• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting AP from a laser?

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
Say, certain character uses a laser to attack. The laser itself has no feats except for harming other characters, but it's width can be measured.

In normal FICTIONAL sense, if a said character uses some attack to clash strikes with other characters, the attack potency scale to the durability of the opponent.

But I feel like you wish to refer to how real life lasers attack instead.

Or, you want to refer to plasma attacks, which are different from laser attacks.

Plasma feat calculations can be referred from here.

But this is always the last resort should all else fails.

I mean a fictional laser, but trying to use what we know about real life lasers to calculate AP.

Rodri "Dante" said:
I mean a fictional laser, but trying to use what we know about real life lasers to calculate AP.
Scans or video links?

I question the nature of that said fictional projectile attack.

If it is plasma then the formula at my blog can be applied in the worst case.

If it is laser... then better research on how real life laser even attack. Because THIS is how laser attacks work in the hands of the PR China armies. And the Hong Kong Police Force kind of demonstrates how laser weapons work in an unpleasant way.

I highly doubt if that attack is laser in the first place.

It is called a laser in the manual, and doesn't contradict how lasers work.

I do have a calc that could bump Pulseman into 8-C, but since I can't post blogs here yet I wanted to look into other things in the meantime.

Also, I don't remember Tony ever being in a Pulseman disscusion? I'll look into that.

@Jasonsith

Perhaps your blog contents should be added to one of our calculations instruction pages?

Possibly, yes, but it is probably best to ask DontTalkDT first.

Back