• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just provided an alternative figure. The 60% mass thing only applies if it was going at standard reentry speed. If the object was 99% lightspeed it would only need to be a handful of miles large to blow up the Earth as an example.

The energy at the end is all we need to know, it's only baseline planet busting. It can't be higher. The reason it is on the blog is thst the calc maker inflated the speed without reducing mass to account for it.
What would be the value if we use 60% and standard reentry speed?

The KE of a mass this large at re-entry speed is 7.77x baseline 5-A. Using an asteroid's speed would be even higher.

The notion that this is equal to Earth's GBE is erroneous. The meteor was going to completely destroy the planet, which would inherently be FAR beyond just moving its mass apart beyond its GBE pull.
Especially given the fact that it's very likely a large object collided with our planet in the past and it survived. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theia_(planet)
Many parts of our world are explained by the collision between ancient Earth and the planet 'Theia' with these two bodies forming the Earth and moon (a small planet in its own right) we know today. Theia is estimated to have a mass similar to Mars which is 10.7% that of Earth. That's a KE of 1.5655598E+31 J that Earth for all intents and purposes shrugged off using a lowball of re-entry speed. 25 km/s gets 1.9968875E+32 J, just shy of the GBE. So Earth can take quite the cosmic punch.
A lesser mass than this would be blatantly wrong and not destroy the Earth.

Now for recalculations of this strike with all three reasonable speeds:
7km/s (re-entry) KE = 8.77884E+31 J
11 km/s 2.167836E+32 J
25 km/s KE = 1.11975E+33 J

As we can see, the only ones that would be above an energy threshold Earth likely survived when it was smaller and has less mass would the speeds of an asteroid. And the 25,000 m/s version is the only one above Earth's GBE which would actually destroy it. So it is the one that is most reasonable. Equal or lesser force doesn't cut it.

I would go off about the High 6-A stuff being wrong in every sense of the word but that's been done now dozens of times. It's the same song and dance. The meteor would destroy Earth, not life wipe it, every single version of this omen says this verbatim. Global flooding/full control of Earth's weather didn't destroy this Earth according to the movie so global scale events are not enough to destroy the Godzillaverse Earth. That rules out a Chixuclub impactor or anything of the sort. The only reason that end was even done was because of the erroneous assumption that Burning Godzilla's meltdown is baseline 5-B, as pointed out in the calc itself.

It should be

Even if you wanna decrease the speed, in proportion it'd still be 15 km/s (60% of the speed) which gets 4.0311E+32 J, which is above baseline. If you want that as a lowball I guess.

The notion that this is equal to Earth's GBE is erroneous
It's all It's allowed to be. We don't know the specs of the meteor only that the final result would overcome the Earth's GBE. Anymore than that is just not substantiated.

So it is the one that is most reasonable. E
The most that can be given the meteor is that it was going fast enough with enough mass to overcome the Earth's GBE.

It'd locked at 59 Zettatons without a hard figure given somewhere.

It's all It's allowed to be. We don't know the specs of the meteor only that the final result would overcome the Earth's GBE. Anymore than that is just not substantiated.

The most that can be given the meteor is that it was going fast enough with enough mass to overcome the Earth's GBE.

It'd locked at 59 Zettatons without a hard figure given somewhere.
I calculated the KE of the meteorite using 60% mass of the Earth and 25 km/s and the result was 1.11975 × 10e33 Joules

I mean as a meteorite it should have the average speed of other meteorites...

mean as a meteorite it should have the average speed of other meteorites
I agree, which is why I uses the same speed in my above calc.
  • KE = Earth' GBE
  • KE = 2.49 * 10^32
  • 2.49 * 10^32= 0.5 * M * V^2
  • 2.49 * 10^32= 0.5 * M * 25,000^2
  • 2.49 * 10^32= 0.5 * M * 625,000,000
  • 2.49 * 10^32= M * 312,500,000
Divide both numbers
  • 2.49 * 10^32 / 321,500,000 = M * 312,500,000 / 312,500,000
  • 774,494,556,765,163,297,045,101 kg = M
The meteor would weigh 774,494,556,765,163,297,045 Metric Tons (Class Z)
The feat is just baseline. That's it.

We are using the weight that is on the calc for a meteorite with 60% Earth's mass.
Yes and no. The mass from the calc comes from a science blog post. Do you know how the blog post gets the mass? By assuming the minimum weight needed for an object traveling 11,000 m/s to destroy the Earth. The reason Jason's calc is higher is because he uses a higher cosmic velocity.

The meteor, not matter what, is baseline 5-B. You cannot rate it higher without actually knowing how fast it was moving or what it's mass is.

Yes and no. The mass from the calc comes from a science blog post. Do you know how the blog post gets the mass? By assuming the minimum weight needed for an object traveling 11,000 m/s to destroy the Earth. The reason Jason's calc is higher is because he uses a higher cosmic velocity.

The meteor, not matter what, is baseline 5-B. You cannot rate it higher without actually knowing how fast it was moving or what it's mass is.
Is so easy... if 100% is the mass of the Earth which is 5.972x10^24 kg, the 60% of its mass is 3.5832e+24 kg..

For the speed we just use average meteorite speed 25 km/s

Is so easy... if 100% is the mass of the Earth which is 5.972x10^24 kg, the 60% of its mass is 3.5832e+24 kg..
No, the 60% mass is needed because that's what was needed to destroy the Earth at the proposed speed. Greater speed requires less mass as my calc has shown.

The feat is just baseline 5-B.

No, the 60% mass is needed because that's what was needed to destroy the Earth at the proposed speed. Greater speed requires less mass as my calc has shown.

The feat is just baseline 5-B.
While I don't agree with not using the average speed of a meteorite in this case, we should move on as this thread got extended to much for my pleasure and I'm busy with real life stuff..

2.49 * 10^32 = 249000000000000000000000000000000 Joules or 59.51242829827982

Multiplied by Mechagodzilla's Plasma Grenade 59.51242829827982 x 10000 = 595124.282983 Zettatons or 595.124282983 Yottatons

Multiplied by Fire Rodan 595.124282983 x 2 = 1190.24856597 Yottatons

Multiplied by MOGUERA 1190.24856597 x 6 = 7141.49139579 Yottatons

If people agrees here with it I would make the updates.

Also to Qawsedf234, you should add your meteorite calculation to as a new section in Jasonsith's calc, soo people will use that version.

Thoughts on my proposal
Yeah its fine.

The you wouldn't really need a blog for my post outside of wanting a lifting strength change though. Since it's just multiplication. I would recommend making q scaling list like with Fairy Tail or One Piece, so everyone knows where it sits.

Yeah its fine.

The you wouldn't really need a blog for my post outside of wanting a lifting strength change though. Since it's just multiplication. I would recommend making q scaling list like with Fairy Tail or One Piece, so everyone knows where it sits.
Maybe people would want to know from where the new lifting strength cames from.. I think is harmful you to add your calc to jasonsith's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back