• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla profiles revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd word light manipulation as light generation, and carefully looking at some of the details of those feats, I think the other proposals seem fine.

I guess my input is no longer needed, y'all can carry on with the evaluation of the abilities since I'm not particularly skilled with regards to saying what qualifies for which weird power or hax.

Also, shouldn't GMK Godzilla have Low-Godly regeneration over time? Since its body was created from the souls of the WWII victims?

That was Original Godzilla, that was killed. GMK Godzilla is a different Godzilla created from the souls of the WWII victims.

Apex, we talked about this months ago and we agreed in. In this continuity, the OG Godzilla had the same fate as in the original movie, he was completely desintegrated by the Oxygen Destroyer. Then years after, a new Godzilla appeared, a bigger one, with 60 meters, this Godzilla was created from a combination of the restless souls of the victims of WWII, and while the movie didn't specified that it is the OG Godzilla or a new individual, the second option is more reliable, as I said before, Godzilla was desintegrated, and this new one looks different and bigger, and according to Wikizilla, Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works refers this Godzilla as "the second Godzilla".

Apex, we talked about this months ago and we agreed in. In this continuity, the OG Godzilla had the same fate as in the original movie, he was completely desintegrated by the Oxygen Destroyer. Then years after, a new Godzilla appeared, a bigger one, with 60 meters, this Godzilla was created from a combination of the restless souls of the victims of WWII, and while the movie didn't specified that it is the OG Godzilla or a new individual, the second option is more reliable, as I said before, Godzilla was desintegrated, and this new one looks different and bigger, and according to Wikizilla, Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works refers this Godzilla as "the second Godzilla".
Seems fair.

So GMK needs immortality type 7 removed.

Done.

What about Low-Godly Regen to GMK Godzilla?

The 2012 informational book Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works distinguishes between both Godzillas, calling the 1954 Godzilla "first generation Godzilla" and the individual featured in the film the "second Godzilla," while also mentioning that the second Godzilla is larger in size than the original

From the book:

It is the second Godzilla to appear in 50 years, after the first generation Godzilla which reduced Tokyo to scorched earth in 1954 (Showa 29). It is larger in size than the first generation. / 1954(昭和29)年に東京を焦土と化した初代ゴジラ以来、50年ぶりに出現した第2のゴジラ。初代よりひとまわり大きい

According the books GMK is the Second gen Godzilla which means he is another individual from 1954 one. Toho Kindom even calls him 3rd Generation

this Godzilla is a supernatural entity spawned by the restless souls of those killed in the Pacific theater during World War II, being created as the amalgamation of Non-corporeal beings warrants Low-Godly Regen, but this is Non-combat applicable as it took likely 50 years to be done.

Thoughts?

So is the proposals for Low-Godly regeneration being that the souls of the WWII victims created him? If so, I find that a vague reason. Simply being created by something doesn't really grant regeneration; Low Godly over time would be if there's evidence Godzilla can regenerate himself even if every atom, molecule, or particle smaller than that is completely destroyed. The power would also have to come from him directly and not some random souls creating him; other wise it's more so a feat for the souls.

So is the proposals for Low-Godly regeneration being that the souls of the WWII victims created him? If so, I find that a vague reason. Simply being created by something doesn't really grant regeneration; Low Godly over time would be if there's evidence Godzilla can regenerate himself even if every atom, molecule, or particle smaller than that is completely destroyed. The power would also have to come from him directly and not some random souls creating him; other wise it's more so a feat for the souls.
So how do you call being created by souls?

This means how true form are souls, and I'm pretty sure if G is completely destroyed they can make his physical body again as they did before.

Last edited:
This MonsterVerse calc needs looking at again, they assume even with a 20km radius the clouds retain the full mass of the storm, which would make the cleared clouds unrealistically dense.

I corrected the calc in the comments, the result only ended up 6-C unfortunately.

It'd be making a hole in it even with the original calc, If it pushed the whole storm it'd be pushing far beyond the horizon.

For some reason commenting got turned off for the Blog... So i'll leave my comment here.
This could be better than my calculation but it would actually be a bit higher as according to this blog, Ghidorah’s storm is roughly 20km thick. Gives me about 10 gigatons

Both the Storm Calculations and the Cloud Calculations pages seem to imply these would be no taller than the maximum of 11800m.
From the Storm Calculations page:
  • "The thickness of the clouds: The clouds of the storms are assumed to be cumulonimbus clouds and hence about 8000m to 11800m tall"
The Cloud Calculations page also states that Cumulonimbus Clouds are no higher than 11800 on average. I'm not sure where the 20.7264km value comes from on that blog.

Sorry I turned the comments off by mistake
This MonsterVerse calc needs looking at again, they assume even with a 20km radius the clouds retain the full mass of the storm, which would make the cleared clouds unrealistically dense.

I corrected the calc in the comments, the result only ended up 6-C unfortunately.
I get what you're saying but if that was the case, we'd still see the storm in the distance and we don't.

If Godzilla only moved 20 km of clouds.... you'd still see the storm

We see the Sun rise over the horizon

If only 20 km of clouds was moved, this should frankly be impossible

That's not what i'm correcting, that's just a wiki standard unfortunately. That cant be changed.

What I was correcting is that the calculation used the full mass of the entire storm, which is wrong, we cant assume the entire thousand or so kilometre hurricane is being dispersed when we only see Godzilla clear from his perspective. Even if we used the full horizon, those clouds would be much denser than the densest materials we have on Earth with the mass being used, which is very wrong for obvious reasons.

Where? Where does the standard say that the illogical low end is used even when it blatantly contradicts what's depicted?

Clearly it's not wrong. The fact that not only is the Sun shown but the entire sky is clear shows that it's more than just a 20 km bubble that got kinda pushed away. If that was the case, the sky would still be dark and the light from the Sun wouldn't have penetrated it as we clearly saw before with Ghidorah's storm blocking out all the light from Mexico despite being daytime.

The cloud mass being too high would need to be proved as the calculation done for it used storm clouds (cumulonimbus) as the basis. The general cloud density of 1.003 g/m^3 for cloud density was used.

Where? Where does the standard say that the illogical low end is used even when it blatantly contradicts what's depicted?

Clearly it's not wrong. The fact that not only is the Sun shown but the entire sky is clear shows that it's more than just a 20 km bubble that got kinda pushed away. If that was the case, the sky would still be dark and the light from the Sun wouldn't have penetrated it as we clearly saw before with Ghidorah's storm blocking out all the light from Mexico despite being daytime.

The cloud mass being too high would need to be proved as the calculation done for it used storm clouds (cumulonimbus) as the basis. The general cloud density of 1.003 g/m^3 for cloud density was used.
Here... and this accepted calc, and this one... And on the calc in question by staff...

Again, that's not what I'm correcting tho...

I don't think you've read the correction I've posted. The cloud mass used in the original calculation was the mass of the entire storm, or 3.246779164689919e+19kg
In my correction I did calculate the mass based on the density on the Calculation pages, and the volume of the moved clouds, which is what I'm trying to say...

I quote from your first link "Higher or lower values can be used if there is a reason for it." There's a pretty valid reason here. A multi-thousand kilometer wide hurricane getting a 20 km chunk moved a little bit wouldn't be pierced by mere Sun light. Clearly there's more moved than just that bubble of cloud. The storm being dispersed makes more sense. Again these calcs show further distance in the first one, and in the second it's not only going back to the baseline but also the one in question only states 20 kilometers is the distance the storm was moved, which is fair if that's the baseline. However only that chunk of clouds getting moved is again blatantly wrong.

Your corrections are pretty blatantly incorrect though, sorry, the bubble of clouds in the horizon wouldn't be moved enough to let the Sun through.

Yeah and I gave you reasons why that's incorrect.

And on a second note, the arguments provided for 20 km in the first place just use that as the viewing of the horizon on a general basis. It could very likely be higher from the perspective of hundred meter tall monsters, not to mention even when the camera was pulling back and we saw more and more of the scene, we not only see the Sun, but there's still no darkness of clouds just hanging around. That further supports that just a tiny bubble of clouds didn't get moved.

On that note though, I guess I could also do a vaporization calc instead if the 'KE no longer valid' thing is true.

That quote blatantly refers to visibility, same stuff that makes mountains seem to fade away in the distance. Air blocks some of our vision because it's not perfectly transparent. If you read that page, it states this...
While we're quoting that first link:
On clear days (no rain, fog or snow) the visibility is about 20km. On very clear days it can be around 50km and on exceptionally clear days even 280km. On slightly hazy days it can also just be 10km.
Correct me if I'm wrong but even after the storm is cleared does it seem like a clear day?

No, the bubble of clouds being dispersed was a side note of the intent, the pulse wasn't used to disperse the entire storm, it killed Ghidorah, and also dispersed some clouds as a product of the blast. Ghidorah dying would cause the storm to give way and eventually disperse.

You kinda didn't...
You're also contradicting yourself at this point, if you only want the horizon to be used, why are you still advocating for the entire storms mass to be used? Because that's what you're saying in that statement, you're saying we shouldn't use a new calculated volume for moved clouds, we should use the full storm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back