• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getter Emperor Revision

Yes, I know what comes to mind whith combination of these words: "another attempt to raise the level of the character who is definitely not will develop". Perhaps so, however, in the new history, the plot of which states that it develops in an alternative setting of the original story, and now the attention of the spoiler - which is the world with number 900,000,105 wich was created by original Emperor, or to be more precise simulation of the whole universe which is a full-fledged universe, in which the events of history occur, purporting to be a continuation after Getter Robo ─üß©Ñ or maybe parallel to it. Also, it clearly has no limit in the number of their creation. Additionally, in this story appears original Ryoma, Shikishima, Saotome, Hayato and other staff, who are watching to this world from the outside. Also in this world Getter is Emperor himself in more compact form. Summing up, I would like to clarify - if the Emperor is able to create the ordinary universes in such quantities, will it increase his Tier level or at his current state, he is also capable of doing this? And also need add Information Manipulation, because as i said earlier he create whole universe, as a normal program, so in advance grateful if anyone is interested to help this.

The manga doesn't state that the Emperor created the simulations. It actually says that the original Emperor is either a part of one of those simulations or exists outside of them. We also know nothing of the nature of the simulations yet. They appear to be matrix-like virtual realities, but they should somehow help Saotome and Co. in their experiment. The nature of the experiment is also still unknown. Actually, I think Devolution's Getters need their own pages since Devolution isn't written by Ishikawa, isn't a part of the Getter Robo Saga and doesn't pose itself as a part of its continuity.

Vaka-Elk said:
Actually, I think Devolution's Getters need their own pages since Devolution isn't written by Ishikawa, isn't a part of the Getter Robo Saga and doesn't pose itself as a part of its continuity.
Are you kidding? Go Nagai co-writter is no canon now? Also in manga intro state that it clear continuation for Getter Robo Saga, but i can't find raw scan source for it anymore.

Arekusuripa said:
Are you kidding? Go Nagai co-writter is no canon now? Also in manga intro state that it clear continuation for Getter Robo Saga, but i can't find source anymore.
Getter Robo Devolution is written by Shimizu Eiichi and Shimoguchi Tomohiro, not Ken Ishikawa, which, I think, is enough to place it in a separate continuity.

Vaka-Elk said:
Getter Robo Devolution is written by Shimizu Eiichi and Shimoguchi Tomohiro, not Ken Ishikawa, which, I think, is enough to place it in a separate continuity.
Why you ignoring Go Nagai, for this story as co-writter, so hard? Emperor still from original.

Arekusuripa said:
Why you ignoring Go Nagai, for this story as co-writter, so hard? Emperor still from original.
But Go Nagai isn't involved with Devolution. What are you talking about?

I reread the new chapter of Devolution, and can say for sure - the story is set in the same multiverse as the plot Getter Robo Anthology: Will of Evolution. Also, considering that Tomohiro Shimoguchi and Eichi Shimizu, who previously worked on this story, it is safe to say that Getter Robot Devolution: The Last 3 Minutes for Universe is semi-canon or more like expanded universe of the original Getter Robo Saga. So... Getter Emperor's new 2-B key was confirmed. But, still need to wait for new chapters to justify all 900,000,106 universes and new feats. Also, i hope this story will the end it with a very big bang in final.

Well in accordance to THIS panel from the english scanlations, universe which we follow (the ones bearing the teen Ryoma, Hayato, and Benkei) has their respective Saotome Institute conducting, and in the words of nondigital Saotome in response to Ryoma from the second-to-top-panel "that much like us, they're also carrying out simulations with virtual worlds?!". You see, this line insinuates that so too the nondigital counterparts are conducting virtual simulations, digital Saotome proceeds to say that "Given the information one can obtain from it, it's quite natural that I should be able to realize the world I was in was virtual. Midway through as the simulations repeat the Fragment of The Emperor, alongside what one should call the memory of the Getter Rays is born..."

Now, as detailed on both this wiki's page for the Getter Emperor, and the Getter Ray page on the Getter Robo Wiki, Getter Rays govern, "matter, spacetime, and energy itself", even capable of containing the souls of the dead, such as how Saotome from New Getter Robo was capable of communicating with Tatsuhito after the New Getter murdered him upon his transformation into an Oni.

Now, since we have evidence that these worlds are indeed virtual, how the Getter Rays govern certain key aspects of reality itself, and their ability to contain information, it seems that the nondigital Saotome Institute is running these simulations, having their results encoded onto the Getter Rays, and then utilizing these encoded Getter Rays to generate the next batch of universes (much like a genetic algorithm), this means that, whilst the universes themselves are not real, the Getter Rays had encoded upon them their information and the unique merits of the Getter Robos generated by each universe, ultimately culminating in the "pinnacle of evolution", the Getter Emperor.

So whilst I wouldn't say that the Getter Emperor *generated* these universes into reality, it had encoded upon the Getter Rays the information regarding each digital universe, regarded them as no different from a nondigital universe, and ultimately complied all the information into a clone of the Getter Emperor generated from the semantics of these universes, bringing along Ryoma once the Original Getter is deployed at the end of the manga within the nondigital universe, inducing a metamorphosis into the Getter Emperor via Getter Rays, a metamorphosis of which conjures digital Ryoma into nondigiality, per these screenshots of the panels.

Note, per the finnikyness of my laptop and imgur in tandem, I could post the panels in the correct order, so if you attempt to read through, I suggest you scroll to the bottom, and read upwards from there, not to mention the partially cropped additional images generated by imgur, I believe only five exist throughout the whole 35 page collection, and they dont disrupt the flow that much. So yeah.

Did not Getter Robo Devolution end? The scans only went so far as the Getter Robo metamorphosizing into the Getter Emperor, bringing along digital Ryoma into nondigiality...

Ah, so chapters are added on a monthly basis or a weekly basis? Only recently have I gotten into Getter and i can't seen to find any information with regards to it's schedule...

New Chapter. It is revealed that they were utilizing Virtual Simulations to encode information within the Getter, send the information encoded rays into the REAL Getter, then have that Getter evolve into the Emperor seen within the digital simulations, also it is revealed that the Digital Versions of Hayato and Benkei were brought into nondigiality as well...

Do you wish for screenshots?

Okay, So I've obtained the shots and uploaded them to imgur, they are linked below. It is indeed true that what I stated prior was the intent of the "Real" Saotome Institute, and that Ryoma, Hayato, and Benkei were dedigitized to serve as the Emperor's Pilots in the Real World.

Pics

TLDR The Core of the Emperor apparently integrated the Digital Ryoma, Hayato, and Benkei into it's data per considering it a part of itself, then when the plain Getter from the other set of screenshots had the Rays inserted into it, the metamorphosis brought along the pilots as well...

Most likely, if this process could be refined, it could enable the creation of hypothetically anything PER the feeding of information onto the Getter Rays, then infusing them onto some sort of robot or othersuch things...

Arekusuripa said:
So the Emperor is much more haxed than we thought.
In essence, for they could hypothetically create any sort of information and upload it onto a Getter in order to induce desired results, not to mention the potential for object modification and creation...

It's sounded kinda broken, even for Emperor. However, it's nice to know that this is an spin off of the original. So the question of canonicity of events will not be as acute as before.

So, base on new chapter i could say - Getter Rays is living being, and Emperor its avatar. Also, Rays was made by race of "Creators" that why Emperor no far more than mere shell for Getter who's much more that mere Multiverse level, but how far can't say for sure. So this hostile Emperor from all previous chapters was sent by "Creators" to destroy all "life".

Getter Rays 01 Getter Rays 02 Getter Rays 03

Back