• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilthunder Weather Manipulation

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Here Gilthunder creates or draws in a storm.

It was created by him for multiple reasons.

A) It it highly out of place, something which the sins notice themselves.

B) In no other shot was there a rain cloud, and Hawk backs that up by saying he smells rain clouds here specifically.

C) The lightning bolt from it trapped Meliodas in a lightning cage.

D) It happened as Gilthunder arrived.

It could be calced since it should scale to the AP of his abilities. Also, this serves as unequivocal proof that his lightning is natural cloud to ground lightning.

While it was clearly created by Gilthunder, I disagree with your point B. Instead of the cloud specifically being directly over Hawk and the Sins' location, the dialogue means the storm suddenly appeared. The bottom panel shows the storm over the Forest of White Dreams from a point of view where there's no trees, clearly a much larger location than only directly over their position. In addition, the sky is darkened and turbulent far outside the main giant thunder cloud.

Pixel scaling on the 2nd Fanbook's Britannia map gives the forested area in the Forest of White Dreams about 22 km.

I wasn't talking about just the panels here, i was talking about the entire chapter where there's literally no storm in any other shot. Also, Hawk was walking with them the whole time and never ever smells it.

Do you know if Istar is on the map? I might have something that backs up Country level Unsealed Meliodas. We do know it's at least hundreds of miles away.

I'll take a look at the blog, since i agree and was always thinking of talking about an upgrade based on the tree.

Thank you.

Back