• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer's speed and strength

Blogs are made for calculations more than anything. You should put the reasonings in the CRT itself. I'll copypaste it here.

"I saw this blog a user made https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/Goblin_Slayer_dodges_an_arrow in which he calculate's Goblin Slayer's speed. The calculation is fine, however the problem is that he used a panel that was not a feat, it was more so an exaggeration to make Goblin Slayer look strong. I say this because in every fight aside from these few panels, he was shown to be much slower. He couldn't dodge neither the Goblin Champion nor the Ogre and those 2 aren't fast. In fact they had trouble dodging arrows that the Elf shot at him. That same Ogre couldn't even land a hit on Goblin Slayer's party. here are some pictures

• The same ogre that landed a hit on him got hit by an arrow and couldn't hit the dwarf.

Now here are the calculations for his strength based on the picture above:

Length = 4.04 m

Width = 1.06 m

Height = 0.53 m

Volume = length x width x height = 2269672 cm^3

Density of stone is 1.6 g/cm^3

Mass = volume x density = 2269672 x 1.6 = 3631475.2 grams = 3631.4752 kg and this is assuming the whole coffin was one huge solid lump of stone. If it was empty It would weigh less than half of what we got. The lizard priest is clearly the strongest seeing as he was able to hold a huge ass iron mirror on his own so It's pretty obvious most of the pushing was done by him. And speaking of pushing, it's easier than lifting and Goblin Slayer was unable to push that coffin alone, even if we consider friction, so I think his strength shouldn't be superhuman. In fact I'd say he's at best peak human. Pulling a cart full of farm products isn't superhuman. If anything pulling it for the long distances just shows endurance.

Now for his speed I showed many example of him not being supersonic+. That one panel of him dodging at point blank was only there to make him look cool. The author has shown him in many fights getting beat and bested by people who can hardly dodge an arrow shot from a distance. His fight with the goblin lord is more proof. The lords are stated to be weaker than the champions and are the "leaders" or "planners" of the goblins and that goblin lord beat him up pretty badly. He couldn't even dodge or block his attacks and I can guarantee you that goblin lord doesn't fight at the speed of sound. Please fix his lifting strength and speed."

There is some problem with his dura, specially the part where a gobo lord cut stright through his shield.

Well, the obvious problem here is that:

Goblin Champion is far stronger than Goblin Lord

Goblin Lord one shots GS if he hits.

GS survives an attack from Goblin Champion. (He doesn't survive it really, but he does keep fighting for a minute or two before dying)

Well this kinda goes with what I said about his speed. It's inconsistent. It's exaggerated when it fits the plot. Goblin slayer is weaker than the lord, but not by a lot, yet as you said he could get one shotted by him. Same for the arrow dodging feat. Every fight he's been in he never once moved at the speed of sound, in fact even the priestess is able to follow his movements so unless she has super vision there's no way he's supersonic.

I mean, other characters seeing someone far faster is a common plothole in most fiction, so that isn't the best reasoning.

Goblins being not much faster than arrows, and yet Gobo slayer needing to actually use tactic least he'd get overwhelmed.

Exactly. If he's supersonic then he should have landed 50 hits before the goblin lord could even blink. And he should have sliced up the champion a few hundred slashes before he could even lift his club. But instead he only uses his supersonic speed in one page of the manga where it's pretty obvious that he was able to do it just to make him seem cool.

That would just mean the Goblin Lord scales to his speed though Goblin Slayer speed being inconsistent is a good point.

But the thing is goblin lord should not be supersonic, because he's only slightly faster than goblin slayer, who had trouble dodging both the ogre and the champion, both of which can't dodge arrows and couldn't land a hit on the dwarf. But yeah like I said his speed is inconsistent.

Draft changes:

Version Passage
Old Attack Potency: Wall level (Can injure Goblin Champions, Hobgoblins and Goblin Lords), higher with the Gate Scroll (He used it as a weapon by creating a portal to the bottom of the ocea. The high-pressure jet coming out of it was powerful enough to one-shot a Ogre and absorb a massive fireball he had created)
Speed: SuperHuman with Supersonic+ reactions (Able to react and dodge an arrow at point-blank range)

Lifting Strength: SuperHuman (Pulls carts of Farm goods for long distances)

Striking Strength: Wall Class

Durability:
Wall level (Barely survived an attack from a Goblin Champion, who is strong enough to destroy a stone pillar)
New Attack Potency: At most Wall level (Can injure Goblin Champions, Hobgoblins and Goblin Lords), higher with the Gate Scroll (He used it as a weapon by creating a portal to the bottom of the ocea. The high-pressure jet coming out of it was powerful enough to one-shot a Ogre and absorb a massive fireball he had created)
Speed: SuperHuman with fluctuating Subsonic to Supersonic+ reactions (Able to react and dodge an arrow at point-blank range - faster than the goblin can see and act)

Lifting Strength: SuperHuman (Pulls carts of Farm goods for long distances)

Striking Strength: At most Wall Class

Durability:
At most Wall level (Barely survived an attack from a Goblin Champion and kept fighting for a minute or two before collapsing - the Goblin Champion is strong enough to destroy a stone pillar)

He didn't die. In the novel Sword Maiden stated that there is no such thing as reviving people from death. He was still alive after the first assault. About the revision, I'm okay with Jasonsith's draft

We don't have to put "At most", even if GB were 50 times weaker than the Goblin Champion, he would still be 9-B.

Also, I don't understand what's wrong with Supersonic+ GB, the fact that the Goblin Lord isn't able to dodge arrows is just an inconsistency, or the arrows used against him were just faster.

And to say that the panel is there to make GB look cool is not even an argument.

Needs a second draft then?

(And we still do not have profiles for other casts of the GS verse)

His speed shouldn't be between subsonic and supersonic+. He's subsonic only. I showed proof of him dodging an arrow to be inconsistent as he got hit with far slower guys like the goblin lord, champion, and the ogre. There is no other scene with him being as fast as dodging an arrow except for that one scene which again was shown to make him look cool rather than a proper feat. He's not that fast. And as for his lifting strength, I still think it needs a nerf since pulling carts full of vegetables for long distances shows more endurance than strength, and he hasn't lifted anything heavy so he should be peak human at most. But other than those 2 things the rest seems ok to me.

Since it's a revision thread, I was wondering: at the end of manga's vol.3 (near the end of the first novel) it's said that the gods, which includé Fate and Hasard themself can't decide what will happen to the Goblin Slayer, shouldn't this be a Resistance to Fate and Probability manipulation ?

Not really. I mean all he does is kill goblins instead of doing what the others are doing like work a normal job or go on regular adventures. So maybe him doing something unusual is confusing to them. At least that's how I see it.

I don't really think it's just this, one picture show a god roll the dice and GS's piece being like "nope I decide this", and the part about him just killing goblins is after this.

Your main argument is based on disbelief, the Goblin Champion could perfectly attack at Supersonic+ speeds, but still be unable to dodge arrows, of course this is assuming that the arrows used against them were simply not faster, something you haven't responded to yet. Also, there are many feats that are only there to make the characters look cool, but that doesn't invalidate them in any way.

GB can strangle the Goblin Champion with a rope, so his lifting strength should remain Superhuman.

The arrows were obviously faster since the elf shot them. However they were shot from a distance, unlike the one fired by the goblin which was point blank, meaning in this case the goblins arrow was faster. That said, he still wasnt able to dodge it and was able to land a hit on goblin slayer. And since you're talking about feats not being invalidated, remember that time king vegeta took out 3 planets with the flick of his wrist, while vegeta needed his full strength to be able to destroy the earth? Yet I don't see him being stated as stronger than vegeta. Same thing here, every single fight he's been in he never was as fast as a bullet yet this one page in the year one manga shows him dodging at point blank and now he's faster than a speeding bullet? And as for him strangling the champion, that feat could be done with peak human strength. He used long hair, not rope to strangle him and the surface area of hair is so small so the pressure would be a lot if you apply some force.

Then the elf's arrows are Supersonic+. King Vegeta's feat is actually valid, but it's only for the anime version, and Vegeta never said he can only destroy the earth using his full strength, since even Piccolo is capable of destroying the earth at the beginning of the saga.

>every single fight he's been in he never was as fast as a bullet

I don't get it, they already showed his reaction speed with that feat, and no, he is not faster than a bullet, it's just his reactions. The Goblin Champion is at least Class 10 via height alone, so strangling him is an obvious superhuman feat, not to mention there are real-life humans who are Class 5.

You completely misunderstood everything. The elf's arrows are not even close to the speed of sound. They're just arrows. Sure they are special elf arrows, but they are still just arrows. The goblin's arrow was point blank meaning it's harder to dodge. That said, assuming goblin slayer is supersonic+ and dodged that point blank shot, then why couldn't he dodge a hit from the ogre, who couldn't dodge the arrow that was clearly not shot at point blank, and clearly not faster than a bullet? And for the king vegeta feat, he raised his arm and removed 3 planets simultaneously like nothing. There are guides in dragon ball that state a minimum power level of 10000 is needed to destroy ONE planet, king vegeta was 12000 and completely erased 3. It doesn't make sense. Just like goblin slayer being faster than a bullet. Did you even read the manga? Did you see his fights? Name one time where he has supersonic+ reactions aside from that one page. Can't think of any, can you? Because he isn't that fast. He got shat on by the goblin lord, champion, and ogre who are all slower than a speeding bullet. Remember neither of them can dodge arrows. In fact the goblin lord couldn't dodge dirt that goblin slayer threw at his eyes, which i am 110% sure it didn't travel at the speed of sound. And him being superhuman is again an exaggeration since he coulnd't push a casket which I calculated as being class 5. Not lift, but push. And we all know how pushing is easier than lifting an entire object off the ground. However choking that goblin champion was possible because he used hair to strangle him and it has small surface area. Do I have to repeat myself twice? And since when was saiyan saga piccolo able to wipe out planets? Before he trained with gohan he was moon level. Get your facts right.

I can't take this argument seriously anymore, you are saying they are not supersonic because... you said it? Because you can't believe it? And you even said the elf's arrows are special, so why they can't be supersonic? Also, the Goblin Champion being able to attack at supersonic speeds doesn't necessary mean his reactions are the same, humans can attack at subsonic speeds with some weapons like baseball bats, but they obviously can't react at those speeds.

>in fact the goblin lord couldn't dodge dirt that goblin slayer threw at his eyes

I guess Dragon Ball characters are Below Average Human in speed because this tactic has worked on some of them.

You really don't follow Dragon Ball, Piccolo destroying the moon was calculated at Planet level, and we don't use guidebooks.

The Goblin Champion's durability is vastly superhuman, so strangling him would be comparable to strangling something much stronger than a dinosaur.

Fyi, goblins have the physical strength of a child their size, according to lore. That said, the humans in Goblin Slayer are physically stronger than real life for the most part.

Although a Goblin Champion/Lord and a normal Goblin are completely different things in terms of power.

Digupthehatchet said:
And since when was saiyan saga piccolo able to wipe out planets? Before he trained with gohan he was moon level. Get your facts right.
Kinetic energy is a thing. Blowing up Planet Earth in most of fiction usually wields Large Planet level or even Dwarf Star level energy because the fragments go flying that fast. Part of the reason why Piccolo and Nardoe are Planet level: They blew up a moon-sized object at massively hypersonic speeds.

You only need to hurl/blow up the moon at Mach 257 to be Planet level, BTW.

And for Earth, throwing it/blowing it up at the same speed counts as Large Planet level.

You keep saying he's supersonic because he dodged that one arrow but literally every single fight he's been in aside from this one has him getting hit by much slower things. And you're saying the goblin lord couldn't dodge the dirt because it hit his eyes? Well my whole point was that he wasn't fast enough to make sure it didnt hit his eyes, yet he was still able to practically shit on goblin slayer. Goblin Slayer had trouble dodging him, just like he did with the champion and the ogre, who are both unable to dodge arrows. And about the elf's arrow, dodging it from long range is easier than dodging a goblin arrow at point blank. And there's no way her arrows are supersonic. Her arrows are faster, yes, but to go as far as make them fly faster than bullets is just illogical. And how the hell did you conclude that the goblin champion is supersonic? Show me just one panel of goblin slayer performing another supersonic feat and I'll close this thread. Just one. Show me a manga page of him using his amazing supersonic speed aside from the arrow one and prove me wrong.

Is there a reason to believe the arrow feat isn't a high end/outlier rather than a consistent thing? Does he have anything else showing a similar level or consistent level of speed?

I'm not saying that him being subsonic due to an arrow dodge is wrong, I'm just wondering about how consistent he can do it. If its a one off thing then he probably shouldn't be supersonic.

Back