• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer's speed and strength

Digupthehatchet said:
And there's no way her arrows are supersonic. Her arrows are faster, yes, but to go as far as make them fly faster than bullets is just illogical.
You don't need supersonic arrows to be supersonic. It's about how fast you move away from it.

Roland Deschain has Subsonic movement speed for keeping up with Randall Flagg, who deflected a Transonic bullet.

But it would be best if one can find a similar arrow-dodging feat.

Qawsedf234 said:
I'm just wondering about how consistent he can do it. If its a one off thing then he probably shouldn't be supersonic.
Does this count? Hmm. Maybe not as it's unknown when he bothered to swing, but he did, and it's in the dark with the torch in hand being the only light.

Gobs

I think it adds evidence that he can react to arrows if nothing else. I guess if we want like, complete accuracy the calc would need to be redone with a child archer in mind.

I don't think here is any proper way to calculate it. I suppose there might be some, but I don't know how far the draw lenght is, so even if I used the average draw weight for a normal child (10 lbs. But even this is somewhat wrong because the arrows not being made for professional compound bows), I couldn't tell you the speed of it

Even if its a high end, a 10-15 pound draw weight will at least set what the maximum possible speed GS would need to move in order to dodge the arrow.

Sure.

There are other problems like:

The minor ones, like how Thereif's calc made him move a bit too much to the side me thinks. Nothing too bad, Gobo's height is around 180 cm or more (note that his feet are below the 0 cm mark.), acceleration would likely play some role in there, etc. But there are definitely some extra cm moved than needed there

The weight of the arrow is difficult to guess (medieval ones often go up into 80 grams, but that makes calculating the speed... impossible). Especially since this one is a "crude, stone-headed arrow". And we would still need to assume the goblin actually drew the bow to it's full potential as "the goblin was frankly a terrible archer. "

Does anyone remember at what point in the manga or lightnovel the Supersonic feat happened?

For exemple, going in here and putting some of the new numbers in (290 IBO rating for slower recurved bows, 35 cm for draw lenght) would make the arrow merely 15.584 m/s, and the feat (And by extenson GB) would be 228 m/s (Subsonic+)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Does anyone remember at what point in the manga or lightnovel the Supersonic feat happened?
Its from Chapter 14 of the prequel series

It's obvious that he only moved sideways, twisting his body more than moving, with his face moving much less than his body. Which comes with the problem that what Thereif assumed is nearly twice as much as needed there with the green line in the third image.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's obvious that he only moved sideways, twisting his body more than moving, with his face moving much less than his body. Which comes with the problem that what Thereif assumed is nearly twice as much as needed there with the green line in the third image.
Nevermind this, the image being zoomed in made me see it wrong.

This however still applies:

Ricsi-viragosi said:
For example, going in here and putting some of the new numbers in (290 IBO rating for slower recurved bows, 35 cm for draw length and 285 grams for the arrow) would make the arrow merely 15.584 m/s, and the feat (And by extension GB) would be 228 m/s (Subsonic+)

So based on your calculations he is subsonic, right? I saw the other picture of goblin slayer blocking an arrow in the dark but then again it wasn't fired at close range so it doesn't count for much. So I guess the most logical thing for goblin slayer is that he is subsonic+. It makes the most sense if you ask me.

I have no problem with the arrow being slower, since it was shot by a Goblin and with a small bow.

I think the torch is a poor light source for seeing arrows a bit of distance away. That's just me though, I can't find any on how far a torch can allow someone to see.

Gemmysaur said:
I think the torch is a poor light source for seeing arrows a bit of distance away. That's just me though, I can't find any on how far a torch can allow someone to see.
The Light Novel states that a normal human shouldn't have been able to see it, but that the darkness is gobo slayers element.

Though, wih how poor their arrows speeds are according to the site I linked about, it doesn't matter much, since the feat Thereif did could be used with it.

Back