• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Diagla can fall victim towards Casualty then I don't really see how it can win to be honest. Unless Dialga cannot possibly die it would fall victim to GER's LOD punch to reset its inevitable death back to 0.

However regarding to the actual loop that Dialgo will be placed in it seems all abilities the person has will be stripped of them as they expierence the indefinate loops of death. The example coming from the fact that Diavolo was unable in using KC from saving himself at all from any of his deaths. The same may apply to Dialga.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
As long as Dialga can fall victim towards Casualty then I don't really see how it can win to be honest. Unless Dialga cannot possibly die it would fall victim to GER's LOD punch to reset its inevitable death back to 0.
However regarding to the actual loop that Dialga will be placed in it seems all abilities the person has will be stripped of them as they expierence the indefinate loops of death. The example coming from the fact that Diavolo was unable in using KC from saving himself at all from any of his deaths. The same may apply to Dialga.
Well for one, Dialga's kinda immortal, and everywhere and nowhere with omnipresence. On the other thing, ehh... I'm not entirely sure. In the thread against someone with All-Fiction (I don't remember whether it was Medaka or Misogi), the arguement that made it inconclusive was that even if (and probably when) GER kills that character, they'll come back regardless with All-Fiction. And actual question: do Stands disappear when one dies?

For Dialga's immortalitiy I want an exact rating. As long as Dialga can be possibly killed then it falls victim to GER's LOD punch unfortunately.

Also being everywhere and nowhere would put itself directly in GER's stand range. And in this range all attacks Dialga throws out will just be reset and made redundant.

The problem is that I don't have much knowledge for Misogi so I cant really have a good idea on where matchup would lead into. However because GER seems to be 4D while Misogi/Medaka appears to be 3D. All Fiction would be rendered absolutely useless.

And yes stands dissapear when the user dies. However in the case of Requiem stands I myself am not particularly sure. An example was that Polnareff's requiem stand was allowed to operate even though Pol had technically died. However I may be wrong on this one in particular.

This may be inconclusive because I am not so sure if Willpower hax would work to immobolise Dialga nor would I think that GER can tag an omnipresent being. However because Dialga is always within GER's stand range neither would be able to really kill eachother.

Oh. I wasn't wondering about Requiem. Requiem revives Giorno no matter what. I figured that one a long time ago. I was wondering about King Crimson and Diavolo.

Oh. And Dialga has types 4, 5, and 8. Exists with time, immortality via Arceus, and cosmic being with death low on thieir list of worries (I inadvertently did that backwards). He did exist prior to the universe along with Palkia and Giratina.

These are the requirements for being a Immortal Level 5 being. However because Dialga is probably not tier 5 immortal because if they were then the tier would be far higher than it is currently.

And because of this Dialgo is still in the realms of being able to die. Therefore GER's LOD can take effect.

Polnareff was still alive... in the turtle's body, but still alive, so his Stand functioned.

I don't think immortality is mentioned on the Creation Trio's page but if it was it would be something like Type 1, Type 2 and Type 8.

Alright. I get that. Not 5th immortality. That applies to people like the Overmonitor and Azathoth. However, types 4 and 8 should be enough to tank the Loop of Death, as Arceus is above GER's capabilities(which is what type 4 is. Immortality via a higher being), and correct me if I'm wrong, but GER can't permanently get rid of time, can he?. Saying it can override immortality is like saying the LoD could work on say, Frisk w/ max determination. Oh, and Dialga should have type 1, but I didn't think that was worth mentioning.

Dialga is capable of dying yes, but only because there are such things of higher tiers. He can only die from being wiped from existance. If some universal+ sword cut off its head, the immortal factor should and would prevent its death. None of the loops that happened to Diavolo should be capable of happening to Dialga, unless it's existance wiping each time, which is unlikely. Also, even on the off chance that Gio can kill Dialga, Dialga should be able to break out of an eternal loop seeing how it can manipulate eternity, and it IS eternity.

However, I am less certain that Dialga can beat Gio too than I was before, so I'm moving into inconclusive with you.

EDIT: This comment was originally typed prior to Mighty's response.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I don't think immortality is mentioned on the Creation Trio's page but if it was it would be something like Type 1, Type 2 and Type 8.
Shouldn't it have type 4 too due to Arceus?

The real cal howard said:
TheMightyRegulator said:
Shouldn't it have type 4 too due to Arceus?
You're mistaken about GER's LOD.

Dialga can only tank it if they ar immune to casualty which they are not. Also GER does not ovveride its immortality at all. It just resets whatever death Dialga may have in the future and then brings it to a point of 0 and loops indefinately technically bringing it back from death each and every time. It's a fairly complicated power say the least.

Also this match is inconclusive. Neither party can kill eachother due to a speed difference.

I believe I am mistaken. I know it's incredibly haxxed, but to me the death looks to to 0 thing seems more like granting immortality on paper/by description, but in practice it's the exact opposite according anyone with any sense. It's basically hell.

But yeah. Inconclusive. I'll put it under requests.

No Arceus doesn't actively protect any of them. It generally spends eternity sleeping away in its home dimension when it's not protecting mankind.

TheMightyRegulator said:
No Arceus doesn't actively protect any of them. It generally spends eternity sleeping away in its home dimension when it's not protecting mankind.
yeah i think if something happens he just revives them or makes a new dialga...

I thought 4 was when they are granted immortality from a godly being. I didn't think that godly being had to be actively protecting them. And Arceus did grant them their immortality, by well, making them immortal.

very true, heck when dialga and palkia were fighting, they didn't care that space and time were getting torn apart.

I thought 4 was when they are granted immortality from a godly being. I didn't think that godly being had to be actively protecting them. And Arceus did grant them their immortality, by well, making them immortal.
No. Type 4 is immortality granted by godhood or from the protection of a deity. Arceus really doesn't care about them tbh... See Juggernaut. He's not just granted Immortality. He's being actively protected.

Wait, is type 4 also via being a god? If so, then the 4 creation trio ARE gods. If not, I have 0 further points and you win.

well being a god shouldn't automatically grant you type 4 immortality right? i mean look at GoW gods.

Wait, is type 4 also via being a god? If so, then the 4 creation trio ARE gods. If not, I have 0 further points and you win.
No, Type 4 is having protection from another God. Dialga being a god is not enough

How does Dialga's speed upgrade affect this match?
Same has every giorno match is dialga acausal? if no then GER resets its attacks to zero and then lod punch. Its either stomp or get stomped with giorno

Either way, we have a rule now against bumping threads that have been added so, sorry Cal, I'll have to close this. Then I'll finally sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back