• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

according to Mimir, Odin suspected that the Jötnar had used primordial-jötnar creative essence, which is the same essence that had fashioned the Nine Realms.

So i wonder if Odin has this ability ?? also is it possible that the nine realms has resistance to existence erasure then?

according to Mimir, Odin suspected that the Jötnar had used primordial-jötnar creative essence, which is the same essence that had fashioned the Nine Realms.

What is the source for this statement?

question : do you guys think freya has better LS than norse kratos ? since she can break the branch of Yggdrasil while kratos struggled to escaped from the branch of yggdrasill

mind giving a little bit more of an explanation to the ending and tyr? (you don't have to say the other things)
The ending felt hela rushed for an event as big as ragnarok and the emphasis on kratos not wanting Atreus to go to war, for the whole “war” to essentially only be a 30 minute battle just felt like an utter let down. The actual war itself should have been it’s own game. Not to mention the lack luster boss fights of Thor and Odin. We go from some MoS/DBZ lvl fights with Thor to just fighting outside some wooden tavern. Odin was an even bigger disappointment, his supposed to be the Zeus equivalent of power in the norse world yet his fight felt so generic. He shot out sone energy blasts,floated around a bit then made a shield. Then there’s tyr, I’m not opposed to the whole tyr being Odin in disguise thing but to essentially find the real tyr in a ******* side quest is just a waste. I was waiting to see the Norse god of war pull up on Odin or Thor and put in some work but we got nothing.

The ending felt hela rushed for an event as big as ragnarok and the emphasis on kratos not wanting Atreus to go to war, for the whole “war” to essentially only be a 30 minute battle just felt like an utter let down. The actual war itself should have been it’s own game. Not to mention the lack luster boss fights of Thor and Odin. We go from some MoS/DBZ lvl fights with Thor to just fighting outside some wooden tavern. Odin was an even bigger disappointment, his supposed to be the Zeus equivalent of power in the norse world yet his fight felt so generic. He shot out sone energy blasts,floated around a bit then made a shield. Then there’s tyr, I’m not opposed to the whole tyr being Odin in disguise thing but to essentially find the real tyr in a ******* side quest is just a waste. I was waiting to see the Norse god of war pull up on Odin or Thor and put in some work but we got nothing.
i mean giving a character a variety of powers in a fight is difficult expect. Since we humans can only visualize so many things before we have to turn into laser beams and stuff? What i mean is hey this character has a cool conceptual power problem is humans can't visualize/see concepts, so it has to take the form of a energy beam or something. (also the powers are dependent on the setting and type of game so that limits your choices of powers too)

You can visualize electricity, you can visualize fire, you can visualize earth manipulation, Sort of visualize telekinesis, etc etc. (but there's a point where you end up being generic because you can't give every single character a unique power as you'll run out forcing you to use generic ones) And also mind manipulation and other powers they can be visualized but not directly.

you can get what i'm saying.

i mean giving a character a variety of powers in a fight is difficult expect. Since we humans can only visualize so many things before we have to turn into laser beams and stuff? What i mean is hey this character has a cool conceptual power problem is humans can't visualize/see concepts, so it has to take the form of a energy beam or something. (also the powers are dependent on the setting and type of game so that limits your choices of powers too)

You can visualize electricity, you can visualize fire, you can visualize earth manipulation, Sort of visualize telekinesis, etc etc. (but there's a point where you end up being generic because you can't give every single character a unique power as you'll run out forcing you to use generic ones) And also mind manipulation and other powers they can be visualized but not directly.

you can get what i'm saying.
That’s somewhat true, while there are certain things that are hard or impossible to necessarily visualize it’s not impossible to put more trippy powers in the game. Like look at nidhogg fight. She was tearing holes in reailty and shoving her tail threw it to attack you from any angle or look at ares, homie straight up created a whole as dimension to **** with kratos mid fight.

The GoW franchise is diffently no stranger to visually insane hax or abilities. So Odin shouldn’t have been that hard to visualize a cool ability

That’s somewhat true, while there are certain things that are hard or impossible to necessarily visualize it’s not impossible to put more trippy powers in the game. Like look at nidhogg fight. She was tearing holes in reailty and shoving her tail threw it to attack you from any angle or look at ares, homie straight up created a whole as dimension to **** with kratos mid fight.

The GoW franchise is diffently no stranger to visually insane hax or abilities. So Odin shouldn’t have been that hard to visualize a cool ability
that's cool

question : do you guys think freya has better LS than norse kratos ? since she can break the branch of Yggdrasil while kratos struggled to escaped from the branch of yggdrasill
Kratos wasn't exactly in peak shape in 2018, so comparing him to peak Freya here isn't really possible.

one thing that i noticed in GoW Ragnarok, when freya said "norn does not have power, etc etc,". those dialog served as optional elements in the game. I guess dialog from important scene should take precedence than optional dialog imho

one thing that i noticed in GoW Ragnarok, when freya said "norn does not have power, etc etc,". those dialog served as optional elements in the game. I guess dialog from important scene should take precedence than optional dialog imho
No. I see no reason to do that here. At all. By that logic, any combo Kratos does is "optional" and not part of cutscenes. This delves into the whole "cutscenes only" mindset that most people of the downplaying kind have and we don't need that here.

Also, even going by that logic, there is no contradiction to any of these dialgoues here, like at all. They just don't have the Giant Lore stuff attached to them like in 2018, that's all. But it doesn't make the sled stories or the boat stories any less valid, they just provide further insight into the story itself.

No. I see no reason to do that here. At all. By that logic, any combo Kratos does is "optional" and not part of cutscenes. This delves into the whole "cutscenes only" mindset that most people of the downplaying kind have and we don't need that here.
Well i agree with that, but if such massive contradiction exist, it's one of the solution that i can think of.

TL;DR, Fate doesn't exist in Norse, but it exists in Greece. The Norns are not even close to earning the title of "powerhouse" because they are nothing like the Greek Sisters of Fate, nor do they have a shred of their powers to manipulate and forge fates.

We know mfs like hades and zeus hacx stomps but Where y'all think norse gods stop against greek gods equal stats

What? No. All dialogue is canon unless heavily contradicted. This is not, at all. Freya just had an assumption of the Norns' powers that was later proven to be false.

Back