• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla Black Hole Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the comic? You're telling me it doesnt connect to the movie?

Regardless, the point here is. The movie theories can also be intrepeted as both truth and false, since these scientific precalculations are kinda-accurate. I personally can somehow accept it, but since we are in such situation (acceptance of right and left), but it's far better to simply propose a profile which does not scale to either composite or movie.

A happy end, for everybody...right?

The game not being canon isn't the point, because non-canon material goes into composite profiles anyway.

Contradiction:

a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

The game is not opposing the movie, it is going with a theory stated ON the movie. This is not a contradiction.

CONTRADICTING ORIGINS. Get it through your head. This is why its not being included. Stop asking why because im not explaining it to you again.

Me and the others have explained countless times why contradicting origins doesn't really work.

No it wouldnt

Why?

Kepekley23 said:
The game isnt canon to the MOVIE, its not at all connected. In the movie they dont know where SG came from so they came up with an unconfirmed theory. In the game they just say that theory i true when in th e movie it was never stated to be true. THAT is where the contradiction comes in. It is a contradiction to say that one thing is true when it is never stated or shown to be true. The game takes the origin from the movie, builds off of it, and CHANGES it, thus making it contradictory.

WeeklyBattles said:
Kaiser Kōnt said:
You have never explained how it doesn't apply to composite - I'm still wondering about that. You include game manuals, like in Godzilla: Unleashed
CONTRADICTING ORIGINS. Get it through your head. This is why its not being included. Stop asking why because im not explaining it to you again.

Could you please stop with these mental gymnastics?

In-universe characters state the origin is a theory. Out-of-universe character bio states that the origin story is correct. Zero contradiction. The game is non-canon to movie. Biography is, since it specifically addresses the movie and comes from people who run the franchise.

Why would that affect a game being included in composite, anyways? Also, it is just stated as a fact rather than a theory in the game; it isn't different.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Why would that affect a game being included in composite, anyways? Also, it is just stated as a fact rather than a theory in the game; it isn't different.
Contradicting origins

TFW you kudos yourself.

Did I? If so, I'm sorry. I don't remember doing so

Contradicting origins

How would that effect a game being included in composite, again?

True, in itself. Unless this theory is proven, in-directly, ( for example like showing universal physical constants in the movie that complete the proof of BH's themselves) then it's not going to scale to the game.

Conclusion : GAME profile does not scale Movies or composite, and because since it's simply a rewording of the movie, it's a acceptable outcome and not referred to as a "right or left" theory(it's a matter of fact).

What is the composite anyhow?

In the movie they dont know where SG came from so they came up with an unconfirmed theory.

Yes. Said theory is not necessarily true or false.

In the game they just say that theory i true when in th e movie it was never stated to be true.

The theory was not stated to be true, but it was also never stated to be false. You can say it is false or true without contradicting the movie.

For example, if I said the theory was false, I wouldn't be contradicting anything because it is never stated to be 100% true. If I said it was true, I wouldn't be contradicting anything because it is never stated to be false.

A contradiction is an idea that openly opposes another idea. You're looking for another term.

The game takes the origin from the movie, builds off of it, and CHANGES it, thus making it contradictory.

It doesn't change the origin. In the movie, the theory being true or false was left to interpretation. In the game, they decided to make it true. So it just expands on what the movie, but doesn't go against it.

No it wouldnt because the origins of Spacegodzilla contradict each other.

That doesn't change the game version still being included in composite

@Kep How they hold it doesnt matter if there is nothing to confirm it.

Yes you can because there is nothing to prove it is true

It does change the origin, it takes it from "This could have happened but we're not sure" to "This is exactly what happened". It goes against the movie completely.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
No it wouldnt because the origins of Spacegodzilla contradict each other.
That doesn't change the game version still being included in composite
Yes it does, its not being included.

Skeleturtle said:
The issue is WeeklyBattles' mental gymastics regarding the two identical origin stories that he claims are contradictory to each other.
So im guessing youre going to ignore the warning to stop with the condescending, rude, and aggressive behavior?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kep How they hold it doesnt matter if there is nothing to confirm it.

It does change the origin, it takes it from "This could have happened but we're not sure" to "This is exactly what happened". It goes against the movie completely.
Wow, you are that much struggling to connect the dots? Let me enlighten you.

In-universe characters state the origin is a theory. Out-of-universe character bio states that the origin story is correct. Zero contradiction. The game is non-canon to movie. Biography is, since it specifically addresses the movie and comes from people who run the franchise.

@Kep How they hold it doesnt matter if here is nothing to confirm it.

So, the theory can be true or false depending on your interpretation.

You can't say it is false, and you can't say it is true directly. However, if the game chooses to make it true, that's fine. It is going with one of the possible interpretations of the statement, so it is expanding on it and not contradicting it.

The origin in the movie

"Our theory is [this happened]. We personally think it's true, but it's up to interpretation."

The origin in the game

"The movie said this could have happened, so I guess we're going with the interpretation it was true".

Again, it's not a contradiction. It's an expansion. The meaning of contradiction is an idea that openly OPPOSES another given idea. This doesn't happen here.

What's your issue here? Arent you happy, the game have nothing to do with the movie.

Often, this is very true. Other verses show the opposite though...

Anyways, i think we're done here. Everything is just going in circles at ths point. Prospect pretty much summed everything up. Game Spacegodzilla would get a standalone profile with black hole resistance that would only apply to that version of Spacegodzilla and nothing else. This does not apply to the Composite profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back