• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla vs Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright spoilers for Godzilla vs Kong. You are out of your mind if you think Kong can win without the axe.
In their first fight Godzilla almost killed Kong if it wasn’t for humans interfering. You could argue it’s because they were under water but still.
The second time Godzilla was almost merciless. The second Kong dropped his axe Godzilla started wailing on him. Throwing him massive distances, biting and tearing at his skin and crushing him with his feat. Godzilla left him to die. Kong’s heart was slowing down by the second.
I absolutely vote for Godzilla.

I to shall vote for Godzilla FRA.
It also doesn't help Kong's case that Godzilla is way more durable then him, considering he took his own atomic breath to the face when it was redirected from Kong's Axe (which previously absorbed another usage of atomic breath) and he got back up a minute or so later relatively unscathed. Add in Godzilla's willingness to kill and his animal instincts, I think Godzilla just wins brutally

Should I give monke the axe?
this was before I watched the movie so I didnt know godzilla can OWN kong hard without the axe

i mean godzilla got knocked out by kong with his axe though kong also got blown away and godzilla got up really quickly. Also assuming the classic park battlefield i would say godzilla has the field advantage. In Hong kong King kong could swing around and jump around buildings and such while godzilla got stuck everywhere and didn't have enough movement space. This time the monkey has nowhere to jump and can't just stick his axe somewhere to get into a fist fight without dropping it.
Basically wether there is an axe or not i vote godzilla.

bruh what. Godzilla was having trouble against Kong with axe, he wins this time because he isn't in a jungle of buildings where kong had an advantage.

To be fair the axe, only knocked out Godzilla because it got either :
Jammed with the radiation Godzilla was firing at it and thus created a nuclear pulse.

Or he only got knocked out due to plot armor (I mean the axe cleanly cut Godzilla's leg with barely any momentum, Godzilla should have been at least severely wounded with a blow straight to the face Kong gave him, hell maybe it would have one-shot him)

And at the beginning of the Hong Kong fight, Kong was dominating at close combat thus why Godzilla suddenly used his atomic breath which Kong tanked, because he was getting bodied then Kong knock out Godzilla (The blow should have at least wound him, don't 8 me) with the axe, Godzilla beat Kong using the few bit of strength he has left by mauling him, pinning him to the ground and using his weight to prevent Kong from getting up

And at the beginning of the Hong Kong fight, Kong was dominating at close combat thus why Godzilla suddenly used his atomic breath which Kong tanked, because he was getting bodied then Kong knock out Godzilla (The blow should have at least wound him, don't 8 me) with the axe, Godzilla beat Kong using the few bit of strength he has left by mauling him, pinning him to the ground and using his weight to prevent Kong from getting up
Did u vote anyone

This goes just like the movie but when Goji starts using his atomic breath, Kong has no buildings to hide behind or manoeuvre with and gets turned into crispy monke.

I mean the buildings didn't really do shit, Kong more or less used them to dodge

Besides its New York

I mean the buildings didn't really do shit, Kong more or less used them to dodge

Besides its New York
That's exactly the point. They both have the experience of their Hong Kong fight so Goji knows to spam his atomic breath and Kong can't dodge it here since they both stand well above the trees in Central Park. All he can do is block with the axe but a few seconds of blocking will cause it to release a pulse which floors Kong. He won't be able to close the distance before he gets fried. This is just a rehash of the canon fight that Kong lost but with even more things against him aka a stomp.

What pulse?

I don't recall Kong getting knocked out by the pulse of the Axe unless he hit Godzilla directly with it

When he hits Godzilla and knocks himself and God out?
Yes, that is the scene in question and no he doesn't hit Goji, axe didn't even touch him. We know this because there isn't a single mark on his head even though we see a less charged axe put a decent cut into his thicc thigh. The pulse was released because Godzilla overcharged it because Kong blocked the beam for so long. Every other time that the axe absorbs the energy, it is never for as long as that time and every time Kong strikes with a charged axe, it never causes such a pulse.

Given that pulse still KOd Godzilla I don’t think that’s much of an issue.

Also, I wouldn’t go by visual damage to confirm whether or not someone is hurt or not by a physical strike, Monsterverse never conveyed this consistently.

It was also overcharged through 2 different blasts, Kong absorbing more then 1 isn’t necessary to do lots of damage and like you said, they have knowledge over the battle previously

It’s decisive at worst

Goji canonically won
The set up is even worse for Kong now
”Decisive”
It’s literally a stomp. What is Kong’s win con? Because I guarantee that anything anyone brings up has already been shown to not matter in the movie.

Hitting Godzilla when the axe is charged, when it’s not overcharged mind you.

Hell Godzilla won the last fight because he was lucky enough to dislocate Kongs shoulder making him unable to fight at all.

Is it very unlikely? Yes, obviously, is it possible? Yes.

Actually, I just realized Godzilla wouldn’t even bother charging the axe if he knew it was a threat

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back