• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GGGnK overhaul

So today i am going to revise the entire Gegege no Kitaro verse, a verse i've been working on. It was the first thing i made here including being the first time i had to make a calc. This however, will be an overhaul of this series that i ended up neglecting.
Let's start.

Tiers

Tier 6

The tiers are misjudged.
I just scaled everything from Backbeard's last key which isn't right.
The final form should be unscalable by our own rules that say that fusion of attacks/powers don't always cause a proportional boost in power.

What will happen?
First off, the calc is using a ground explosion formula and thus shouldn't be divided in 2, meaning that the feat is actually Low 6-B due to it being 1.4 teratons.

Only Backbeard's last key should scale to this, probably with durability as well as it was never harmed by anything until Kitaro pulled up the power of friendship and blasted him. He also held in countless of the Low 6-B energy drops and prevented himself from exploding despite reaching critical mass. This should give him the tier straight up.
Kitaro's final attack also scales to the same amount for blasting through Backbeard and all of his energy, preventing a world endangering explosion.

Tier 7
Now what tier do we change the backscaling to? We change it to High 7-C+. (This is consistent due to the other tier 7 feats present in GGGnK such as this, this and this 8-A feat done by a low tier) Kitaro scales directly to Ibukimaru, but only with his normal state.
One thing i neglected about Kitaro is that his Finger Gun attack scales higher than all of his other attacks.

Let's explain the scaling chain.

Kitaro scales to Ibukimaru. Kitaro also scales to this guy called Itsurugi Rei. Itsurugi Rei matched a clone of Tamamo no mae with only 1 tail and then he got beat up by a 5 tailed kyubi and then kitaro blocked its attacks with 1. You see Tamamo no mae can split itslef into many parts, 9 to be exactly, and the more tails it has the more powerful it becomes. Up to 9 respectively. So that means that 1 tail TNM is High 7-C+ as it directly fought and overpowered Rei at one point and the tails can work as a multiplier.
Kitaro's chanchanko and finger guns scale way above his own AP as Finger guns can one-shot people on most occasions such as when Kitaro got his ass beat in a physical fight but one-shot the guy with a single finger gun. The chanchanko was also able to block things that could kill Kitaro such as when he blocked an attack from someone who he couldn't hurt at all.

This means the next.

Base Kitaro Physically is 832,864 tons.
His Finger guns shot through a 5 tail kyubi and thus his finger guns scale to 4164320 tons - Low 7-B. Same goes for his chanchanko's durability.
Kitaro's soul absorbed state was able to match a 9-tail kyubi and so he becomes 7495776 tons - 7-B.

Now the next point of scale should be Kitaro in his enraged state.

Kitaro's enraged state multiplier
Kitaro has an enraged state which was caused by Agnes the witch's spell. It was a spell that enhanced Kitaro's yokai power but then he overpowered the magic's control with his anger and became extra powerful. This anger induced state later appears in his fight with Backbeard where he goes from getting beat up by him to overpowering him.
Kitaro generally scales to his friends such as Nekomusume and Sunake Baba
They together can match Wolfgang
Enraged Kitaro could directly overpower Wolfgang as shown in the post above.
This means that Enraged Kitaro should be its own key and should scale 2x above his High 7-C+ AP or Low 7-B

Now what about Backbeard? His base scales above Wolfgang as the latter basically worships him and doesn't deny him the title of "The ultimate yokai" and his humanoid scales below Kitaro's enraged state or Low 7-B. However his second key should have at least Low 7-B as he could temporarily match a full power finger gun beam from Kitaro using his own extremely powerful beam.

So currently, this is how its all gonna look

Kitaro

High 7-C, Low 7-B with Finger Gun, Low 6-B with attack powered by positive energy | Low 7-B, At least Low 7-B with Finger Gun, Low 6-B with attack powered by positive energy | 7-B, Low 6-B with attack powered by positive energy

Backbeard

Low 7-B | Low 7-B, at least Low 7-B with eye lasers | High 7-C | Low 6-B

LS

Everyone who is a high-end tier such as Backbeard, Kitaro, Wolfgang, Wally wall (LS master) and V. Frankenstein's monster form should scale to Class M
Everyone who is below these guys scales above Class K once i make their profiles

When it comes to scaling, base Kitaro scales 2x below the Class M feat, his enraged state scales above it, his soul absorbed state scales 4.5x that feat or 689896.845396 tons.

So that is basically it.

Speed

In short, everyone just scales to Ittan Momen at Massively Hypersonic+

Nothing changes, it just has a calc now. The lightning is legit as per the showings shown here (this)

Intelligence
Kitaro should have a better explanation as he is able to completely deduce Nue's abilities from a description here (sorry, i can't rearrange the images, i put numbers to give you the rough order)
and is able to do this here (in a split second he figured out to trick the doll by creating a body out of a random football and his chanchanko)

Abilities

Now separate abilities.

Kitaro:

-Danmaku: Can shoot dozens of hair needles
-Durability negation: can use his Internal electricity to deal damage to those he couldn't harm before even with his finger gun attack
-Explosion manipulation: here
-Weapon mastery as Kitaro has mastered the artifacts he uses which can easily be wielded better than weapons (remotely controlled Geta, a morphing chanchanko which is anything form a gauntlet to a sword to a spear when needed)
-Acrobatics and homing attack shown here
-Sound manipulation in soul absorbed form as he is capable of using nue's attacks which are sound based
-Analytical prediction: capable of dodging attacks from someone who casually blitzed him before after analyzing his movements in one short fight
-Resistance to Elctricity manipulation as shown in a calc above he was able to absorb tons of electricity which was real electricity which doesn't work on durability and he lived to tell the tale with no internal damage
-Resistance to heat manipulation and extreme cold: Capable of being near Nuke Kubi's overheated near-exploding head which even in a normal state could melt a fridge casually and his body is able to neutralize that heat with extreme cold which Kitaro can hold here is the evidence for the cold
-Pain tolerance, as he barely winced when his hand got cut off

This one im not sure on so help me out here. I think this is Power mimickry as he can absorb and use the cold of coolant to make his attacks have a freezing effect

Additionally i would like to remove resistance to fragnance manip as it isn't as true as i thought it would be, he didn't tank the full blow of the smell but only a little.

Finally, i'd like to add a few explanations for stamina. Kitaro was able to fight despite having his hand cut off. Was capable of traveling long distances despite Nuke Kubi's heat which made countless people fall unconcious.

Backbeard:

-Pocket dimension manipulation, dimensional travel and interdimensional range as he exists in another dimension entirely and he generally appears like a hole in space, tearing up in the middle of the sky.
-Explosion manipulation as he is capable of causing explosions casually
-Telekinesis for lifting Adele in the sky casually
-Empathic manipulation, Darkness manipulation and seemingly Rock manipulation for creating this area
-Shockwave manipulation: here

Additionally
Everyone needs explanation for soul manip and immo type 1 and low godly regen

here it is

and here is the evidence for yokai and those with yokai power being capable of anihilating souls and having NPI

as well as here

That is all at the moment. I have prepared many characters that i will release soon, so this are the preparatory revisions.

Last edited:
I'll add more stuff in a bit such as Kitaro having analytical prediction and power mimicry/adaptability

I've added 2 things,
pain tolerance as he barely even winced when he got his hand cut off and stamina explanations for kitaro

So considering nobody came and CRTs for small verses with not much activity generally are ok with one staff acceptance, imma just add this up. I mean, i did have DDM and Aguywhodoes things comment here, the latter wasn't a staff member but he is trusted and does have a shiny badge, so i think this would be enough. I mean, at one point Elizhaa agreed for a ToG CRT to get added after they accepted it as nobody else wanted to comment (til DDM came in clutch)

Back