• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking about Atreus himself, his arrows were capable of piercing through Baldur or even Kratos skin, and paralyse them for short period of time, but the damage was incredibly low or non-existing, the only thing that affected them was paralysis.

Even Baldur during the second meeting commented how pathetic Atreus atempt was when he shotted him with normal arrows. And he stated that the **Boi** is far from being ready. Even if Baldur wouldnt had his immortality at that point, these shots wouldnt affect him at all. I mean Atreus sure do have higher stamina and durability than any mortal (due to being half Jótunar, and 1/4 god) however his power in terms of strenght or damage output is very, very low.

I dont even think he would be able to beat one Ogre or even Troll in 1 vs 1 combat with ease, not to mention that 6-C character should be able to take them down in short period of time.. I mean Atreus would probably won that fight, however It would be a hard fight for Atreus even from the end of the game. It would took him a lot of time, and it for sure it would exhausted him... I dont know, maybe I'm rambling but if Atreus was scalled to be 6-C, he would be a really pathetic one.

He badly hurt Baldur multiple times. With his arrows, the damage wasn't non existent, also once Baldur did, he became a total *********, that's why they didn't really stun him. His arrows also heavily damage Moodi.

At first he is extremely weak, Kratos notes this when his punches don't even tickle his hands, but at the end of game he stuns Baldur with a kick, even making him bleed when using his bow. His strength should be comparable to his durability as well, and he's survived blows from Magni, Moodi, Baldur, etc.

I think this is where you guys start to treat the durability a little too closely. Any blade can pierce another's skin in God of war same as any other verse that doesn't treat the stronger person as being automatically unhurt by a weak person's attack. Unless it's explicitly shown that their skin is made of some material or it's as hard as some material a blade/arrow/sharp object will go through their skin regardless. Most enemies in the game are unfazed by the regular arrows while the electric and light arrows are there for their paralysis/stun. His arrows didn't heavily damage anyone considering that Modi is a minor god and he was running away in fear at the time.

So I agree with what Arimota said with Atreus damage output is very, very low.

His strength is on a level higher than regular people but still lower than the actual gods of the game. But it is a fact that he was able to hit Baldur with sufficient force. I wouldn't go so far as to say that those arrows badly hurt Baldur considering it was just momentary wincing at pain. Which enabled for distractions and counterattacking.

And Atreus barely survived a regular blow from Baldur. And I disagree with his strength being scaled to durability since there is nothing backing his strength outside of hitting Baldur for a few moments and helping kratos push/lift stuff.

Wait hold up, why haven't we mentioned his runic summons

I agree with that, but it's definitley physically higher than the fodder and all that by the end. That was the only point.

It wasn't barely, he didn't really sustain much damage. It makes sense, since he can hurt people he can take hits from. I more got that from pretty much every humanoid character is like that in the game.

ByAsura said:
He badly hurt Baldur multiple times. With his arrows, the damage wasn't non existent, also once Baldur did, he became a total *********, that's why they didn't really stun him. His arrows also heavily damage Moodi.
I'm watching these videos and while those arrows affected him, and even knocked him on the ground, he was literally capable of shaking it off in terms of seconds, and continued fighting after losing immortality. Sure he does have a huge healing factor on his side, even after breaking the spell, but Kratos punches stunned him for a longer period of time and did bigger damage overall. You can clearly see it. You're explaining it wih him becaming a total ********* and making it a reason of why he's not amused with arrows... But that's a headcanon if anything.

As for Moodi...
it really didnt deal to him "huge damage" or anything like that, his arrows stunned Magni, allowing Kratos to get out of his grip, and then counter attack. There wasnt any comment about it or any display that his arrows indeed heavily damaged Moodi... Sure it pierced his body, like it did with Baldur and Kratos in the game, but that doesnt seem to deal any portion of damage to them at all. I mean Kratos was shoot by him and took it like 1 point of health after the cutscene ended...

I'm rewatching the final battle scene and yes, the boy was capable of making him drop a bit of blood with attack of the bow, I cant argue there... Or can I ?

As for the Kick that comboed with Kratos attacks, it doesnt seem to inflict any real damage to him (not even a blood was spilled), and while it moved his head , It never had any visibly effect... It was a cool combo, dont get me wrong, but other than that, it did nothing...

I mean I understand that Atreus isnt a weakling that cant affect gods in anyway, because we saw that he can, he can pierce their skin with arrows and even deal a small amount of damage. But if you were to put Atreus against Baldur without immortality, even 100 arrows wouldnt be enough for Atreus to beat him, due to to Baldur Regenerationn and other feats.

So I'll ask you that in a different way, does hurting a bit these gods with magical Arrows, puts Atreus on 6-C tier? In my opinion it shouldnt. After all normal soliders managed to drop a bit of Kratos blood in previous games with normal swords, where he was even more powerful than he his right now. Do you really think that Atreus deserves 6-C?

@Kadmus Prime Well his summons are certainly capable of stunning every enemy, but is that enough to scale him to Baldur?

Atreus cannot scale to Baldur. That is impossible since he's still a child. But I mentioned runic summons because they offer greater AP than his regular arrows would do. Since he summons elemental versions of animals to do various attacks.

@Messhifuari

No, it's not headcanon at all, he's constantly extactic about pain and feeling, watch the fight. Also, no, my point wasn't that he was hurt by the arrows, my point is that they did damage.

Not really going to argue with this since i agree, and this was mid game.

The point is he stunned him, i was just using that point to put him above the fodder enemies listed.

Firstly, don't you mean High 6-C? Kratos is Large Island level, and secondly Kratos is only a bit above a baseline, so i'd agree with you there, he shouldn't be in the same tier as Kratos, but maybe high end Island level.

@ByAsura Atreus 6-C, I really dont think so. If anything I would high-ball him to be 7-C at best right now, and that's really pushing it... Like really, really high-balling him.

The Furies which displayed way more impressive feats than him, are currently at 7-B (likely higher). Atreus while doing some minor (almost not existing damage) shouldnt be even able to scale to them.

We're talking about the boy who wasnt capable of liffting a small shard of the wall that fall on him ? Are we talking about the boy who got knocked down after one stab in the arm? .

I'll enter the spoiler territory here... But so far, Loki has displayed less impressive feats than the original Atreus. Which took a way bigger punishment and managed to give Kratos small, warm up

If anything, I would put Loki on High 8-A or really low 7-C.

As for the strenght that you've brought up, I think that it's been also stated in the game that Atreus doesnt have enchanted strenght in any way, unlike his father. Mimir and Kratos even talked about it, on the boat.

Atreus is literally half god and half giant, there's no way he DOESNT have enhanced strength

All f Atreus' demonstrated feats are 9-B to 9-A before he realized his power as a god, and after he has multiple feats of harming both Kratos and Bauldr. There is more than enough proof to put him on their level.

The gap between the highest end of 7-C and the lowest end of island level is 43,000 times. Atreus would break his hand against Baldur if he were that high.

Lifting strength =/= striking strength. A stab from a powerful god, also Endurance =/= durability.

I'd also like to point out that Atreus took a punch from a pissed off Bauldr and only got the wind knocked out of him for a few seconds

BEcause of that there is no way whatsoever that he doesnt have enhanced strength, and he has multiple feats backing up being on Kratos and Bauldr's level after he realized his power as a god

@Shadowwaker Welp that part is kinda simple tho

Kratos = 1/2 God, 1/2 Mortal Faye = 2/2 Giant

Loki/Atreus = 1/2 Giant, 1/4 God, 1/4 Mortal.

@WeeklyBattles Why wasnt he capable of liffting the small piece of the wall that felt on him? Why Mimir nor Kratos ever commented on him having enchanted strength ? Why they've stated that even tho he, key word, doesnt have super strenght he will have different powers, on the boat? I mean normal people were capable of hurting Kratos with hammers, swords and even punches, like OG Arteus, but they werent gifted with super powers. As for Loki enchanted durability, it's a fact, he posseses it, even GoW wikia notices it.

However him having super strenght? I really havent seen any statement or feats indicating that he does have it, wall chunk seems to say something against it. One again, normal people were capable of dealing damage to Kratos without any super powers.

I'm going to bed now, i'll leave the debunking of these points to you guys.

Lifting strength =/= AP

Atreus has:

• Harmed Kratos with his arrows
  • Harmed Baldur with his arrows on multiple occasions
  • Harmed Baldur with his physical strikes and drawn blood from him
  • Tanked a punch from a pissed off Baldur and only had the wind knocked out of him for a few seconds before he was back up and ready to fight again
These are all feats proving he has superhuman strength on the level of his father

@Shadowwaker That's actually a good point. I've never thought about that.

@WeeklyBattles

-About the durability, I've agreed that he does possess incredible amount.

-He did inflicted minimal damage to both Baldur and Kratos, but that's the iffy thing. Normally it would set his Attack Potency At 6-C, but a lot of people damaged Kratos too... Normal people, even original Atreus who was just a human, without super powers. In GoW universe, a lot of people inflicted more damage to Kratos with normal weapons and bare hands. Do you think it's enough to scale them to 6-C? If Loki were to shoot even 100 of arrows, it probably wouldnt be able to kill Baludr without immortality... After all while piercing his body, or Magni and Moodi bodies, it wasnt even in 1/4 as effective as Kratos punches...

-He for sure doesnt have any SuperHuman Lifting Strength right now... As proven by once again wall, conversation with Mimir. Maybe in future games, after unlocking Spartan Rage... however he was able to lift Kratos axe in such young age, so that's Above Average Human feat of strenght.

-He did stabbed beaten up Moodi with knife that Kratos gave him, and he did commented on how it was better than the previous one... but once again, even normal mortals could do that in GoW universe.

Either way I have a hard time putting Loki at 6-C simply due to the fact, that hurting Kratos isnt really that impressive in GoW universe due to the fact that a lot of people did it too. Ogres and Trolls are scalled to be 9-A and they did it in game and cutscenes... I dunno. Could you please try to explain to me how this thing makes sense?

So about the blade of chaos hax making Kratos survive cold temperatures in Helheim that Odin couldn't. Atresus seems to be able to survive it, although, he does make references on how cold it is...

WeeklyBattles said:
Eeyup, if we took it as legit, Dante, Cloud, and Asura wouldn't be above tier 9
Cloud is still human, he can't automatically shrug off hits from a blade. Asura and Dante have been seen to be impaled/cut/harmed multiple times from far weaker enemies but alas they aren't human so they can easily shrug it off.

This is the case with Atreus damaging other gods. He paralyzed Kratos temporarily with electric arrows. If it was a regular one, Kratos would just wince from the pain and the continue on like it never happened. The same thing happened with Modi and Baldur. As Arimota said, Atreus arrows aren't nearly as effective as Kratos's punches, they do only the minimal level of damage.

Any normal person can harm a demi/full god or any being in the world with a blade in their hand, so long as their skin isn't made of any hard material. And you just can't put to the side fodder enemies harming Kratos as game mechanics, it is possible for anyone with a blade and superhuman strength to harm Kratos his skin isn't made of steel. The same goes for other gods, just like how Atreus was easily able to plunge a knife into Modi's throat further shows that it doesn't take much to harm a god with a blade. It's the point of how you're gonna kill a god which would be impossible in the hands of a mortal.

And Atreus does have superhuman strength due to his heritage. But it doesn't make sense saying that he is on the level of Kratos and the other gods purely because every time he tried to take on a god by himself he was toyed with. He had his wind knocked out from a punch from Baldur but that does give testament to his durability but I disagree that it would be on their level.

I could see him taking on the fodder enemies and he did as shown with the dozen of dark elf bodies to show. With bigger fodders like Trolls, ogres, wulves etc. giving him great difficulty simply because he's still a child. He still isn't ready nor is on the level of Kratos and the other gods but he will be soon enough.

Shadowwaker said:
So about the blade of chaos hax making Kratos survive cold temperatures in Helheim that Odin couldn't. Atresus seems to be able to survive it, although, he does make references on how cold it is...
The Blades of Chaos fire isn't a hax, it's flames aren't normal fire and supposedly it's strong enough to survive in Hel. Well since we didn't get any specifics on how long Odin can stay in hel (since all it says that he couldn't survive the cold) it's fine if he was able to stay in hel for a short while since he was actually visibly shaking from the cold.

Look at the end of the final boss fight, he was beating the shit out of Baldur and drawing blood with his strikes alongside his dad, and he also can harm magni and moodi, theres no reason to say hes NOT that level

Him being a child means nothing when he has the feats to back it up unless we're gonna downgrade frieza Saga Gohan because he's "a child who isn't ready to take on powerful opponents on his own"

Well, unlike a child who was trained in martial arts AND was told that he was stronger than his own father, I don't see how that is equivalent to Atreus who had no chances to take on a minor god and who would have obvious difficulties taking on the stronger, heavier fodder enemies.

I have nothing against Atreus I never said anything was wrong with his fights with Baldur but it's because he's a child is why he can't be on their level. Take out Kratos and tell me the chances he has of fighting Baldur, Magni or Modi if he's on their level.

His arrows do minimal damage and can be hardly considered as harmful considering we're talking about gods who easily take on much more than a simple arrow to the knee. They wince from the pain and continue on their merry way. He was barely breathing from one punch from Baldur, every other god held him by the throat the moment he tried to attack them. Don't just dismiss the other details and try to hide behind a false equivalence. He's not on their level BECAUSE he's a child. It's an obvious disadvantage especially since there isn't anything to give this substantial scaling outside of tag teaming with his pops.

Put him up in the tier 6 rating based on what? Anyone can take up a bow/knife/blade and damage gods in the verse, their skin isn't made of steel as I've said before. Same as most other verses that doesn't make an emphasis on being automatically unhurt from weaker beings like DBZ. Does that mean every enemy that has a weapon or sufficient strength can go up to the tier 6 rating because it can harm a god?

Kadmus Prime said:
Shadowwaker said:
The Blades of Chaos fire isn't a hax, it's flames aren't normal fire and supposedly it's strong enough to survive in Hel. Well since we didn't get any specifics on how long Odin can stay in hel (since all it says that he couldn't survive the cold) it's fine if he was able to stay in hel for a short while since he was actually visibly shaking from the cold.

i believe it's hax since normal fire can't burn in hel. The real question : is the hax useful in versus combat ?

The blades were crafted in the depths of Hades, wouldn't it make sense to label it hellfire manipulation? Kratos is also capable of summoning meteorites kind of like the Valkyrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back