• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

If primordials < olympians how did Thanatos holded his own against pre rage mode Kratos and easily killled Deimos who can damage Kratos?

They aren't inferior as a rule. As the profile says, Ouranos fought Cronos and Nyx constantly fights Helios.

However, they're inferior to the big 3/the stronger top tiers.
I mean, both lose to their younger counterparts so that's not the best example of the inferiority not being a rule. Helios' presence alone can even hold back Morpheus from merging his realm with the mortal world.

It's likely that it was due to this Kratos not quite being a full god yet and no longer having access to the sliver of Hope.

In both cases, they're very nearly equal. If Oranos is almost equal to Cronos, that means he's > Helios (who has Perses scaling).
We have no information on how Cronos and Uranus were proportionate to one another, just that they had a cosmic fight which Uranus lost. That, and him being superior to Helios wouldn't make much sense considering thst Helios is handily > Nyx and Morpheus (sorta have to be to beat one daily for millenia and keep another away via his light alone) and there weren't any egregious power differences amongst the Primordials.

I can't remember if Perses has any notable scaling or feats so I'm a bit confused on that. I know Cronos was < Atlas in power but that's about it.

It's not simply cosmic scale, it was compared to the Primordial War, and Cronos was given a weapon to win. So it's pretty apparent.

Nothing suggests he's handily overpowering Nyx given that night lasts 12 hours, and it's a constant struggle. The whole point of the multiplayer campaign that the profiles use is even that the balance can be tipped in one deity's favour somewhat easily.

Where's it stated there's no egregious power differences? Ouranos is straight up getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter in Ascension, and you see them lose limbs.

The profiles claim he's the strongest Titan besides Atlas and Gaia, so that's what I'm going by. Plus, he wasn't beaten in 20 seconds by Kratos.

Last edited:
It's not simply cosmic scale, it was compared to the Primordial War, and Cronos was given a weapon to win. So it's pretty apparent.
Fair point on them being closer I suppose.
Nothing suggests he's handily overpowering Nyx given that night lasts 12 hours, and it's a constant struggle. The whole point of the multiplayer campaign that the profiles use is even that the balance can be tipped in one deity's favour somewhat easily.
I was under the impression that the banishment refers to the moment of dawn. Then again, I've not played the multiplayer so I could be wrong here.
Where's it stated there's no egregious power differences? Ouranos is straight up getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter in Ascension, and you see them lose limbs.
An interview linked on the Greek blog. The fight went on for eons because no one had any overt advantage over the other.
The profiles claim he's the strongest Titan besides Atlas and Gaia, so that's what I'm going by. Plus, he wasn't beaten in 20 seconds by Kratos.
Perses wasn't beaten in 20 seconds? The guy who Kratos murked with the Blade of Olympus in a flight sequence? Or do you mean someone else?

I was under the impression that the banishment refers to the moment of dawn. Then again, I've not played the multiplayer so I could be wrong here.
That's not what I meant, but I did word myself poorly here. By constant struggle, I just meant that it never ends, which wouldn't be the case if he could just stomp her. As for the point about 12 hours, I'm saying that we have no idea how long takes for Helios to win.

IIRC, we're not actually told how long they really fight in the multiplayer, just that Helios banishes her in the clip Archeron provided (probably meaning your interpretation is correct). But I've only played it once.
An interview linked on the Greek blog. The fight went on for eons because no one had any overt advantage over the other.
You're right.
Perses wasn't beaten in 20 seconds? The guy who Kratos murked with the Blade of Olympus in a flight sequence? Or do you mean someone else?
Perses really was beaten in 20 seconds if you think about it, because the flight sequence is just Kratos dodging fireballs. My guy just kills him with a stab to the eye in a direct confrontation.

Nothing suggests he's handily overpowering Nyx given that night lasts 12 hours, and it's a constant struggle.
It's a "daily" struggle that Nyx constantly loses. The video itself just states, "On the edge of the Aegean, where the Great God, Helios, banishes Nyx from the nightsky." That's all there is to it. Nothing implies that Helios struggles too much here, nor does it imply Nyx can do much here.

The whole point of the multiplayer campaign that the profiles use is even that the balance can be tipped in one deity's favour somewhat easily.
That's for the Brother Kings and Ares. Helios and Nyx aren't even choosable sides.

Where's it stated there's no egregious power differences?
Ariel Lawrence herself states so, it's the interview that Planck linked. Bruno as well.

Ouranos is straight up getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter in Ascension, and you see them lose limbs.
Nah, Uranus was only temporarily dazed by the punch, the only one to lose limbs is Ourea, Ceto straight up dies and turns into oceans.

The profiles claim he's the strongest Titan besides Atlas and Gaia, so that's what I'm going by.
Cronos is the strongest overall (Strongest magically), but Atlas and Aegaeon are physically stronger.

Plus, he wasn't beaten in 20 seconds by Kratos.
He didn't exactly pose a threat to Kratos either, he was murked and could do nothing about it, only he took a bit longer than Perses.

Back to Thanatos, I still think that's more Kratos not fully manifesting his godhood and not having the sliver of Hope available.

Back to Thanatos, I still think that's more Kratos not fully manifesting his godhood and not having the sliver of Hope available.
Yeah, Kratos is literally not a full god here yet, Athena does that mind thing to make him so before Kratos forcefully shoves her hands aside.

It's a "daily" struggle that Nyx constantly loses. The video itself just states, "On the edge of the Aegean, where the Great God, Helios, banishes Nyx from the nightsky." That's all there is to it. Nothing implies that Helios struggles too much here, nor does it imply Nyx can do much here.
If he god stomped her, how would it be something that lasts daily? She'd be way too injured (judging by other gods, anyway) for something like that to work.
That's for the Brother Kings and Ares. Helios and Nyx aren't even choosable sides.
My mistake. I haven't played it in a while.
Cronos is the strongest overall (Strongest magically), but Atlas and Aegaeon are physically stronger.
My point would still stands, since Cronos would use magical abilities in a fight against Ouranos.
He didn't exactly pose a threat to Kratos either, he was murked and could do nothing about it.
Cronos was an entire boss battle with canonical qtes dedicated to overpowering his fingers and controlling his bindings, including impaling his chin so he couldn't resist death. How is Perses (who wasn't even restrained) in any way comparable?

If he god stomped her, how would it be something that lasts daily? She'd be way too injured (judging by other gods, anyway) for something like that to work.
Something something forced to co-operate with Olympus, much like Morpheus is forced to co-operate with Hermes or he gets his shit kicked in. The Primordials really don't have a say in the matter. Just ask Thanatos.

My point would still stands, since Cronos would use magical abilities in a fight against Ouranos.
And Ouranos would counter with his own but that didn't exactly last very well for him did it.

Cronos was an entire boss battle with qtes dedicated to overpowering his fingers. How is Perses in any way comparable?
You're right, he's not. My point was, Cronos still had no way in hell of beating Kratos, he's a depowered Titan now and even if he wasn't, he still wouldn't fare any better than when pre-Empowerment Hades almost murked him last time a thousand years back in the Titan War, given that Kratos basically has Hades' Soul + Atlas + millions of other souls and is basically the de facto God of the Underworld now.

Something something forced to co-operate with Olympus, much like Morpheus is forced to co-operate with Hermes or he gets his shit kicked in. The Primordials really don't have a say in the matter. Just ask Thanatos.
I guess that's fair.
And Ouranos would counter with his own but that didn't exactly last very well for him did it.
Which took a cosmic amount of time and effort. That's my point. Cronos isn't >> Ouranos, he's more like ~> Ouranos.
Cronos still had no way in hell of beating Kratos
That's fair, but really besides the point. You can be vastly inferior to an opponent, but receive scaling by performing far better than someone else against them.

On another note, is Gaia simply a Titan in the absolute sense, or can she be considered a Primordial due to being older than Cronos? IIRC, she's called a titan in-game, but Helios is also called an Olympian/God a bunch.

On another note, is Gaia simply a Titan in the absolute sense, or can she be considered a Primordial due to being older than Cronos?
She's a Primordial who switched sides to the Titans.

IIRC, she's called a titan in-game, but Helios is also called an Olympian/God a bunch.
Same deal above. Helios is a Titan who shifted sides to the Olympians.

Poor Nyx. From the mother of the Sisters of Fate (well, sometimes at least) and even scaring some versions of mythical Zeus in mythology to jobbing against the jobber.

So, I think that proves my point since Gaia is like > 99% of Titans. Unless Gaia is stronger than the other Primordials for some reason.

I know he's a Titan. What I meant is that labels can be deceptive.

Is she? I know she didn't get instantly murked by Poseidon and sorta didn't die against Zeus but like, the former was still tearing her literal new ones and she barely survived the latter's single attack.

Then again, that's technically better than the Titans getting oneshot all at once by a weaker Zeus, so maybe she's an exception-ish? Save for the stronger Titans like Atlas, Cronos etc.

She was also the only one aside from Kratos who managed to escape Sisters Fate control. Explained in 2 novel, she literally evolved out of their control like Kratos.
Only problem was that she didn't have a body. So she recruited Kratos as a pawn in 2.

Considering that most Titans were getting dragged to the depths of the ocean with ease, I'd say that puts her above the Titans who are only named in extra-narrative material.

I think people (including myself in the past) also underestimate the sheer gap between Zeus and his children/non-biologically related subjects. It's explained multiple times in the novels that, if he gets annoyed enough, he can just kill his subjects (up to and including Athena) effortlessly.
  • As Zeus’s favorite daughter, Athena dared speak with irreverence that might have earned any other god exile from Olympus and a fiery tumble to the earth to dodge thunderbolts for a century or two. But even for his favorite, the Skyfather’s tolerance was limited
  • From her vantage, Gaia held back a deep laugh, seeing the Messenger of the Gods become so nervous. Zeus might unleash his potent weapon at any instant and reduce Hermes to smoldering ash.
  • She drew herself up to her full height and turned to her father. “Kratos was always meant to be the weapon that killed a god. This truth names the coldest dread my heart has ever known: The god that was to be Kratos’s victim was you, Father. Ares was grooming Kratos for the same task I am, and for the same reason: to slay a god but to avoid Gaia’s immortal curse on any who shed their family’s blood. Father, you must help Kratos! He is not the true hope of Athens —he is the hope of Olympus itself! My lord father, I have seen this future in my darkest nightmares. If Kratos falls, so falls Olympus.” Breathless and nearly in tears, the goddess of foresight and clever stratagems had left to her only truth and love. “Father, please.” “My edict stands. One god may not kill another.”
  • “All, daughter? You say all are plotting to usurp me? What is your plan to rob me of my power?” Clouds began forming at the domed ceiling, lightning crackling without striking. Zeus held out his hand, and a thunderbolt formed there. “You would strike me down, Father?” “Do you oppose me, Athena? Do you try to steal my power?” “I seek amity among the gods, Father. Nothing more.”
  • “Swarm my—” His gaze went distant, and what his deific vision found caused him to gasp like a sounding whale. “A Hydra? In my Grave of Ships! The impudence—I have told Zeus, again and again, he is far too lenient with his children! Ares should have spent an entire age of the world beside Sisyphus! I am not so forgiving as my brother. I will crush him! Where is he? Where?” “Far from your realm, my lord uncle—safe in a distant desert.” Poseidon roared, raised a fist, and all the world trembled. “Am I called Earthshaker for naught?” “My lord uncle, please!” Athena cried. “Let not your wrath fall upon him directly! There is no shame in being bested by great Poseidon, ruler of two-thirds of all that is. No lesser god can hope to stand against any of the brother kings. If you truly want to punish Ares, you must smite his pride.” The tremors faded away. “There is truth in this,” Poseidon admitted. “But how best to do so?”
  • “It pains me to agree but I must with my watery brother,” Hades said, “You make a grave mistake if you do not replace Ares.” “You mean that I should replace Kratos,” Zeus said. He pulled a thunderbolt down and ran it up and down his ngers, then caught the lightning between thumb and forenger as he looked up to his brothers. Both drew back, fearing Zeus would unleash his thunderbolt against them. This ash of fear pleased Zeus.
  • “Your edict, Zeus, your foolish edict prevents one god from killing another. You had to trick Kratos into draining his godly powers before you killed him.” “Kratos was too powerful, otherwise,” Hades said. “He was not!” Zeus leaped to his feet from the couch where he reclined and towered above Hades, who fought to hide his unease. “I could have slain the God of War at any time. I am the King of Olympus, not that upstart. I made him a god and he deed me.” “I meant that your edict of one god killing another forced you to turn him mortal again,” Hades said. “Do not patronize me, brother.”
Gaia not getting one-shot alone at a time when Zeus didn't give two ***** proves that she's above most Olympians. Maybe not Ares level, but definitely on par with the prominent ones.

Last edited:
Another thing underestimated about Zeus is his intelligence and foresight.

In the first novel, it's eloquently shown how much of a mastermind he is. He manipulated every event, made his own Daughter Athena look like an amateur intern out of her depth; and she is literally the goddess of wisdom, strategy and foresighta. He accurately predict where Kratos would climb through between hell and world above and created a portal for him before hand, like a week before.... more of you count Kratos spending decades in Hades fighting the army of monsters.

And then 2 comes along with Zeus infected with Fear, he does concoct a unique plan to kill Kratos, but rest of the time he is ironically dumb.

I do like that the II novel did a great job showcasing the corruption and budding madness of the gods.

I think people (including myself in the past) also underestimate the sheer gap between Zeus and his children/non-biologically related subjects. It's explained multiple times in the novels that, if he gets annoyed enough, he can just kill his subjects (up to and including Athena) effortlessly.
  • As Zeus’s favorite daughter, Athena dared speak with irreverence that might have earned any other god exile from Olympus and a fiery tumble to the earth to dodge thunderbolts for a century or two. But even for his favorite, the Skyfather’s tolerance was limited
  • From her vantage, Gaia held back a deep laugh, seeing the Messenger of the Gods become so nervous. Zeus might unleash his potent weapon at any instant and reduce Hermes to smoldering ash.
  • She drew herself up to her full height and turned to her father. “Kratos was always meant to be the weapon that killed a god. This truth names the coldest dread my heart has ever known: The god that was to be Kratos’s victim was you, Father. Ares was grooming Kratos for the same task I am, and for the same reason: to slay a god but to avoid Gaia’s immortal curse on any who shed their family’s blood. Father, you must help Kratos! He is not the true hope of Athens —he is the hope of Olympus itself! My lord father, I have seen this future in my darkest nightmares. If Kratos falls, so falls Olympus.” Breathless and nearly in tears, the goddess of foresight and clever stratagems had left to her only truth and love. “Father, please.” “My edict stands. One god may not kill another.”
  • “All, daughter? You say all are plotting to usurp me? What is your plan to rob me of my power?” Clouds began forming at the domed ceiling, lightning crackling without striking. Zeus held out his hand, and a thunderbolt formed there. “You would strike me down, Father?” “Do you oppose me, Athena? Do you try to steal my power?” “I seek amity among the gods, Father. Nothing more.”
  • “Swarm my—” His gaze went distant, and what his deific vision found caused him to gasp like a sounding whale. “A Hydra? In my Grave of Ships! The impudence—I have told Zeus, again and again, he is far too lenient with his children! Ares should have spent an entire age of the world beside Sisyphus! I am not so forgiving as my brother. I will crush him! Where is he? Where?” “Far from your realm, my lord uncle—safe in a distant desert.” Poseidon roared, raised a fist, and all the world trembled. “Am I called Earthshaker for naught?” “My lord uncle, please!” Athena cried. “Let not your wrath fall upon him directly! There is no shame in being bested by great Poseidon, ruler of two-thirds of all that is. No lesser god can hope to stand against any of the brother kings. If you truly want to punish Ares, you must smite his pride.” The tremors faded away. “There is truth in this,” Poseidon admitted. “But how best to do so?”
  • “It pains me to agree but I must with my watery brother,” Hades said, “You make a grave mistake if you do not replace Ares.” “You mean that I should replace Kratos,” Zeus said. He pulled a thunderbolt down and ran it up and down his ngers, then caught the lightning between thumb and forenger as he looked up to his brothers. Both drew back, fearing Zeus would unleash his thunderbolt against them. This ash of fear pleased Zeus.
  • “Your edict, Zeus, your foolish edict prevents one god from killing another. You had to trick Kratos into draining his godly powers before you killed him.” “Kratos was too powerful, otherwise,” Hades said. “He was not!” Zeus leaped to his feet from the couch where he reclined and towered above Hades, who fought to hide his unease. “I could have slain the God of War at any time. I am the King of Olympus, not that upstart. I made him a god and he deed me.” “I meant that your edict of one god killing another forced you to turn him mortal again,” Hades said. “Do not patronize me, brother.”
Gaia not getting one-shot alone at a time when Zeus didn't give two ***** proves that she's above most Olympians. Maybe not Ares level, but definitely on par with the prominent ones.
Funnily enough, this is before Zeus' power growth kicks in. The Zeus that can oneshot the Olympians is fought on more or less even grounds by End of II Kratos, though the latter is still somewhat inferior.

Fast forward to III where he's not only recovered from his wounds but can oneshot Kratos and Gaia (well, Gaia's clearly far more damaged than Kratos).

Okay so Synthetic Man's shit doesn't get any better anymore.

Now he's been caught on the act of giving attention to people calling Odin a Trump allegory and right before that he states that the Norse Gods "act like Rednecks"

3h 59m 21s is the redneck part and 4h 05m 36s is the "Trump allegory part.

Like, what the ****?

EDIT: OHMYFUCKINGGOD He called Odin's vocals to resemble Trump at the 4h 6m 22s mark.

So the quotes "now i am become death the destroyer of worlds" in GoW 2 actually came from Hindu scripture bhagavad-Gita. Interesting
Yeah, the line was then repeated by J. Robert Oppenheimer for his nuke. Which Zeus then coldly states what Kratos is now.

Funnily enough, in GOW2 Prometheus is voiced by Alan Oppenheimer, J. Robert Oppenheimer's third cousin.

Now he's been caught on the act of giving attention to people calling Odin a Trump allegory and right before that he states that the Norse Gods "act like Rednecks"

Like, what the ****?

EDIT: OHMYFUCKINGGOD He called Odin's vocals to resemble Trump at the 4h 6m 22s mark.

I saw that entire efap and it’s gets even worst when you watch his live streams of the game.

Like **** bro

oh dear god, don't tell me he makes the Ukraine vs Russia comparison to the Alfheim War.
Nah man is straight up racist and hates woman for being in “his” video games. He also claim that in one of his streams he would call Jay and Rags ( ones a guest and the other host the podcast) a slur just because.

This guy is ******* terrible and is a example of brain rot

Like, what the ****?

I had time to watch the entire stream. You haven't seen the worst of synthetic man's idiocy. Every time you think he couldn't say any more stupid or baffling shit he one-ups himself even to the end of the 11-hour stream. You know those things like synthetic man calling sindri a pedo because he hangs out with atreus and synthetic man being upset that atreus isn't shown to be "sexually" interested in angrboda? Those weren't one-off poorly done review jokes, he constantly brings up that stuff during his playthrough and (spoiler incase you want to be surprised) at one point """"jokes"""" that Atreus should have babies with angraboda, kill angboda and have sex with the daughters and kill the daughters and rinse and repeat until his bloodline is "pure"

I had time to watch the entire stream. You haven't seen the worst of synthetic man's idiocy. Every time you think he couldn't say any more stupid or baffling shit he one-ups himself even to the end of the 11-hour stream. You know those things like synthetic man calling sindri a pedo because he hangs out with atreus and synthetic man being upset that atreus isn't shown to be "sexually" interested in angrboda? Those weren't one-off poorly done review jokes, he constantly brings up that stuff during his playthrough and (spoiler incase you want to be surprised) at one point """"jokes"""" that Atreus should have babies with angraboda, kill angboda and have sex with the daughters and kill the daughters and rinse and repeat until his bloodline is "pure"
despair_hollow.png

Jesus ******* christ

WTFFFFFFFF???????!!!!!!!!!

Back