• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ghost Rider Immortality...

Doesn't Ghost Rider specifically say that God is the only one able to Destroy the Ghost Rider? Meaning his immortality is Type 4?

So what did Ghost Rider mean when he said that the only person could destroy the Ghost Rider is god? Could it possibly be Type 8?

The "god" in the Ghost Rider series was not portrayed as particularly powerful, as far as I am aware.

The Marvel-Verse is weird when it comes to Monotheistic religions. The god I'm talking about is named Yahweh, and his powers and abilities are unknown. But Zadkiel who stole Yahweh's powers (Briefly mind you), was able to overthrown Heaven and create havoc on the earth.

Creating havoc on Earth with Yahweh's power, is not very impressive though.

The Yahweh in Ghost Rider is Universal, scaling from the various Mephisto-level Demon Lords.

The Judeo-Christian God in Marvel is supposedly just an unusually powerful Skyfather, but they never go into detail with that to avoid controversy. The only time they actually confirmed that was in a Howard the Duck comic that was so out ther it's hard to view as canon.

Well, he is usually considered to be just another skyfather, going by that he appeared in the meetings that Odin hosted with the Earthly pantheon leaders, to prepare for the coming of the Celestials, but within Ghost Rider, I do not think that he was ever portrayed at anywhere near the 3-B scale.

He is.

He's portrayed as a "Creator of the Universe" type deity.

And we cannot ignore how Zarathos is consistently shown as Mephisto's superior.

Can you find scans of Yahweh being portrayed as a universal being in the Ghost Rider comicbook?

Also, as far as I am aware, Zarathos used to be portrayed as vastly inferior to Mephisto, at least according to what I vaguely recall from the 1980s Marvel handbooks. I think that they stated that Zarathos was just a rather powerful demon that Mephisto punished by placing him in Johnny Blaze, or somesuch.

That said, Ghost Rider is not one of the Marvel comicbooks that I have followed to a noteworthy extent.

I am currently researching Ghost Rider, and part of my research will be reading the whole Zadkiel storyline.

But I can assure you that Zarathos / 100% Zarathos-powered Ghost Rider has repeated instances of defeating Mephisto.

Well, if he has been boosted to being officially above Mephisto, we can probably scale him to 3-B, but we need some scans before assigning such a massive statistics increase.

Here are the statements of that Zadkiel could do with God's power:

One

Two

Edit: This doesn't, in any way, shape or form, scale to Ghost Rider or even Zarathos. Absolutely not.

Okay, but the statements there are not exactly proof of the scale of power that he actually achieved. He simply claimed that if he had continued to absorb more power, he would have been able to conquer the universe. At this point in the story he was simply stated to be able to tweak small aspects of reality on a global scale.

The Mephisto scans would probably be more concrete to scale from.

Ghost Rider seems to be Marvel's Lobo in how inconsistent he is.

He goes fom High 8-C to High 5-A depending on the writer. He's fought Classic 70s Hulk and greatly hurt his baseline self. He's defeated The Abomination. He's fought alongside Hercules and defeated an opponent who beat Herc. He's one-shot Iron Man and an Iron Man level robot, fought Dr.Strange twice, and the entirety of the Avengers' once.

Well, I suppose that a separate 3-B "Full Power/Zarathos" key might be an idea, scaling from Mephisto, while keeping the current one for when he is limited by his human host.

"4-B, Possibly 3-B" for Irrestricted Ghost Rider would be ideal.

Edit: Also, on second thought, Base Ghost Rider definitly doesn't scale to Thor. It was a one-time oddity and he only beat Thor because he could wield Mjolnir. Scaling from Base Hulk level people seems more believable, but still strange.

Okay then, although I think that the correct term is "unrestricted".

I hope I'm not intruding, but IIRC Zadkiel had the power to erase a dzoen of people from existance, the first thing he did when he became a God. Somehow he couldn't use that kind of power against Ghost Rider. Their duel happened in the mini series Ghost Riders (and I'll post you guys some scans if you want).

I am fine with adding resistance to reality warping.

Random thing I found while searching for his Durability. I got this from the Marvel wiki:

• Superhuman Durability: Johnny Blaze is highly resistant to the point of being basically immune to all types of earthly physical damage, as he has taken blows from beings such as the Hulk, had his entire skull destroyed and regenerated instantly without any discomfort, and while the Ghost Rider is in control only divine weapons (forged in Heaven) can harm the Ghost Rider. The Ghost Rider is capable of withstanding great impact forces, temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining injury. As his bodily tissues have been transformed, leaving only a skeleton, most projectiles such as bullets simply pass through him or bounce off his bones. Ghost Rider's body is for all intents immune to physical injury, as he is evidently not able to feel pain and is able to survive with no apparent discomfort no matter how severe the injury (Unless a weapon forged from Heaven itself is used against him).
I also found this thing on Screenrant, and I'm pretty sure this guy is overexagerrating but I'll post it anyway. http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-ghost-rider-unknown-superpowers/?view=all

Number 7 on the list.

Breaking it up.

"Johnny Blaze is highly resistant to the point of being basically immune to all types of earthly physical damage (...)"

If you are talking of basic Human technology, then I guess.

"as he has taken blows from beings such as the Hulk, had his entire skull destroyed and regenerated instantly without any discomfort (...)"

Not sure if scaling his durability to The Hulk will be accepted, but maybe High 5-A at peak.

"and while the Ghost Rider is in control only divine weapons (forged in Heaven) can harm the Ghost Rider (...)"

Obvious NLF, but Zarathos is immensely powerful.

"The Ghost Rider is capable of withstanding great impact forces, temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining injury. As his bodily tissues have been transformed, leaving only a skeleton, most projectiles such as bullets simply pass through him or bounce off his bones (...)"

Completely accurate.

"Ghost Rider's body is for all intents immune to physical injury, as he is evidently not able to feel pain and is able to survive with no apparent discomfort no matter how severe the injury (Unless a weapon forged from Heaven itself is used against him)."

Half true. The pain thing is true, and he has great Regen, but we can't assume he's unkillable just because of that.

Back