• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gingerbread Man vs Mr. Burns

This fight was never finished before GBM's profile got deleted. I moved his profile to the Joke Battles Wiki. Now we can finish this fight, starting over from the beginning. The result will be added only to GBM's profile, since that's how battles involving Joke Battle profiles work. This is still a serious fight.

Speed is equalized. Burns is hungry, making him want to fight GBM.

Burns

GBM

Considering it's JBW, it may be relevant that the Gingerbread Man can survive exiting the oven & landing on the floor, & survive the KE of his own running, although he has no showings of surviving impacts, & canonically was killed by a fox, which are 10-C.

Given that Burns is hungry, he'll probably go after it, & probably bare-handed. Burns can lift things like bowling balls, baseball bats & firearms, so he could easily overpower the Gingerbread Man by LS.

Even if the Gingerbread Man could punch or kick or such without cracking his ostensibly brittle, gingerbread body, with speed equalized, he'd be hard pressed to evade Burns's grasp. Burns has survived stronger things than a cookie's arm moving its full range of motion, & if the Gingerbread Man tried ramming him, he'd probably severely damage, if not destroy himself, considering he could be broken by a fox's bite.

So I'd say Gingerbread Man attacking Burns is suicide. He probably lacks the size to deal notable damage with regular attacks -& could possibly be evaded just by Burns moving given the cookie's tiny range of motion- if he rammed himself, he'd severely damage himself or worse, & Mr. Burns, even if he struggles with things like lifting baseball bats, is still lifting them, meaning he could probably overpower, if not break The Gingerbread Man in his grasp.

Voting Mr. Burns. The Gingerbread Man's only means of offense seem so unfavorable that he'd likely lose before Mr. Burns's Stamina runs out.

If this is Mr. Burns at his lowest showings, then Gingerbread Man wins

Assuming the Gingerbread Man is in-character, bro was able to outrun everyone else in an entire town, and despite ther speed equalization, the Gingerbread Man has vastly superior stamina and would be able to outlast Mr. Burns extremely quickly and easily by just running away

Assuming the Gingerbread Man actually tries to fight, then a single blow would launch Mr. Burns into space considering a camera flash could knock him back.

Even if this is Mr. Burns at his best, he can't catch up to the Gingerbread Man in any capacity before collapsing

If this is Mr. Burns at his lowest showings, then Gingerbread Man wins

Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.
Assuming the Gingerbread Man is in-character, bro was able to outrun everyone else in an entire town, and despite ther speed equalization, the Gingerbread Man has vastly superior stamina and would be able to outlast Mr. Burns extremely quickly and easily by just running away
In theory, he could try to hit & run, but outright fleeing? Some have argued that "playing keep away", so to speak, isn't allowed in Versus Battles matches.

State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle. Characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.
Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law.

Plus, that assumes the Gingerbread Man will have the smarts to stay away despite the hostility provided by SBA.
Assuming the Gingerbread Man actually tries to fight, then a single blow would launch Mr. Burns into space considering a camera flash could knock him back.
If it was Mr. Burns at his weakest, which it seems to not be, given SBA.
Even if this is Mr. Burns at his best, he can't catch up to the Gingerbread Man in any capacity before collapsing
True, but as long he merely needs to catch his breath & doesn't fall unconscious, Mr. Burns at his best can probably handle a few hits from someone a tiny fraction of his size trying to puncture his clothes & flesh, which won't do much against Mr. Burns at his best, or even just not his worst in 10-C.

This could depend on whether Gingy decides to run and tire him out or face him in actual combat. This may be a case where one opponent may have to try and manipulate the other. Burns has social influencing, and GM is somewhat gullible. Maybe Burns could try and trick him into coming closer. What do you think about that, Mickey?

This could depend on whether Gingy decides to run and tire him out or face him in actual combat. This may be a case where one opponent may have to try and manipulate the other. Burns has social influencing, and GM is somewhat gullible. Maybe Burns could try and trick him into coming closer. What do you think about that, Mickey?
That's what the man would typically do in character. Runaway and taunt.

Why is the man on JBW? He is like, a notably famous character in a children's book. Is he not that famous or notable?

Would Burns be able to use his SI to trick GM? He did get tricked by a fox.
Probably. He could say like "Oh, I own several confectionary manufacturing companies! I could not only give you a Gingerbread House, but a Gingerbread Mansion! Then no one would be able to eat you & you'd live in luxury for the rest of your tiny little life! All you have to do is come shake my hand...."

At least, that's what I imagine. Considering he's been willing to try & steal candy from a baby & is literally an evil businessman, I could believe him trying something like this.

Hmm...I will go and ask for other opinions on that today.

For now though, would anyone, even someone as gullible as Gingy, be able to fall for this trick from Burns after the fact that he already tried to eat them? What reason would Gingy have for believing Burns changed his mind and wants to help him? Any thoughts, Imaginym?

Last edited:
Hmm...I will go and ask for other opinions on that today.

For now though, would anyone, even someone as gullible as Gingy, be able to fall for this trick from Burns after the fact that he already tried to eat them? What reason would Gingy have for believing Burns changed his mind and wants to help him? Any thoughts, Imaginym?
The man knows everyone tried to eat him so far, and yet, he still got eaten by the fox

Yes, but the fox didn't try to catch him, fail, and then try to trick him after the fact. If Burns were to try the trick after having already tried to eat the GM, that would require a special kind of idiocy from the GM to work.

Perhaps Burns could phrase it as admitting defeat to evade him? (Even if actually dodging might be difficult in speed equalized.) Frame it as a show of respect or such.
Or claim he's just trying to grab gingy to measure him?

Also, IIRC, The Gingerbread Man fled everyone, & only took the fox to cross the water; Beyond that fox's offer, he has little experience or showings with anyone offering him anything, & the only time has him accepting.

Mythology and folklore profiles got banned on VSBW long ago, practically for the same reasons Composite Human got banned

Anyway, Burns FRA
this verison of the gingerbread man is 100% fictional and not a composite. Lots of fiction you know is based off of real life and folklore (and I already established this version of the man is distinct from that). Plenty of people like you can give examples from your own fav fictions.

That doesn't make a lot of sense here. I could understand if it's like greek myth. But this story is easy to interpret.

Can you remind me why folklore isn't allowed?

Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.
oh whoops
I stand corrected
In theory, he could try to hit & run, but outright fleeing? Some have argued that "playing keep away", so to speak, isn't allowed in Versus Battles matches.

State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle. Characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.
Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law.
I stand corrected once again
True, but as long he merely needs to catch his breath & doesn't fall unconscious, Mr. Burns at his best can probably handle a few hits from someone a tiny fraction of his size trying to puncture his clothes & flesh, which won't do much against Mr. Burns at his best, or even just not his worst in 10-C.
well Burns at his best can use a baseball bat so ig he kinda just wins here

changing my vote to Mr. Burns

well Burns at his best can use a baseball bat so ig he kinda just wins here
Mind, he doesn't use it in the "play baseball" sense. As a GIF on his profile shows, he lifts it, & attempts to swing it to hit someone on the head.
He can move it about, but quickly loses the stamina for it.

Still, I assume a solid wood baseball bat weighs several times that of a Gingerbread Man, & he can lift & move it, albeit, with concerted effort.
changing my vote to Mr. Burns
Fair enough.

Mind, he doesn't use it in the "play baseball" sense. As a GIF on his profile shows, he lifts it, & attempts to swing it to hit someone on the head.
He can move it about, but quickly loses the stamina for it.

Still, I assume a solid wood baseball bat weighs several times that of a Gingerbread Man, & he can lift & move it, albeit, with concerted effort.

Fair enough.
It's moreso I'd assume that Mr. Burns's best feats consist of him lifting objects similar in weight to a bat with more ease

idk I don't watch the simpsons and his profile doesn't list his "best feats", so ngl I'm working with assumptions here, sorry about that

Well, I do recall that he can go bowling, & I think he's been shown to fire a gun on some occasions. At least once used a rifle, no?

I know I had stuff that didn't contrib to the debate here, but doesn't the GBM have the slight chance of winning if his toon force downgrades to lower than an ant. Even though he somehow ironically supports his weight by just standing up Yes I know it's fiction, but wouldn't that fact create some disbelief in his 10-C LS antifeats?

Even if GM could exploit Burns' toon-force, while it could be argued he could comedically knock him down like the ant or the sponge, he was relatively unharmed in those instances. Burns could shrug off one or two of those comedic moments and continue pursuing GM. It would take repeated instances of those gags to incapacitate Burns and keep him down. Meanwhile, Burns only needs to grab GM and bite him once.

Anyway, has grace passed or does it only start now that I have responded to the previous point on GM?

Back