• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer Ability Upgrades: Magic Scroll Edition

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Never watched this or read the manga. But there are some obvious abilities missing.

Abilities

• Light Manipulation: Any magic scroll used gives off an intense light. This is extremely limited in use, and is just a side effect of the scroll itself, but still.
  • Portal Creation: Gate Scroll is the only scroll shown (so far). It is used to open a portal on the paper to any position or coordinates set by the user.
  • BFR: Interestingly enough, this is still the Gate Scroll. The Goblin Slayer used it as a weapon, opening the portal to the bottom of the ocean and sending his enemy there.
  • Enhanced Senses: Goblin Slayer is supposed to have extremely conditioned senses, and is perfectly aware of his surroundings because of this. This includes detecting enemies in total pitch darkness due to enhanced hearing.
More abilities will likely come later, but these are what is there for now. I believe magic scrolls will give a fair amount of abilities in the future, but still.

He cannot set the magic scroll by himself. He needed the help of Sorceress to set the location of the spell. Enhanced senses is already on his profile. About BFR, well, he didn't send the enemy there, he summoned the water from the bottom of the ocean and used it like a big water jet cutter. I would like to talk more about the BFR, but that would be spoiler from the newest volume.

I know. But he does have it. Or. Had it, I guess is more accurate. it should be noted he has one use for it. But still. It'd be like saying D&D fighters shouldn't have the abilities of their magic items because someone else put the magic there.

Also, fair enough, but feel free to withhold it for at least a week or two to avoid spoiling it for any active readers.

I don't mind if they put it as his standard equipment or not (I heard there was a thread about this). What he should have on his profile is preparation. Depending of the setting, if he has time and resources, he can get or create his own items.

True enough. Preparation does seem fitting.

Maybe? If anyone wants to list that off, that'd be cool.

I'm not an avid reader of the manga, so I personally cannot help with that. However, you do seem knowledgeable on the verse. Why don't you list a small rundown of each item (which requires prep time) and their abilities?

Me?

I've never even touched it.

I make threads on a lot of things. I like how the character looks, and asked someone knowledgeable from the wiki on the subject for information on magic scrolls in the verse.

I mean

Mostly what they did was link me. Sadly.

Probably? There are quite a few of them, I'm also waiting that Soul Calibur downgrade so I can make Meruem fight off some SC guys.

I don't think the abilities should be added to the profile, the only thing that should be added is the fact he can access such an item and the description of its mechanics.

That's how abilities work tho

Back