• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goji tanked an axe hit and explosion to the face while it was supercharged with his breath, meanwhile MechaG got butchered by the axe with significantly less energy. That and the statements that he's physically stronger

He's not going down before he destroys the mecha with repeated usage of atomic breath, and considering he knows how it fights and how crucial his signature attack is, he'll definitely be using it a lot. MechaG's shell can't withstand repeated atomic breath, and its implied Godzilla would win the beam clash if he went in fresh

Voting Godzilla

Goji tanked an axe hit and explosion to the face while it was supercharged with his breath, meanwhile MechaG got butchered by the axe with significantly less energy. That and the statements that he's physically stronger
I never found any statements that said he's physically stronger, just that he wasn't at his best when he fought Mechagodzilla. Besides, he didn't really tank the explosion: he was knocked out momentarily, and it didn't directly hit his face, either. It's not as though the axe directly sliced his head and he withstood it. That would be a totally different story. The axe did some pretty major damage to Godzilla, too, and was capable of piercing Godzilla's leg.
He's not going down before he destroys the mecha with repeated usage of atomic breath, and considering he knows how it fights and how crucial his signature attack is, he'll definitely be using it a lot. MechaG's shell can't withstand repeated atomic breath, and its implied Godzilla would win the beam clash if he went in fresh
In-character, Godzilla doesn't use the atomic breath repeatedly. He'll use it in short bursts or if the opponent is far away, but he doesn't spam it. Besides, the statement doesn't imply that Godzilla would've won the beam clash. All it says is that he wouldn't have been overpowered. That could mean they'd just be in a stalemate for a little bit, and even assuming that Godzilla would win in the beam clash, it'd still take a while before he did. Mechagodzilla would have plenty of time to gain an advantage and knock Godzilla off-balance using his many missiles and energy projectors.

I never found any statements that said he's physically stronger
This

Besides, he didn't really tank the explosion: he was knocked out momentarily
Keyword: momentarily. He was temporarily stunned, not knocked unconscious

it didn't directly hit his face, either.
At 0.25 speed, you can see in the instant before Kong goes flying the axe collides with Godzilla's face. And given the axe is the epicenter of the explosion, its not like its going anywhere but into Godzilla's face. Also tanking the detonation of all that energy is impressive enough as is

The axe did some pretty major damage to Godzilla, too, and was capable of piercing Godzilla's leg.
Not as significant as the fatal damage done to MechaG with an axe nowhere near as charged

In-character, Godzilla doesn't use the atomic breath repeatedly
1. Literally the entire duration of his second fight with Kong
2. He knows how his last encounter with MechaG went, so he should know how crucial atomic breath is in this encounter

Shouldn't really matter much since Mechagodzilla can just boost his strength and speed with hollow earth energy
Keyword: momentarily. He was temporarily stunned, not knocked unconscious
At 0.25 speed, you can see in the instant before Kong goes flying the axe collides with Godzilla's face. And given the axe is the epicenter of the explosion, its not like its going anywhere but into Godzilla's face. Also tanking the detonation of all that energy is impressive enough as is
I've already looked at the video multiple times and never saw it making direct contact with his face. There's a big difference between an explosion and piercing damage.
Not as significant as the fatal damage done to MechaG with an axe nowhere near as charged
Godzilla still fired his energy at the axe for several seconds, and the energy difference shouldn't be that significant. You also forgot that Kong only pierced through Mechagodzilla's body when his control panel had been damaged and he'd been momentarily weakened.
1. Literally the entire duration of his second fight with Kong
2. He knows how his last encounter with MechaG went, so he should know how crucial atomic breath is in this encounter
The main reason Godzilla used the atomic breath so much in his second fight with Kong was because he'd started moving around a lot more and changed his tactics on his previous battle with Kong. And this battle is assuming that Godzilla had fought at full strength when he first confronted Mechagodzilla in Hong Kong, so he doesn't have any prior knowledge of their fight.

Godzilla still fired his energy at the axe for several seconds, and the energy difference shouldn't be that significant. You also forgot that Kong only pierced through Mechagodzilla's body when his control panel had been damaged and he'd been momentarily weakened.
Nothing implies he was weakened by damage to his control panel, only stunned. Why would his durability drop when his body wasn't damaged in any way prior?

And what the hell do you mean the energy difference isn't that significant? The axe was charged with at least two prolonged blasts of atomic breath while it was still potent enough to look like a laser, meanwhile during the final fight it only took an atomic breath from a Godzilla who was so weakened it looked like a flame. There is a significant gap in strength here
Shouldn't really matter much since Mechagodzilla can just boost his strength and speed with hollow earth energy
Godzilla would still scale above MechaG considering the feats and statements
I've looked at the video multiple times and never saw it making direct contact with his face. There's a big difference between an explosion and piercing damage.
In the instant before Kong goes flying there's no where else for the axe to go but forward right into Godzilla's face. And the second part is a nothing burger. Just another feat for Godzilla
The main reason Godzilla used the atomic breath so much in his second fight with Kong was because he'd started moving around a lot more and changed his tactics on his previous battle with Kong. And this battle is assuming that Godzilla had fought at full strength when he first confronted Mechagodzilla in Hong Kong, so he doesn't have any prior knowledge of their fight.
Godzilla's base key doesn't (and shouldn't treat) his weakened state in GvK as a later showing so a fresh GvK Godzilla should be treated as the latest. You can't take away his knowledge. And regardless, why wouldn't he use atomic breath repeatedly? The only reason he didn't during their fight is because he was running on literal fumes, and it wouldn't be very reliable, as shown by how weak it was despite the charge time. And given Mechagodzilla is the thing he was frantically searching for the entire movie to eliminate, he'll probably be doing it

Also, you still haven't counted my vote

Nothing implies he was weakened by damage to his control panel, only stunned. Why would his durability drop when his body wasn't damaged in any way prior?
Cuz it was affecting his connection with the system and ability to properly defend himself from the axe. If he hadn't been stunned, he would've been able to properly defend himself from the axe.
And what the hell do you mean the energy difference isn't that significant? The axe was charged with at least two prolonged blasts of atomic breath while it was still potent enough to look like a laser, meanwhile during the final fight it only took an atomic breath from a Godzilla who was so weakened it looked like a flame. There is a significant gap in strength here
The difference in atomic breath you're describing doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter whether it looks like a laser or fire breath. That doesn't differentiate his power. Godzilla's atomic breath was shown to look like flames when he used it against the MUTOs and had plenty of energy. There is not enough of a gap in strength to make a difference or suggest that the axe was significantly less charged.
Godzilla would still scale above MechaG considering the feats and statements
But he's not gonna be able to properly defend against Mechagodzilla's enhanced attacks, his enhanced mobility, and ability to draw an unlimited supply of hollow earth energy, all while using his advanced algorithms to adapt.
In the instant before Kong goes flying there's no where else for the axe to go but forward right into Godzilla's face. And the second part is a nothing burger. Just another feat for Godzilla
No way Godzilla could've endured the axe directly hitting his face and slicing through his skull. Again, piercing damage is extremely relevant in this case, and Godzilla was still momentarily knocked unconscious. The axe was just a specific weakness for Mechagodzilla due to his mechanic nature and more exposed joints.
Godzilla's base key doesn't (and shouldn't treat) his weakened state in GvK as a later showing so a fresh GvK Godzilla should be treated as the latest. You can't take away his knowledge. And regardless, why wouldn't he use atomic breath repeatedly? The only reason he didn't during their fight is because he was running on literal fumes, and it wouldn't be very reliable, as shown by how weak it was despite the charge time. And given Mechagodzilla is the thing he was frantically searching for the entire movie to eliminate, he'll probably be doing it

Also, you still haven't counted my vote
The atomic breath wasn't shown to be excessively weaker. He could still hold his own against the Proton Beam. Besides, Mechagodzilla could still use his enhanced maneuverability to dodge the Atomic Breathes. And you could make the argument that Mechagodzilla learned just as much, if not more, than Godzilla from his fight with him and choose to engage specifically in close-quarters combat, in which he'll overwhelm Godzilla with his learning algorithms, enhanced punches, blades on his body, and tail.

Cuz it was affecting his connection with the system and ability to properly defend himself from the axe. If he hadn't been stunned, he would've been able to properly defend himself from the axe.
And in what world does that mean his durability dropped?
The difference in atomic breath you're describing doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter whether it looks like a laser or fire breath. That doesn't differentiate his power. Godzilla's atomic breath was shown to look like flames when he used it against the MUTOs and had plenty of energy. There is not enough of a gap in strength to make a difference or suggest that the axe was significantly less charged.
I don't think that should be used an example when the novel suggests that the MUTOs' EMP interferes with Godzilla's atomic breath

Yes his atomic breath was weaker, as indicated by the visuals, and considering its suggested by Adam Wingard that he would not get so utterly overpowered in the clash if he were fresh
No way Godzilla could've endured the axe directly hitting his face and slicing through his skull. Again, piercing damage is extremely relevant in this case, and Godzilla was still momentarily knocked unconscious. The axe was just a specific weakness for Mechagodzilla due to his mechanic nature and more exposed joints.
Because it didn't pierce? Once again, that's just another durability feat for him

Anyways, I still think MechaG is gonna have a hard time dealing with atomic breath spam, something Godzilla didn't have the luxury to dish out during their movie fight, meanwhile he knows what to expect from his mechanized counterpart

KotM Godzilla is currently accepted to be on a far higher scale than Mechagodzilla. This doesn't work anymore.

KotM Godzilla is currently accepted to be on a far higher scale than Mechagodzilla. This doesn't work anymore.
This is GvK Godzilla who is weaker than KotM Godzilla due to being starved of constant radiation from a proper resting place for 5 years, though is still much stronger than Mechagodzilla

I don't think people should be taking the "half strength" comment literally because it was about stamina not pure striking strength but either way there's a strength gap here

OP doesn't mention being limited to its GvK state, while the profile lacks the key separations between the films (which I think it's necessary).

I don't think people should be taking the "half strength" comment literally because it was about stamina not pure striking strength but either way there's a strength gap here
Being half-energized ends up with half-strength (tho the GvK context clearly means that they're just half-strength against Mechagodzilla).

OP doesn't mention being limited to its GvK state, while the profile lacks the key separations between the films (which I think it's necessary).
"Unlike their first match, he is at full strength" OP is implying GvK Godzilla

Being half-energized ends up with half-strength
Unless that goes hand in hand with statements of being 50% as strong that's at best a comment about stamina

KotM is literally Godzilla at his peak, and again, his current Base key doesn't separates film to film (which is wrong)
Unless that goes hand in hand with statements of being 50% as strong that's at best a comment about stamina
Take other statements, I'll assure you that it would be far under 50%, KEKW.

He could have mean it, but it wasn't really given in the OP. And Godzilla's case isn't really the best because he varies in power between 2014 to 2024.

MechaG only upscales from GvK's 50% of power state while full on GvK Godzilla is obviously stronger than that. Mechagodzilla wouldn't be able to overpower him in beam clashes anymore and physically they'd be at least equal. I think Godzilla with his full power atomic breath can take out Mechagodzilla so i give this to big G high-diff

MechaG only upscales from GvK's 50% of power state while full on GvK Godzilla is obviously stronger than that. Mechagodzilla wouldn't be able to overpower him in beam clashes anymore and physically they'd be at least equal. I think Godzilla with his full power atomic breath can take out Mechagodzilla so i give this to big G high-diff
To put into perspective, Godzilla has significantly higher durability and endurance even compared to his own AP

Mechagodzilla can't bring him down before he gets fucucked by atomic breath

Godzilla has significantly higher durability and endurance even compared to his own AP

Mechagodzilla can't reliably bring him down before he gets fucucked by atomic breath
Yeah it is what it is. G is basically a tank and with his AB at full power it is a tank with a fully functioning canon.

Problem is Godzilla's power varies a lot between films/comics. Is not just like:

G 2014 <<< G KotM <<< Godzilla GvK

It actually is:

Godzilla GvK <<< Godzilla 2014 <<<< Godzilla KotM <<<<<< Burning Godzilla
That's been acknowledged already. GvK Godzilla is being used here

And he already scales above MechaG, and has significantly higher durability, being able to take an attack equal to his atomic breath and quickly get up unharmed. And he survived a much stronger axe, with a significantly less powerful one easily cleaving through MechaG

MechaG, on the other hand, can't take a single atomic breath without sustaining significant damage

That's been acknowledged already. GvK Godzilla is being used here

And he already scales above MechaG, and has significantly higher durability, being able to take an attack equal to his atomic breath and quickly get up unharmed. And he survived a much stronger axe, with a significantly less powerful one easily cleaving through MechaG

MechaG, on the other hand, can't take a single atomic breath without sustaining significant damage
In that case I vote Godzilla FRA

I think WoG once said that Mecha-G would've stomped a healthy Kong, but I can't find it.

That said, Serious Godzilla also stomped Kong, so that's irrelevant.

As for who wins...this is a tough one, but even though I'm a Mecha-G fan, I sadly have to give this to Godzilla.

He may only be slightly stronger, but that'll likely be enough since all of Mecha's weapons besides the proton scream and the tail drill won't even scratch the Big G, and the Big G is just as clever and resourceful.

He may not kill Mecha G with one Atomic Beam, but a few of them should do the trick after a long and hard fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back