• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I'll give my thoughts on this. This is really well done, you removed a lot of the Hax stuff, but that all was spot on, if you bring that up in another thread you got my support 100%. But the main (and pretty much only thing I disagree with is the downgrades for Kratos, the Furies, the Warriors. Here are my reasons. The spear of Poseidon doesn't need to show any feats of the rating it already has.
Why? Because it's a video game. Cory Barlog brought this up once. You can't just show them shattering a mountain. God of war Ascension is one of the best looking games in the series, yet it's still a nearly ten year old game. Even though this game had the most impressive feats because of technical improvement, it's still just that. They don't always have the money and resources to show Kratos blowing up an city or mountain. Why would they show all of Sparta during the fight? Michael, Trevor, and Franklin all have RPGS, they don't even blow up trees. They don't even blow open walls. Does that mean they can't? Of course not. That's been a restriction in GTA for nearly 20 years. You're essentially taking feats from a 13 year old game, it also doesn't help the fact that it's on a much weaker platform, that being the PSP. But what it does need are statements. And do they have those? Yes. Confirmation (Extremely detailed at that) that all the weapons and items are meant to be taken literal, even the most over the top. Considering weapons like the hammer of atlas, which weighs as much as the world itself, this says a lot. The spear of Poseidon comes from, well, Poseidon. Poseidon being the literal God of earthquakes. Poseidon being the god who shifts the currents of the worlds oceans with with mere breath. Poseidon being the god who shakes the world by just clenching his fist. It's more than okay to assume that the spear outputs said power with every blow given these things. Also notice how the novels have these crazy feats, while the games, just have pillar shattering. Why is that? Because these novels can accurately show how powerful these characters truly are without restriction, without limit. The Warriors of Poseidon can create hurricanes and typhoons with their magic, just like Kratos. Yet their magic is inferior to Zeus warriors. That same logic likely applies to Kratos, who possesses all elements. Kratos summons a typhoon (which he is fine being inside of) and freezes his enemies. You're basically saying this is the strongest magic Kratos ever receives serving the gods. I have problems with this. It only freezes lower enemies, when the Gorgons heads literally stones any ******* body except bosses. I asked a guy on YouTube can you freeze the Furies. He said no. They only get slowed down. Meaning they are more than capable of tanking a Typhoon. Typhoons which are as powerful as 10,000 nuclear bombs, which is Island to large Island level. And the Furies tank this. And Kratos beats their asses with his fists. And hurts them with common blade slashes and stabs. And even has stronger magic with the lightning of Zeus. To be fair, I don't exactly have a video of them tanking it, or couldn't find one, or even one with somebody using the attack. Which is why I plan on getting the game on PS NOW (my PS3 is in storage) and posting video of it here. So if anything they should actually be stronger than city level. I also read somewhere in the novel that the Barbarian King could make earthquakes with his hammer. I can't find the scan tho. Kratos being 9-A is pretty much saying he'd get clapped by Nathan Drake lol. And you know what? I actually understand. If you just forget about all the lore, the comics, the shit ton of developer statements, the novels, and only go by gameplay, you can say Kratos is only building level. And I feel like that's kinda what you're tryna do here. It's why people thought (and a lot of people still think) that Kratos was only Country or Continent level. I didn't even know they had comics, or novels, or ancient websites, or I never had any of the Guidebooks. Hey, in 4 Kratos only destroys a big ol rock thrown at him by baldur.
As for things like the gauntlet of Zeus, ehhh, not sure. The weaker titans are featless, yes, but the weaker ones are characters like perses who could fight on par with Helios, and Helios himself. It likely scales above them. Also the clip you showed with Charon was after Kratos had aquired the gauntlet, not that this makes much a difference. But I'm wondering if Kratos blades could ignore durability? Them drawing power from the primordial realm of chaos, the Furies and Charon being primordials, and them stealing life force with every strike. I mean Kratos is shown piercing Persephone in cutscenes as well. His Class G feat looks legit. I think it should stay, but I agree it should calculated. The Warriors fighting demigods like Orion and Achilles is dumb as **** lol I literally don't remember that being mentioned at all. Those demigods aren't seen, or even mentioned in the series. But to be fair, I've honestly never played Ascension's multiplayer. So maybe there's something in there about it. As for Kratos' demigod Keys being merged, I don't think they should be, but honestly I don't really care. I mean I could see why you think Kratos never gets stronger serving the gods, but to fair, you have to consider the fact that the red orbs are canon. Kratos steals his enemies life force and makes himself stronger. That's represented by the in game upgrades. Go and play chains of Olympus with bonus play, using just the blades, against the Persian King, watch how fast Kratos triggers the QTE. Kratos does this in his 10 years serving the gods several times over. Along with getting weapons and powers from the gods themselves. I agree with the Furies page being separate. I also agree with what you said about Tishphone. She's not really a brute force type of character, her shtick is Hax. She can get whatever Kratos is with her daimon summoning, tho.
Just my thoughts.
Sorry for the Bible

That entire post seems completely unnecessary (and goddammit, learn to use paragraphs).

1. It's not an argument of using gameplay mechanics over canon statements. There are literally no proper feats above 9-A, whether in the games or in supplementary material that have been calculated so far.

2. The site as a whole doesn't scale output to the total power source without proof. Said proof isn't just speculation like how it comes from a god and such. The statement about it containing the power of a storm is still taken to be literal but we don't scale that to output without proof.

Like, seriously. If you can provide or calculate any other feats from the canon novels, comics etc. that are above 9-A, you're very much welcome to. The downgrade isn't "Kratos isn't busting cities with every attack!", it's "The Tier 7 feats were improperly calculated and/or scaled. Without new ones, we have to downgrade him".

Sorry about that, this was my very first post on here, and I truly didn't mean for it to be so convoluted.

1. If there are no canon feats above 9-A why would he say Kratos could still be City level with the The immovable blast (Poseidon's rage attack)? Despite the guidebooks literally saying it's a typhoon sealed within the Blades of Chaos. Not to mention the Warriors of Poseidon can also do similar attacks.

2. Yes. This makes sense, I'll admit. But honestly I'm confused. It's a big difference drawing power from a storm, and possessing the power of one. The spear is the latter. Not disagreeing with you.

3. I have no idea how to calculate lol, if I could I would. But I know of a few feats.
Kratos in the GOW1 novel made a massive Crater by vaporizing a whole army of monsters with Poseidons rage. The Barbarian King could make earthquakes with his hammer according to the GOW2 Novel.
Helios champion burns an entire forest down

Possessing the power within itself doesn't mean a weapon or object can output it all at once. A weapon can possess infinite energy and just be able to throw out planet destroying attacks, albeit indefinitely.

If you do have above 9-A feats then just post them here to be checked out.

Okay. I'll give my thoughts on this. This is really well done, you removed a lot of the Hax stuff, but that all was spot on, if you bring that up in another thread you got my support 100%.
Aww thanks
But the main (and pretty much only thing I disagree with is the downgrades for Kratos, the Furies, the Warriors. Here are my reasons. The spear of Poseidon doesn't need to show any feats of the rating it already has.
Why? Because it's a video game. Cory Barlog brought this up once. You can't just show them shattering a mountain. God of war Ascension is one of the best looking games in the series, yet it's still a nearly ten year old game. Even though this game had the most impressive feats because of technical improvement, it's still just that. They don't always have the money and resources to show Kratos blowing up an city or mountain. Why would they show all of Sparta during the fight? Michael, Trevor, and Franklin all have RPGS, they don't even blow up trees. They don't even blow open walls. Does that mean they can't? Of course not. That's been a restriction in GTA for nearly 20 years. You're essentially taking feats from a 13 year old game, it also doesn't help the fact that it's on a much weaker platform, that being the PSP. But what it does need are statements. And do they have those? Yes. Confirmation (Extremely detailed at that) that all the weapons and items are meant to be taken literal, even the most over the top. Considering weapons like the hammer of atlas, which weighs as much as the world itself, this says a lot. The spear of Poseidon comes from, well, Poseidon. Poseidon being the literal God of earthquakes. Poseidon being the god who shifts the currents of the worlds oceans with with mere breath. Poseidon being the god who shakes the world by just clenching his fist. It's more than okay to assume that the spear outputs said power with every blow given these things. Also notice how the novels have these crazy feats, while the games, just have pillar shattering. Why is that? Because these novels can accurately show how powerful these characters truly are without restriction, without limit. The Warriors of Poseidon can create hurricanes and typhoons with their magic, just like Kratos. Yet their magic is inferior to Zeus warriors. That same logic likely applies to Kratos, who possesses all elements. Kratos summons a typhoon (which he is fine being inside of) and freezes his enemies. You're basically saying this is the strongest magic Kratos ever receives serving the gods. I have problems with this. It only freezes lower enemies, when the Gorgons heads literally stones any ******* body except bosses. I asked a guy on YouTube can you freeze the Furies. He said no. They only get slowed down. Meaning they are more than capable of tanking a Typhoon.
That's Resistance to Cold/Ice Manipulation; not a feat of durability putting them in the Megaton ranges and even ingoring that I'm not entirely sure it isn't gameplay mechanics.

Typhoons which are as powerful as 10,000 nuclear bombs, which is Island to large Island level. And the Furies tank this. And Kratos beats their asses with his fists. And hurts them with common blade slashes and stabs. And even has stronger magic with the lightning of Zeus.
Why is Lightning of Zeus stronger then Poseidon's Ice?
We all know Zeus is>> Poseidon but the actual magic we use doesn't have any feats implying it's greater then any of the other Magics in Ascension.

I also read somewhere in the novel that the Barbarian King could make earthquakes with his hammer. I can't find the scan tho.
It's here
It's notable but the problem is
  1. Earthquakes vary wildly in power
    1. Power Chart for proof
  2. Earthquakes are less powerful when they're shockwaves above ground
  3. This is for GOWII Kratos; who isn't involved with these revisions and will have his own thread

Kratos being 9-A is pretty much saying he'd get clapped by Nathan Drake lol.
Skip
And you know what? I actually understand. If you just forget about all the lore, the comics, the shit ton of developer statements, the novels, and only go by gameplay, you can say Kratos is only building level. And I feel like that's kinda what you're tryna do here. It's why people thought (and a lot of people still think) that Kratos was only Country or Continent level. I didn't even know they had comics, or novels, or ancient websites, or I never had any of the Guidebooks. Hey, in 4 Kratos only destroys a big ol rock thrown at him by baldur.
The problem is we aren't talking about the Kratos who is relative to universe shattering beings and gods whom hold back the Khaos from consuming the Earth. We're talking about a relatively mortal Kratos who has none of the above scaling.

Secondly I've read both the novels for the O.G series (wish there was a third) and am going through 2018's novelization (been busy) so I think I'm fairly knowledgeable here. Your completely welcome to find a feat in the above sources that indicates Kratos is above the feats we've got here
As for things like the gauntlet of Zeus, ehhh, not sure. The weaker titans are featless, yes, but the weaker ones are characters like perses who could fight on par with Helios, and Helios himself. It likely scales above them.
Perses probably scales above Helios but I see what you're saying
Also the clip you showed with Charon was after Kratos had aquired the gauntlet, not that this makes much a difference.
Yeah he wasn't using it in that instance and we have no idea whether or not Kratos is getting passively amped by the Gauntlet even when not using it
But I'm wondering if Kratos blades could ignore durability? Them drawing power from the primordial realm of chaos, the Furies and Charon being primordials, and them stealing life force with every strike.
That would be a comment for another thread but I'm unsure.
The Chaos is overtly the power source conundrum all over again and while the Erinyes and Kharon are Protogenoi in the myths; I can't recall any statement that they are Primordials in the games (or even implications like Thanatos)

If they are that kind of opens cans of worms regarding Primordial scaling
I mean Kratos is shown piercing Persephone in cutscenes as well.
That's mostly a showing of him being relative to Persephone; who has none of the scaling most of the Olympians actually have.
His Class G feat looks legit. I think it should stay, but I agree it should calculated.
I'm fine with it staying; my issue is there's no calc at all for it being Class G and it's the only basis for the rating.
The Warriors fighting demigods like Orion and Achilles is dumb as **** lol I literally don't remember that being mentioned at all. Those demigods aren't seen, or even mentioned in the series. But to be fair, I've honestly never played Ascension's multiplayer. So maybe there's something in there about it. As for Kratos' demigod Keys being merged, I don't think they should be, but honestly I don't really care. I mean I could see why you think Kratos never gets stronger serving the gods, but to fair, you have to consider the fact that the red orbs are canon. Kratos steals his enemies life force and makes himself stronger.
The strengthening seems to mostly be healing himself of damage in the novels
That's represented by the in game upgrades. Go and play chains of Olympus with bonus play, using just the blades, against the Persian King, watch how fast Kratos triggers the QTE. Kratos does this in his 10 years serving the gods several times over. Along with getting weapons and powers from the gods themselves. I agree with the Furies page being separate. I also agree with what you said about Tishphone. She's not really a brute force type of character, her shtick is Hax. She can get whatever Kratos is with her daimon summoning, tho.
Just my thoughts.
Sorry for the Bible
All Good, I'd personally recommend using more paragraphs and punctuation but I still appreciate the comment

1. If there are no canon feats above 9-A why would he say Kratos could still be City level with the The immovable blast (Poseidon's rage attack)? Despite the guidebooks literally saying it's a typhoon sealed within the Blades of Chaos. Not to mention the Warriors of Poseidon can also do similar attacks.
Because
  • The Typhoon statement still exists
  • We see Kratos conjure large icicles with the Ice of Poseidon which could easily be solid
The reason it's "higher with magic" and not just part of the tiering is because of Heat Revisions and the whole idea magic needs proof to scale to physical stats.
2. Yes. This makes sense, I'll admit. But honestly I'm confused. It's a big difference drawing power from a storm, and possessing the power of one. The spear is the latter. Not disagreeing with you.
The problem is that the storm is locked within the Spear; granting it the great magical power of Poseidon. Assuming they're hitting with City Level force every time implies they're using all of the magic locked within the Spear
3. I have no idea how to calculate lol, if I could I would. But I know of a few feats.
Kratos in the GOW1 novel made a massive Crater by vaporizing a whole army of monsters with Poseidons rage.
That would have been part of the "higher via magic" but that was revised to be Deconstruction; meaning it isn't applicable for AP
The Barbarian King could make earthquakes with his hammer according to the GOW2 Novel.
Already adressed
Helios champion burns an entire forest down
Fire burns wood
Secondly that was magic based which (unless there's signs of a universal energy system) would not scale to physicals at all. At most it would be proof that the Champion of Helios has Fire Manipulation in that range.

And let me be clear, 9-A Kratos hurts my soul more than any gutting from the Claws of Hades

Honestly I was really hoping for 8-C - High 8-C so he could fight Geralt and (after my revisisons) Talion

Aww thanks

That's Resistance to Cold/Ice Manipulation; not a feat of durability putting them in the Megaton ranges and even ingoring that I'm not entirely sure it isn't gameplay mechanics.

Fair enough. Game mechanics could be a possible explanation. But than again I'm not sure. Remember the Combat designer saying Hermes dodging the Head of Helios was there to show how fast he was? That could likely be the case here as well. The Furies are too strong, the twins as well, to freeze, or have resistance.

Why is Lightning of Zeus stronger then Poseidon's Ice?
We all know Zeus is>> Poseidon but the actual magic we use doesn't have any feats implying it's greater then any of the other Magics in Ascension.

Stated in the main menu of Allegiance select in MP. The Zeus warriors are the most powerful magically. I'll try to find the scan for you

It's here
It's notable but the problem is
  1. Earthquakes vary wildly in power
    1. Power Chart for proof
  2. Earthquakes are less powerful when they're shockwaves above ground
  3. This is for GOWII Kratos; who isn't involved with these revisions and will have his own thread

1. Correct.
2. This is true as well.
3. Yes but remember, he went back to demigod status, and didn't become a god again until like mid game.

Skip
The problem is we aren't talking about the Kratos who is relative to universe shattering beings and gods whom hold back the Khaos from consuming the Earth. We're talking about a relatively mortal Kratos who has none of the above scaling.

Secondly I've read both the novels for the O.G series (wish there was a third) and am going through 2018's novelization (been busy) so I think I'm fairly knowledgeable here. Your completely welcome to find a feat in the above sources that indicates Kratos is above the feats we've got here

Yeah the novels were great, no idea why
they never made one with GOW 3

Perses probably scales above Helios but I see what you're saying

He crushed his chariot easily, that would
make a lot of sense.

Yeah he wasn't using it in that instance and we have no idea whether or not Kratos is getting passively amped by the Gauntlet even when not using it

Yeah, could also be another explanation of how he could harm Persephone with the blades.

That would be a comment for another thread but I'm unsure.
The Chaos is overtly the power source conundrum all over again and while the Erinyes and Kharon are Protogenoi in the myths; I can't recall any statement that they are Primordials in the games (or even implications like Thanatos)

Yeah, it's probably different in the games

If they are that kind of opens cans of worms regarding Primordial scaling

It definitely would now that you mention it. Lol everybody's universal?

That's mostly a showing of him being relative to Persephone; who has none of the scaling most of the Olympians actually have.

Facts

I'm fine with it staying; my issue is there's no calc at all for it being Class G and it's the only basis for the rating.

Yeah.

The strengthening seems to mostly be healing himself of damage in the novels

All Good, I'd personally recommend using more paragraphs and punctuation but I still appreciate the comment

Yeah sorry about that lol. I was typing that from my old phone which I dropped in the toilet, so everything is all jammed. The one I'm using now was charging.

Because
  • The Typhoon statement still exists
  • We see Kratos conjure large icicles with the Ice of Poseidon which could easily be solid
The reason it's "higher with magic" and not just part of the tiering is because of Heat Revisions and the whole idea magic needs proof to scale to physical stats.

Ah okay. But to be honest, we also see the Furies tank these icicles and Kratos harms them with fists.

The problem is that the storm is locked within the Spear; granting it the great magical power of Poseidon. Assuming they're hitting with City Level force every time implies they're using all of the magic locked within the Spear

That would have been part of the "higher via magic" but that was revised to be Deconstruction; meaning it isn't applicable for AP

Already adressed

Fire burns wood
Secondly that was magic based which (unless there's signs of a universal energy system) would not scale to physicals at all. At most it would be proof that the Champion of Helios has Fire Manipulation in that range.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're saying but I recommend editing your comment
You can separate your quotes by pressing enter and that will split the quotation so you could talk about specific sections

Also two more requests were done by Carioca and we're looking at more 9-A consistency (15 feats now) and Class M Lifting Strength. Not in blogs yet but I'll link it to the Evaluations Thread when its done.

If anyone can I'd suggest calcing some of the GPE stuff like Kaiju Alecto since I feel that's our only way out of 9-A Kratos

Last edited:
Honestly I was really hoping for 8-C - High 8-C so he could fight Geralt and (after my revisisons) Talion
Natural Lightning from Clouds is average 8C lvls. I am pretty sure Zeus Sirens qualify for it. Not that I agree with 9A/8C/H8C shenanigans to begin with, just....throwing that out there.

Anyways expect my beginning of responses to this CRT soon, since my exams are almost over and only easy ones are left.
Now I have to handle DMC low tier CRT and GoW low tier CRT.....this weeks gonna be hectic smh.

Last edited:
I edited my comment. Is it any easier to read?
Also how exactly do you post images?
There is a insert media, link and image option at the top on the blue bar(middle portion, just hover your curser on top of the icons to know, or just tap it on mobile to see what it does). You can insert media's from "reliable" sources i.e discord or imgur etc.

Natural Lightning from Clouds is average 8C lvls. I am pretty sure Zeus Sirens qualify for it. Not that I agree with 9A/8C/H8C shenanigans to begin with, just....throwing that out there.

Anyways expect my beginning of responses to this CRT soon, since my exams are almost over and only easy ones are left.
Now I have to handle DMC low tier CRT and GoW low tier CRT.....this weeks gonna be hectic smh.
Thing is we don’t scale electricity to dura anymore so this would solely be an 8-C+ with magical attacks (something that I’m already proposing for Kratos)

Thing is we don’t scale electricity to dura anymore so this would solely be an 8-C+ with magical attacks (something that I’m already proposing for Kratos)
Uhhh why? He can literally tank the attacks of these Siren's how is that not applicable to durability?

Also since when did magic start scaling apart from durability?? Thats like saying Ki is separate from physicals in DB, or Chakra in Naruto or Magic in Fairy Tail/Black Clover.
That's ridiculous.....

Uhhh why? He can literally tank the attacks of these Siren's how is that not applicable to durability?
Because tanking electricity just counts as Resistance to Electricity Manipulation and not base durability
Also since when did magic start scaling apart from durability?? Thats like saying Ki is separate from physicals in DB, or Chakra in Naruto or Magic in Fairy Tail/Black Clover.
That's ridiculous.....
We’ve been doing this for a while, basically you need to hit a few flat criteria to assume magic scales to physicality

I’d also note Kratos best feats (at least from what I see) are with magic rather then physical stats

Because tanking electricity just counts as Resistance to Electricity Manipulation and not base durability
opposite actually, resistance would if the electricity isn't even conducted through the material, like this, even then its durability and resistance.
We’ve been doing this for a while, basically you need to hit a few flat criteria to assume magic scales to physicality
layout the criteria then, enlighten me.
I’d also note Kratos best feats (at least from what I see) are with magic rather then physical stats
that remains to be seen.

opposite actually, resistance would if the electricity isn't even conducted through the material, like this, even then its durability and resistance.
Wait I was told even Lightning doesn’t work because most of the energy in the bolt is dispersed
layout the criteria then, enlighten me.
My understanding is it needs to outright be stated magic is used to enhance a character’s physicals

I believe there’s other stuff but I’m not too knowledgeable (Medeus might know)
that remains to be seen.
True but I’m fairly confident on this

We have about 15 feats calculated in the 9-A range; it’s certainly consistent

Wait I was told even Lightning doesn’t work because most of the energy in the bolt is dispersed
the attack itself would be casually 8C, so it scales around regardless. The Sekiro thread I linked above went over this.
Anyways I'll drop this and concentrate on important stuff.
My understanding is it needs to outright be stated magic is used to enhance a character’s physicals
Uhhh...magic being used to energize Blades, or basic ass spear becoming a amped danmaku. Or literally every god using their own versions of magic as source or power..............I don't see how examples get more blatant then this.

Uhhh...magic being used to energize Blades, or basic ass spear becoming a amped danmaku. Or literally every god using their own versions of magic as source or power..............I don't see how examples get more blatant then this.
Yeah, there are various examples in the entire series where Kratos along with gods, demigods and other mythical creatures seen to be able to unleash what looks like energy into either their weapons.

Something similar happen when Kratos put his own godlike strength into the Blade of Olympus (1:00 to 1:45).

Last edited:
the attack itself would be casually 8C, so it scales around regardless. The Sekiro thread I linked above went over this.
Anyways I'll drop this and concentrate on important stuff.

Yes. They are many examples of this throughout the series. I think I've seen the warriors in the MP amp their stats with magic.

And Kratos does this in 4 in several ways, a notable moment with blessing of the frost.

Huh weird; I was told we don’t use lightning to scale to dura unless we have criteria

The spear is also weird since that seems to be why Kratos has supposedly got the ability to amp normal weapons but we never see that outside of gameplay so I’m assuming that’s just not a canon thing.
This mostly strikes as gameplay to me
Yes we know orbs are canonically represented as the life force of foes in the novels but we don’t have any precedent I can recall that the different coloured orbs exist in the manner you inply

I’d also point out the different orb colours in Ascension related to upgrading specific elemental attacks which feels like a gameplay incentive more then anything else

The rest of the page just talks about how colours are a motif I guess rather then any serious mechanic or sign of universal systems of energy
Something similar happen when Kratos putt his own godlike strength into the Blade of Olympus (1:00 to 1:45).

that’s because
1) The Blade already has insane power
2) the Blade of Olympus absorbed Kratos’ godly strength

That’s mostly a quirk of the weapon rather then a verse wide constant; the Blades of Chaos can absorb life force but they don’t do it as well as the Blade of Olympus does
And Kratos does this in 4 in several ways, a notable moment with blessing of the frost.
2018 is it’s own thing; we’re discussing the Demigod stuff

The spear is also weird since that seems to be why Kratos has supposedly got the ability to amp normal weapons but we never see that outside of gameplay so I’m assuming that’s just not a canon thing.
I don't see on what grounds you would deny on-screen showings of such a simple concept, its not rocket science, I could have understood if it was some wierd hax or something. I don't see how more context is needed than this for something as simple as energy amplification.....literally a common trope in magic systems accross all fictions.
The rest of the page just talks about how colours are a motif I guess rather then any serious mechanic or sign of universal systems of energy
even a child can understand implications of this, I don't see why us "experts in powerscaling" on this site would say otherwise.
that’s because

That’s mostly a quirk of the weapon rather then a verse wide constant; the Blades of Chaos can absorb life force but they don’t do it as well as the Blade of Olympus does
Blades scale from user primarily, since both Kratos and Zeus channel their power through it, not the other way around, does it increase their base strenth >yes, is it the above the users base strength....no.

And the haxxes and orbs you mention are irrelevent at this point, we are talking about AP, not hax.

That’s mostly a quirk of the weapon rather then a verse wide constant
Are you certain? Because to me its looks like Kratos was the one who put his energies inside the blade rather than be blade automatically absorb his energy, yes Kratos had to do it for using the blade, but he still did himself.

Something similar happen even in Chains of Olympus, where Kratos had to sacrifice his powers to be with Calliope once again, only for him be forced to kill all the inhabitants of Elysium to take his godlike strength back, so to defeat pPersephone.

I don't think the orbs should be dismissed as simply gameplay mechanics.

Huh weird; I was told we don’t use lightning to scale to dura unless we have criteria

This mostly strikes as gameplay to me
Yes we know orbs are canonically represented as the life force of foes in the novels but we don’t have any precedent I can recall that the different coloured orbs exist in the manner you inply

I’d also point out the different orb colours in Ascension related to upgrading specific elemental attacks which feels like a gameplay incentive more then anything else

that’s because

2018 is it’s own thing; we’re discussing the Demigod stuff

I'm well aware of this. Just adding an example.

Are you certain? Because to me its looks like Kratos was the one who put his energies inside the blade rather than be blade automatically absorb his energy, yes Kratos had to do it for using the blade, but he still did himself.

Something similar happen even in Chains of Olympus, where Kratos had to sacrifice his powers to be with Calliope once again, only for him be forced to kill all the inhabitants of Elysium to take his godlike strength back, so to defeat pPersephone.

This was the very same example that came to mind for me as well.

you don't need to reply to whole comment, you can just select/highlight the text you want to address and a reply tag will appear around it and you can reply to it exclusively. Just saying cuz I see you are still not used to the texting system here lol....took me sometime too learn too.
Lol. Yeah, dude, it's gotten very confusing since the last time I've been here.

I don't see on what grounds you would deny on-screen showings of such a simple concept, its not rocket science, I could have understood if it was some wierd hax or something. I don't see how more context is needed than this for something as simple as energy amplification.....literally a common trope in magic systems accross all fictions.
Because it's never actually acknowledged outside of gameplay at all and we never see any implications Kratos does the same with the world weapons.
Remember this is demigod Kratos we're discussing
even a child can understand implications of this, I don't see why us "experts in powerscaling" on this site would say otherwise.
Aside from the oddly condescending attitude there

How? The page even acknowledges multiple colours are shared by differing Gods (Purple for Hades, Artemis and the Spear of Destiny), none of which have any overlap at all and the very explanation for "blue is used because it's the colour of the sky" feels like a head-canon rationalization that doesn't hold up that well.

And again I'm really not seeing why a colour is definitive proof that we're looking at universal systems here rather then a design motif
Blades scale from user primarily, since both Kratos and Zeus channel their power through it, not the other way around, does it increase their base strenth >yes, is it the above the users base strength....no.
So they increase a character's base strength but they aren't above base strength?
Could you clarify what you mean?
And the haxxes and orbs you mention are irrelevent at this point, we are talking about AP, not hax.
They kinda aren't; sure this is AP but I'm pointing out we shouldn't be assuming the BoO's mechanics are something verse wide rather then something specific to that weapon. The page you linked also mentions coloured orbs connected to different gameplay elements (elemental allegiances; upgrading magic vs upgrading damage) so I'm assuming that's part of your reasoning here.

Hence I'm pointing out the issue with assuming based off that gameplay element.
Fairly; Kratos mostly just touched the blade to have his power drained which seems to imply it's more of the Blade then him
This is an interesting example; I'll do some checking on this and get back to you on it?
I'd disagree; the different colour orbs from Ascension are never referenced in universe and they make up a gameplay conceit so I'm unsure how they wouldn't be gameplay only. They aren't like the Red Orbs in the sense they're a gameplay conceit adopted by the overall canon (as the Blades of Chaos leeching life force)
I'm well aware of this. Just adding an example.
I know; I'm just saying it's outside the bounds of the thread
Especially since Greek magic does not equal the Runic or Seiðr Magic of the Nine Realms at all

This is another example, Normal Spartan Coat of Arms becoming 2C and gaining OP magical techniques inhands of Kratos and Diemos.

Out of bounds; Kratos was already a God in Ghost of Sparta.
Deimos is also weird because
  • The Arms of Sparta could already be amped by Kratos
  • He himself scales to Olympian Kratos so he's already super weird

From what I know, for durability to scale to its entirety, one would have to be struck by it mid-air, while covered in cuts, else most of its energy disperses.

I don't know if this changed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back