• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Continuing from the last thread.

Point 1-Godzilla survived:
So we ALL know about the planet bust. This battle took place in Hell which is stated by the ARTIST himself. The person who drew this said the planet they destroyed is in Hell.
Matt Frank, who worked on GiH, also confirmed Godzilla couldn't be killed due to legal issues. So how did they legally have him die?
Then how did Godzilla get to Hell? King Ghidorah. The comic itself disputes the notion.
Why the scaling doesn't make sense:
Godzilla tanked and walked through SpaceGodzilla's Corona Beam which when used against his atomic breath caused the explosion.
Said atomic breath floored him.
Evidence he's not a glass canon: His battle with Destoroyah and King Ghidorah later imply he's durable enough to take hits from beings who survive his atomic breath. Multiple times at that.
So there's an in-verse explanation, external material confirms it and it doesn't add up that he died in the series itself.

Point 2-Better Tier 2 arguments.
The scans used in the prior OP are fake.
A lot of the story was left vague on purpose and this has been stated so some Q&As don't line up with others.
God:
Explaining what God is and the intro scene
God is confirmed by Erick Frietas multiple times to have created the verse which contains at least a universe, several timelines of stories (some of which are unseen), multiple alternate dimensions, all the Godzilla stories and possibly an infinite amount of universes. (3-A/Low 2-C to 2-A)
Heaven views the verse as finite and has infinite power in comparison.(High 3-A to 2-A)
Hell, Heaven and our universe are separated as different universes (Possibly scales Hell to Heaven)

Point 3: Where Godzilla scales
It's been stated by Erick that Spacegodzilla consumed 600 supernovae though never kept that power all at once and if he were to explode, the solar system would be destroyed. Godzilla's stated to be able to prevent that so he should scale to at least this. That'd probably make him High 4-C to 4-B. Assuming he can destroy it from Earth would make him comparable to Cell's calc.
Godzilla withstood being flung back by the God-Mountain being. God Mountain has been stated able to create a universe at the very least if not several. God Mountain is an embodiment of God so this lesser tier of power isn't a contradiction.
Amped Godzilla has consistent statements of being able to destroy an entire universe.
It's stated Godzilla has the potential to do things God can do. (the leading question is not my proposal, but can be added as Possibly for his abilities). Godzilla was also important to the battle between Heaven and Hell even pre amped. It's arguable Godzilla killed God Mountain via this symbolism.
There were initially statements that Godzilla killed and replaced God but due to backlash these have been taken back to God being immortal or Godzilla became as durable as God will allow.

Proposals:
1. Stop the stupid claim that the planet bust killed Godzilla.
2. God and God Mountain have consistent statements for Low 2-C, 2-C to 2-A statements and an upgrade is on the table. They are FAR too consistent to just be outliers. These Word of God replies should be reliable since they are direct question-answer threads with the staff and the vague nature of the story require things to be asked.
3. Godzilla could be upgraded from At least 5-A to likely High 4-C/4-B in base and another key could be added for his god amp which he's confirmed to still have a new tier of At least 5-A, likely 4-C/4-B Possibly Low 2-C or higher.

1. Stop the stupid claim that the planet bust killed Godzilla.
Iirc, this was discussed a few times and yes, he DID NOT die, but he also didn't tank the explosion point blank because he was teleported elsewhere. But considering how vague the comic is, I can understand your interpretation of it.

God and God Mountain have consistent statements for Low 2-C, 2-C to 2-A
The problem, however, is there are no in-canon explanation to his power. And since there was no continuation of this series, its hard to say if this can be verified, especially the part about him being the creator of the entire IDW Godzilla multiverse. There is no in-canon explanation for it. Who knows, the next writer might make a different entity the creator? And that would make everything these writers say invalid.

And 2-A is a HUGE stretch, because we don't know if the multiverse is infinite. Heck, it could only be a hundred universes, or 20.

3. Godzilla could be upgraded from At least 5-A to likely High 4-C/4-B in base and another key could be added for his god amp which he's confirmed to still have a new tier of At least 5-A, likely 4-C/4-B Possibly Low 2-C or higher.
Sure, Godzilla got an upgrade, but the statistics seems like guesswork than backed up by what's in the comic itself.

So yeah, I disagree.

Iirc, this was discussed a few times and yes, he DID NOT die, but he also didn't tank the explosion point blank because he was teleported elsewhere. But considering how vague the comic is, I can understand your interpretation of it.

The problem, however, is there are no in-canon explanation to his power. And since there was no continuation of this series, its hard to say if this can be verified, especially the part about him being the creator of the entire IDW Godzilla multiverse. There is no in-canon explanation for it. Who knows, the next writer might make a different entity the creator? And that would make everything these writers say invalid.

And 2-A is a HUGE stretch, because we don't know if the multiverse is infinite. Heck, it could only be a hundred universes, or 20.

Sure, Godzilla got an upgrade, but the statistics seems like guesswork than backed up by what's in the comic itself.

So yeah, I disagree.
I'm not arguing he tanked the planet bust, I'm arguing it didn't kill him. Today there was a proposal to remove it and say he did die but that's just not true. He should still have durability comparable to his attack potency which is over half what the planet bust was.

Maybe but we haven't gotten anything contradicting it in the 6 years since GiH was published.

2-A is because of the infinite multiverse Erick has stated. However since infinite can mean multiple things.....I'm not going to stand it.

Should at least count the amp as its own tier and far stronger than his base form.

My main goal was to give BETTER arguments than the last OP which used fake scans and then tried taking off the stuff that Godzilla didn't die.
First and foremost I want to shut down any notion the planet bust killed him.

I mean 5-A is the bare minimum but that’s for base and what about the solar system level stuff?

and as for Amped it should at least be around Low 2-C to 2-C cuz of statements in IDW, IDW’s many stories, and WoG.

Not to mention timeline stuff and the stuff about Heaven being infinitely superior like sure infinite can be thrown around a lot though I don’t see why we would assume it doesn’t mean what the base definition means which is known by most.

Now I can see how the IDW Multiverse scaling could be contentious so that’s up for more debatable if you want but even without it, it seems most of the tiers presented are valid given the evidence.

I won't grant stand the tier 2 stuff too much if it gets rejected. Until contradicted though, God's just got a lot of at least Low 2-C stuff. We don't know HOW he did it, but he did. Godzilla scaling to that is contentious, sure, but I think his amped form should get a tier and that higher scaling should be put into consideration.

I don't think existence in a spaceless place qualifies for resistance to void manip anymore.

Tier 5 stuff? Agree, it doesn't make sense that he's a glass canon.

The rest is just unusable. Q&As mentioned in the rules are pretty much legitimate questions provided in a semi-official manner where the author answers them seriously and not in a random dm with a random ass fan.
It has been stated hundreds of times on the wiki that we do not accept answers given to a very leading questions. I mean one of the questions is literally "did god create an infinite multiverse?" and the author answers "yeah he made everything" bruh he didn't even confirm it properly.

Next is godzilla getting flung by god making him scale... That's just dumb. If Godzilla carefully yeets a human does that mean that the human scales to him? No.

About the symbolism... Idk. I don't even wanna get into this whole thing as it offends me.

Anyways overall: Godzilla ain't a glass canon and should be 5-A, the rest is usable only in comicvine or some shiz

The rest is just unusable. Q&As mentioned in the rules are pretty much legitimate questions provided in a semi-official manner where the author answers them seriously and not in a random dm with a random ass fan.
It has been stated hundreds of times on the wiki that we do not accept answers given to a very leading questions.
This is pretty dumb as a policy but whatever.

This is pretty dumb as a policy but whatever.
Author's (I'd say more often than not) are primarily looking to please their audience. Asking an author these kinds of questions is deliberately leading them to confirm a fan's assumptions or preferred interpretation. In the past, the God mountain was equated to Yog-Sothoth from Cthulhu Mythos after a fan asked about it. Luckily the writer said it was up to interpretation, but that is another instance of asking a leading question (and I believe was an attempt at Outerversal Godzilla, but I can't confirm that.)

This obviously doesn't extend to all media, and is usually specified towards open-ended issues (see Mundus and if he created a pocket dimension or a universe...or really any questions tweeted at Kamiya.)

It has been stated hundreds of times on the wiki that we do not accept answers given to a very leading questions. I mean one of the questions is literally "did god create an infinite multiverse?" and the author answers "yeah he made everything" bruh he didn't even confirm it properly.
Wait that's our standard on WOG?

I agree that it probably won't change up scaling much, but I think it shows that, as the battle with SG was on earth, King Ghidorah was not responsible for putting Godzilla in hell. The specifics may not be fully clear, specifically whether Godzilla "died" to get there or the destruction caused him to be moved there by some outside power, but it does really help to create a good, logical start point and endpoint of the story while addressing some of the terms brought up here.

That all said, I've been in agreement that God Mountain should be tier 2, maybe 3, since before this thread started. I think the evidence is pretty good and agree with it. Finally, I think the God/Gate Demon should either be upgraded to at least Tier 3C due to requiring a universe-busting Godzilla to greatly increase the scope of his attack to defeat it. Or it could be changed to "unknown" tier, given we lack information such as the demon's reaction to Godzilla regular atomic breath, how much more powerful the bat-zilla's attack is than Godzilla's standard attack, and how much the demon withstood said attack before vaporizing.

Tfw I miss 2A Demonbane, bye bye thread with Godzilla

Anyway, I always thought GiH should be around tier 2 or something, so this is fine.

Also, maybe one and another extra ability can be argued, but I'll wait for that hahah.

Back