• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War CRT: Power of Hope Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I vastly underestimated the headache this key is, istfg.

So anyway, Kratos' Power of Hope state currently has the following;

Issue is that we've discussed it off-site and in lieu of any concrete confirmation, it'd make more sense for this to be a manifestation of his accepted Conceptual Invulnerability rather than outright immunity to any number of layers of Conceptual Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation, among the rest.

So, the above is to be moved to the Resistances Section. The Conceptual Invulnerability remains untouched by this beyond maybe extending to his powers being protected by Hope on top of his mind/body/soul.

Agree: 4 (KLOL506, KingTempest, Theglassman12, Emirp_sumitpo)

Disagree: 1 (Georredannea15)

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Honestly, I really don't care about the buzzwords that much as long as the main meat and potatoes gets the message through. If it goes back to the old format it was before, so be it. But Invulnerability stays. That ain't going nowhere.

Count me in for agreeing.

Last edited:
Also completely forgot to mention, but we should also mention on the profile that Hope amplifies all of Kratos' powers and resistances to the same exact level and potency as Hope due to how GoW's Magic UES shenanigans work (Low 1-C 5-D Type 1 Conceptual shenanigans) because people have been having misconceptions about it for the past few VS threads (Sonic thread, Arceus thread, Sora thread and recently, Dante) despite us having accepted that in the CRT where we made Athena and PoH Kratos Low 1-C.

Also completely forgot to mention, but we should also mention on the profile that Hope amplifies all of Kratos' powers and resistances to the same exact level and potency as Hope due to how GoW's Magic UES shenanigans work (Low 1-C 5-D Type 1 Conceptual shenanigans) because people have been having misconceptions about it for the past few VS threads (Sonic thread, Arceus thread, Sora thread and recently, Dante) despite us having accepted that in the CRT where we made Athena and PoH Kratos Low 1-C.
we don't mention such obvious stuff.

If people are just refusing to accept, then that's not our problem.

we don't mention such obvious stuff.

If people are just refusing to accept, then that's not our problem.
Apparently it wasn't obvious enough to a majority of the people here. Including Tony's ass. This will summon him here now, but IDFC. Let him cope.

It really doesn't need mentioning. It's abundantly clear with the Explanation Page in place.

Maybe add “All previous abilities amplified to a higher degree because of Hope”

Maybe add “All previous abilities amplified to a higher degree because of Hope”
It's already there but people still keep assuming it's not amped to Low 1-C 5-D Type 1 Conceptual level despite... it already being a done deal in the Athena CRT. Hence, another additional note to what exactly it is amped to. But Gilver and Planck think it ain't necessary and that people can keep coping if they still don't get something so obvious, and they do have a point.

It's already there but people still keep assuming it's not amped to Low 1-C 5-D Type 1 Conceptual level despite... it already being a done deal in the Athena CRT. Hence, another additional note to what exactly it is amped to. But Gilver and Planck think it ain't necessary and that people can keep coping if they still don't get something so obvious, and they do have a point.
I agree with those two, they can cope about it lol.

Me personally I'd still keep the immunity for the Fear and Empathic Manip BS at least but I won't argue against it if the CRT goes through.

Frankly, I don't agree with the OP. Because when Kratos unlocks hope, He became inherently purified from fear, jealousy, gluttony, and all other such evils, he became immune and uneffect to their effects.( The concepts I've mentioned are all type 1)

I think immunity to conceptual manipulation can still stay with Invulnerability Type. This comes with an immunity because when he is unlocked it, becomes completely immune and Invulnerability to these type 1 concepts.

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't agree with the OP. Because when Kratos unlocks hope, He became inherently purified from fear, jealousy, gluttony, and all other such evils, he became immune and uneffect to their effects.( The concepts I've mentioned are all type 1)

I think immunity to conceptual manipulation can still stay with Invulnerability Type. This comes with an immunity because when he is unlocked it, becomes completely immune and Invulnerability to these type 1 concepts.
The word "Immunity" is a buzzword. All of this is handled perfectly well by the "Invulnerability". The WoG statement from Stig just reinforces this even further.

If anything, keeping "Immunity" might as well be just pure redundancy.

The word "Immunity" is a buzzword. All of this is handled perfectly well by the "Invulnerability". The WoG statement from Stig just reinforces this even further.

If anything, keeping "Immunity" might as well be just pure redundancy.
Hmmmm... so this hax that Kratos has will work like a typical immunity? So you're removing immunity just because it's an "unnecessary" extra hax?

Hmmmm... so this hax that Kratos has will work like a typical immunity? So you're removing immunity just because it's an "unnecessary" extra hax?
It's more so a "Good ******* luck trying to have any meaningful physical interaction with me" kind of thing that is better and more accurately addressed by Invulnerability rather than Immunity, as Planck himself says in the OP.

It's more so a "Good ******* luck trying to have any meaningful physical interaction with me" kind of thing that is better and more accurately addressed by Invulnerability rather than Immunity, as Planck himself says in the OP.
So simply it's more better and healthier than immunity.

The link of the Great evils is dead for me
latest

In fact, he has been said here that hope clearly have an immunity to their energies and Type 1 concepts, and this is also supported by feats. I'm still not agree of removed immunity, Keeping it on the profile wouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't wrong

We have enough votes to apply this now.

@KLOL506 Can you help with it? Not with my PC atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back