• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
TriforcePower1 said:
From what I've been told, Gray Boy's ability's temporal looping, which shouldn't be able to stop GER's zero revert.
Yeah you have a point. And considering how Giorno could just one-shot with GER, this feels like a stomp.

It also says on the profile that Gray Boy can use time loops as a defense, similar to how GER reverses actions.

From what I've seen of his profile, his time loops aren't actually passive abilities and need him to activate them. GER is definitely going to RtZ that before it can do anything useful. As long as he needs to 'do' something before he uses his powers, GER is definitely stopping it.

And looking at the rest of the profile, Giorno could one-shot him with no problem. Though I could be missing something here.

Planck69 said:
And looking at the rest of the profile, Giorno could one-shot him with no problem. Though I could be missing something here.
You're missing that his loop is actually passive for himself, and would just reverse time for himself before he got his head smashed in.

GER can't really put him down, although it should be able to undo any loops Giorno is trapped in. It can't un-do Gray Boy's passive loop given that existed prior to the fight beggining and isn't a direct attack towards Giono.

So this is probably just an incon; unless we count GB's Shard running out in several millenia as a win for Giorno.

Yeah, no. We don't know if GioGio is immortal with GER or not so this is inconclusive.

Wouldn't it be better to assume he isn't? This just feels like one of those things we would consider for the sake of discussion but can agree to at least for the sake of reaching a better conclusion for the match.

Granted, for all I know GER may Return to Zero his age anyway so he doesn't die... maybe'?

I don't think either can really do much to the other here.

Gray boy doesn't really age normally, though in the very far future his shard would eventually run dry so i guess he would be more likely to outlive if things go that far.

I guess I'll go incon given that we have no idea either way

Cannot Giorno still RtZ Gray Boy's loops? The fact that they aren't an attack to Giorno only prevents RtZ from being passive, it doesn't prevent RtZ by itself. The whole thing about the Death Loop is an application of RtZ on Diavolo's death.

You know what? I retract my vote.

GER nopes any attempt of Gray Boy and one-shots. After which its infinite death loop where Gray Boy doesn't get to loop to prior to RtZ, because RtZ's death loop is from just before Gray Boy's death to his death, so Gray Boy's loop that usually saves him from death or incap doesn't even come into play.

Besides, RtZ is stronger hax potency-wise since it reversed time erasure.

Have a shitty diagram I made to explain:

Loopylooploop

Why would he not die when he gets one shot, and why is there so much space between his death and his looping

Because I don't want you to grab a microscope to see.

Also, one's consciousness persists for a while after a sudden death, no matter how short.

There isn't a lethal hit that wouldn't instantly kill him because loop would just auto undo it otherwise, it doesnt really take time to act. However, gray boy loses (and is consequently stomped rip) anyways for a bit of a different reason.

Powers in worm are linked to this one part of the brain that acts as a gateway to a pocket universe where the bearer's shard resides. However, moditifations to tjie can modify powers, and destruction of it would remove the power. This actually did happen to someone once. King (Worm) is normally unable to br harmed, as anything just gets offloaded to a random guy. However, The Number Ma was able to use his power to pinpoint tjis area and direct Jack Slash to destroy it, bypassing his power in tje process. This should also be possible against gray boy, not giving the power a chance to work. Giorno definitely doesn't havw the precision needed for that, but he does have the AP to just pop Gray Boy's head entirely and dear it along with everything else, and gray boy can't just manually loop him.

So yeah, Giorno can't really have a fair match I guess

Wokistan said:
This should also be possible against gray boy, not giving the power a chance to work. Giorno definitely doesn't havw the precision needed for that, but he does have the AP to just pop Gray Boy's head entirely and dear it along with everything else, and gray boy can't just manually loop him.
Discussed this on discord, GB's loop worked through his head getting smashed in, worked after he was already dead, etc.

He clearly doesn't have the same weakness as King.

lolnope what? Gray Boy's personal time loop?

How far can GER revert things back? His personal loop is something that's existed since he triggered.

Dargoo Faust said:
Isn't that part of Giorno's reset?
Hard to say since Diavolo willpower was never 0 to begin with, but GER just no u. And GER manip is not about time, but causality.

Casuality is actually a product of time and how we experience it. If time were to flow backwards, for example, cause and effect would be reversed.

Although you have a fair point. I don't recall Diavolo's willpower being reset to zero, however, just any actions he took towards Giorno. Was this something that only happened in the manga?

GER doesn't remove your will to live, the willpower reset is a part of the return to zero and is part of why you die forever. It is never elaborated upon or further explained.

Back