• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GGZ Tier 0 Yog Sothoth Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I know it sounds insane and it really is. But let me cook here a bit.
Gun Girl Z or Houkai Gakuen 2 is the first story canon gacha game of Mihoyo.
In this game, there're "Beyond Space and Time" gods and "Mythical" gods. Most "Mythical" Gods are conceptual beings. All of them exists in the meta fictional place called Babylon Academy. "Beyond Space and Time" gods exist beyond Universe which is used as 宇宙. 宇宙 = Honkai Universe which contains every canon games Mihoyo ever produced.

Proof for "Mythical" Gods being Conceptual Beings
"It is my duty to bestow death upon all things."

In endless battles, countless gods were slaughtered by her, and after each god died, Zeus plundered their concepts and internalized them as part of himself. When the turn came to Thanatos, Zeus spared her life because he wanted to enjoy this kind of happiness that dominated everything forever and did not understand why the concept of "death" was necessary for him.

Zeus finally got the universe he wanted: everything was under his command, and he could easily command everything. The universe was Zeus itself.
- Thanatos's Kizuna Entry 2
Chronos, the god of time, is the oldest and primitive god. She controls time, sets the eternal and unchanging rules of the world in the flow of time, that is, everything in the world cannot be eternal and unchanging. And whether it is a human being or a god, even if it feels wrong, they can only accept it because they can't survive against her rules.
When she still had the concept of being the god of time, she came to the conclusion that the so-called complaints about the lack of time are mostly those of insufficient ability.
For Chronos, as long as she is willing to look for it, she can regain her consciousness of being the god of time at anytime.
-Chronos's Kizuna
This should suffice to say "Mythtical" Gods are conceptual beings. Although this seems a bit far stretched, they are like Aeons in Honkai Star Rail whose embody philosophical concepts. These gods embody more fundamental concepts of The Universe. It's safe to say these gods are on the same level as Aeons.

"Beyond Space & Time" Gods or Outer Gods for short are far more powerful and superior than "Mythical" Gods. Lord Of Myrid Realms is able to create a concept that can end other conceptual gods.
In a universe where there was neither "birth" nor "death", there were constant wars and hatreds between the immortal gods.
In this universe, no existence knew why they were at war, and this was the case from the beginning. Therefore, everything in the universe during the Age of Chaos was drowning in never-ending suffering.
The Lord of Myriad Realms outside the universe realized the problem: The universe and the gods he created were in a meaningless cycle, and there was no flow of time.
In order to overcome the defects in the system of concepts, the Lord of Myriad Realms decided to give the universe this basic functioning concept:
Everything lacks eternity. This is "death".
One day, Thanatos the God of Death was born. Everything in the universe began to change quietly, and time began to flow, but the gods had not yet noticed it.
- Thanatos's Kizuna Entry 1
In Babylon, where all the wonders gather, there are many Goddesses who bear the attributes of mothers. Whether it's Metis, who is the Goddess of Wisdom, and the Goddess of the Ocean, with a heart of infinite tolerance, or Percy, who is gentle and stern, and always exudes gentleness and brilliance. There are many moments in their lives where other Gods call them mothers. In this way, those who have won the love of everyone do not put on an act of being elders to everyone, or regard themselves as mothers in the literal sense. The exception to this is, the Mother. Even when looking at her name, it is essentially forcing everyone to call her a mother. And the Mother's name is just the softest of her many measures to emphasize her motherhood. She will use her unidentified tentacles to take the initiative to do all kinds of things she thinks a mother needs to do, and calls all the gods she has ever seen as daughters.
"Strange... I have memories of her in my library, but I can't remember her... and I feel sick when I think of her... Why? This kind of foreign feeling is like that of a wooden thorn stuck in a finger..."
In short, the relationship between Metis and her seems to be very bad, but even so, The Mother still affectionately calls Metis her daughter.
- The Mother's Kizuna Entry 2
Therefore, she shall fulfill her duty, her only duty: to embrace all things, to bring all things back into her womb. Let all that she loves, after seeing that which she sees, a future of unparalleled darkness, put all that she has in her. To curl the whole universe once more into the most fundamental zeroth point, and then to use this last point... to give birth to herself.
- The Mother's Kizuna Entry 5
This should be enough to accept the power difference between "Mythical" Gods and "Outer" Gods. Now is the main character of this show, Yog Sothoth.

Yog Sothoth is wisdom itself.
"It's not that I don't care... But that I think that Gods actually exist too."

The Speaker frowned at the driver's retort: "Oh, it's common that people who believe don't like the existence of Gods to be denied. It's only in order to gain wisdom and deny the reality of God that a leap in cognition can occur."

"That? But... what if the God I believe in is Wisdom itself?"
- Yog Sothoth's Kizuna Entry 4
No one has seen her true form
As a result, almost no one has seen her true form, and the existing pages that record her image only leave behind a dazzling streak of incandescent light.
- Yog Sothoth : Between the blazing embers
Buddha attained wisdom from Yog Sothoth
Under the great sun, a bubble emerged, without wisdom or gain, like a crystal—appearing and disappearing.

The Buddha smiled silently, and then the Thirty-Second Bhikṣus were obtained.
- Yog Sothoth's Kizuna Entry 1
Yog Sothoth's bubbles are the door way of Tao which is the principle of the Universe. And it can't be defined in words.
“The Dao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Dao. It arises from bubbles and exists in bubbles.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name. It emerges from bubbles and becomes true within bubbles.
The door is the origin of all things, the root of mystery. Bubbles burst and shadows disappear, life and death intertwine...”
- Yog Sothoth's Kizuna Entry 2
Yog Sothoth's divine power is Description and Definition. And she transcends both of them to define the boundries.
Language frames the world, text sets the rules, and thus, time and space are framed outside of this.

For instance, you, looking at this line of text, and I, looking at you through this line of text.

This is how divine power operates. Humans age, skin grays, but how could the world within text? This is the divine power granted by God, “description,” or “definition.” Only by surpassing boundaries can one set boundaries. Because of detachment from all things, one can create all things, and thus, everything is born in one's hand.
- Yog Sothoth's Kizuna Entry 5

Qualification Reasoning for Tier 0 of Yog Sothoth
1. She is the origin of everything as she transcends everything defined in descriptions.
2. There's no multiple beings comparable to Yog Sothoth although there're other outer gods, none of them has the same level power as Yog Sothoth. (And their relationship were never actually shown)
Lord of myrid realms is the creator of the Universe and has the power of to do. This power is Yog Sothoth's divine power which she transcends.
3. There's no fragments of her. But she has "Aforgomon" avatar whose has more violent personality.
So far there's no contradictions from getting her Tier 0. Although she belongs to Cthulhu branch of Babylon Academy, she was never mentioned in other's story.

Extra Reasoning for Tier 0 (meta reasoning)
Well, after reading her kizuna story, it made me think. Isn't the power so called "Description" & "Definition" just concept of fictions? Writers in real life use description and definition to form a story. In the entry 5, the speaker is congratulating someone for reaching here and ask the commonality of above four entries. And this line makes me believe that Yog Sothoth has meta superiority over the entire cosmology including outer gods.
You, for example, are looking at this line of text, and as I am, looking at you through this line of text.
The academy has already meta fictional inserted characters like Houkai chan (GM) and Ling Yi (customer service girl from HG1)
Since Yog Sothoth transcends the fiction itself, there's no more to transcend. Thus granting her Tier 0 easily.

Character Profile

Last edited:
Should I edit and update the profile to the thread? Scans are hard to get in GGZ as you know. But i will try to gather and update as much as possible
Yeah, better do that otherwise this thread will be subject to closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back