silly things?

I'm betting Tyranitar's Intelligence can't be that much higher than it's mega form which has Below Average Intelligence.

Godzilla can still Pin him down with his massively higher Lifting strength if he thinks it's a valid option.

What I meant by he doesn't rush in is that he doesn't constantly rush in when it doesn't work. If it does work he's going to do that.

Is it in character for Tyranitar to use stat reduction moves? Because from what I've seen it always goes for sheer AP attacks.

1) Regular tyranitar is smarter than mega tyranitar because it's shown that mega evolution can induce drawbacks such as pain, intelligence loss and the like in exchange for great power elsewhere... Mega tyranitar's intelligence comes from an anti-feat or negative feat, while tyranitar doesn't have significant showings of being particularly dumb or particularly gifted, save for being presumably skilled at fighting.

2) Not if he has been haxed up first. How long or short it takes for Godzilla to go for the pin is going to be a factor here.

3) What does he do first? Does Godzilla fight conservatively or aggressively? How likely is it that Godzilla will go for a pin early in the fight whether Tyranitar attacks or statuses? I would say that Godzilla's best chance is to try and pin Tyranitar before any status attacks occur.

4) Yes. It doesn't have an inclination to use status moves like some of the more stally pokemon, but it doesn't refuse to use status moves, including scary face, screech and if egg moves are allowed; dragon dance and iron defence. Aside from that, some of its attacking moves have side effects such as lowering defence and flinching being common. It's also a species rather than a character so it's hard to say exactly what Tyranitar will do.

Besides, there's one thing that happens automatically; Sand stream whips up a sandstorm to increase tyranitar's special defence, making it more resilliant against the atomic breath.

Tyranitar doesn't resist the passive Radiation rolling off of Godzilla so that's a Problem for him.

Godzilla is smart so if he notices his enemy charging something up he's not gonna let them finish.

Godzilla's regen will let him last long enough for Tyranitar to burn himself out.

Godzilla could literally just turn all of the Sand to glass with his Atomic Breath.

It is very in character for Tyranitar to spam AP attacks, mostly Hyper Beam from what I've seen, maybe an earthquake here or there.

Godzilla fights aggressively but with strategy thrown into the mix. He doesn't hold back and he goes all out all the time.

How strong/damaging is the radiation?

Tyranitar doesn't have any charge-up moves.

Regen is great against AP but not against hax, in which even the AP moves have side effects.

It's an ongoing sandstorm. Even if you turn it all into glass, it keeps going... It could serve as a distraction in that case considering Tyranitar whips it up passively.

Tyranitar is a species rather than a character. There are tyranitars that mainly use hyper beam, tyranitars that mainly use stone edge, earth quake, rock slide, etc. This is shown in the anime and manga, implying that spammed moves are a personal preference rather than fully innate to the entire species... While in the games, I don't think wild pokemon are ever given hard coded inclinations to use certain moves... Because Tyranitar is a species rather than a character, I don't think we can say for certain that Tyranitar will 'only' hyper beam or earth quake in a drawn out fight, especially with intelligence that isn't actually reduced compared to the average pokemon. It could observe Godzilla's regen and change up its approach.

Aggressively? Okay, then I may lean in favour of Godzilla only because pinning right away is a potential win condition.

Fair point about Sandstorm.

The Radiation is enough to **** up his very DNA like normal Radiation should. So Cellular.

You might have a point about those moves being personal preference but you can't even fight wild Tyranitars in the Games, except maybe Pokemon Ranger where, if I remember correctly, they mostly use Stone Edge and Hyper Beam. I could be wrong about that though.

Very Aggressively, but with strategy.

His Hax working despite Regen is fair, but he can still wear him down and dodge. Even in Pokemon speed doesn't equate to dodging capability, that's evasiveness.

Radiation: So it doesn't like... Melt you over minutes... Okay, Tyranitar's immense stamina could play into lasting a couple hours, since even high stamina pokemon can fight each other for hours. But I could see it bringing down Tyranitar eventually.

Then there is an anime tyranitar that doesn't use hyper beam... Besides, most pokemon are observant enough, if tyranitar can see godzilla regenerating, I actually doubt that he would just keep attacking... It's in character for even wild pokemon to stop using moves completely if they don't work or if they think another move works better.

It's more that if Godzilla slows down too much, he won't be able to close the distance for a pin because Tyranitar doesn't go for contact moves all the time. Stone edge, hyper beam and earth quake are all not-contact. Aside from that, speed =/= evasion is more of a game mechanics thing in which evasion is probably your reaction time or perception... You could have FTL reactions for instance, but if you're immobile then logically speaking, you shouldn't be dodging.

If tyranitar is close enough to wear he's feeling a constant burning sensation in every cell of his body and possibly developing Cancer or Radiation Sickness then that's gonna be a problem real fast and **** up his stamina.

Fair enough. I still think he's gonna keep using different attacks until one of them works though before trying to stat reduce or amp.

By the time he's moving that slow he's gonna be right on top of him at that point.

I don't deny that it'll mess up his stamina, I'm saying that Tyranitar has so much stamina that even if you cut it in half, it's still going to be hours. Then that's when the "eventually" comes in... However, Tyranitar isn't dumb and his preferred moves are seemingly not contact moves so he won't be getting close all the time... Hyper beam is shown to be very long ranged actually.

It comes down to the individual Tyranitar and if it comes down to the individual Tyranitar, I may vote inconclusive since the win condition will be decided arbitrarily by how long Tyranitar takes to start using scary face. Do note that since there is radiation and the Tyranitar is not an idiot like his mega form, he may be inclined to skip all of his contact moves, which cuts out a huge chunk of his move pool.

Tyranitar could start backing away. Since speed is equalised, if one person doesn't want to get pinned, they'll remain a constand distance apart... The first scary face is a really huge deal because it gives one of the characters complete control over whether the fight turns contact or non-contact. If anything, Tyranitar should be inclined to avoid contact due to the radiation and its preferred fighting style.

I need to know if that "refusing to pin Megaguirus." is an outlier or not though.

Every other incarnation of Godzilla has pinned his opponents down at least once in their career. Sounds like an outlier.

If it really depends on the individual Tyranitar then that is a problem and Godzilla's Passive Radiation can effect multiple City Blocks just from him being near them.

Also, Scary Face might Slow him down and he's gonna notice that, so he might just start range Spamming.

SauceSorcery said:
I need to know if that "refusing to pin Megaguirus." is an outlier or not though.
I mean, GXM Godzilla never even tries pinning tactics, and you can't use the contuinity of other Godzilla films to justify he'd try that, so I'd so that's more ooc for this Goji.

It's kinda weird that he wouldn't try that on a Flying opponent, When, again, every single version of Godzilla has tried this at least once.

SBA's starting range is based on the range of the person with the higher range and Tyranitar's range is tens of kilometers though, so they'll start tens of kilometers apart. This has a few implications.

Godzilla's range is only hundreds of meters. If the radiation can reach that far, it's safe to assume that it won't be as painful or taxxing. It gives Tyranitar the opportunity to see Godzilla's Regenerationn and feel the increasing radiation as Godzilla gets closer so he is more likely to change up his strategy before Godzilla even has the option to pin him, which in itself could take a while since there are no speed advantages until scary face or dragon dance are used, then Tyranitar has it.

Range spamming is a lose condition IMO. As I said before, the passively created sandstorm increases Tyranitar's special defence and gives him the opportunity to eventually come around to his other moves, which Tyranitar's win con hinges on.

And if it's not in character for Godzilla to pin, there goes his main win con, in which I vote Tyranitar.

Yeah but he has a limited amount of uses on his moves though so eventually he's gonna run out of juice and start using struggle.

I think power points aren't referrenced in: Anime, manga and other sources. It implies that PP exists only in the world of game mechanics just like how the four move restriction doesn't actually exist and the "game stats" for the most part, don't exist either.

But the thing is, if it does exist, it'll take even less time for Tyranitar to cycle around to his win condition of scary face and hax.

The anime shows moves being "more or less" exhausting, but hyper beams recharge doesn't even apply to Tyranitar in the anime and manga, unlike most other pokemon. Instead, he is able to spam it over and over.

Yeah, I was just kinda memeing around with that one, I know power points don't exist in the other media.

His Atomic Breath can be spammed like crazy and doesn't tire him out. He can also keep one beam going for a while.

Hyper Beam not having a cool down in the anime is fair but it can be countered by Atomic Breath and Regen, while Godzilla can think around his Stats being reduced. He could probably try luring Tyranitar into a trap.

Does Godzilla have any showings of manipulating his opponent in a strategic manner? Particularly, skilled opponents.

Is he actually smart enough to think around unusual drawbacks and hinderances on a first encounter with them?

Godzilla was forced to rely on strategy and learning to a degree during his battle with Megaguirus when he was unable to defeat her through sheer brute force alone. Godzilla gradually learned and memorizes Megaguirus' attack patterns, allowing him to exploit openings when they arose. This is ultimately what allowed Godzilla to overcome the much faster and more agile Megaguirus.

Megaguirus' intelligence is not specified by rank, so I'm not sure how much of a feat that is. The intelligence section of Megaguirus only describes a strategy and kinda implies that Megaguirus is more rigid than tyranitar, unable to do anything but that.

This isn't as mentally challenging as working around having your very stats lowered against an opponent who seemingly prefers non-contact moves and isn't that dumb to begin with.

Godzilla's radiation is a dead give away, even more so than his size... Tyranitar can even attack around buildings through earth quake and screech, which does not require him to aim or know exactly where Godzilla is.

Therefore, I believe Godzilla cannot lure Tyranitar around.

He's still smart enough to realize some bullshit is going down and start Blasting everything around him to make sure he hits Tyranitar.

He's used to fighting faster and more agile opponents so this won't be to big an issue.

This is fair.

Has Godzilla fought anything that has a range advantage?

Has Godzilla fought anything with an AP advantage? Egg moves are usually allowed in this and Tyranitar gets dragon dance, so... It has a way to outright increase its AP.

No, he's always the Strongest guy around. Except for Showa Mechagodzilla and Showa King Ghidorah but that's a different Continuity.

He also usually has the range advantage most of the time.

But he's not gonna just stand there and let him hit him.

Back