• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GetBackers tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up, hold up.

Why did you give Ban 8-B?... "Comparable to Divine Design Summons" I don't think so. He got destroyed by Satan and hurt himself when he punched it.

Also, after checking through the edits, there do not seem to be proper justifications for the 8-B statistics given within the Getbackers profiles.

Sorry i did those in a rush, i will apply correct justifications right away.

@LordGriffin

I assume you missed the part that i gave "Devil Arm Ban" the 8-B tiering. Devil Arm Ban is casually above Divine Design Arc members. You know, casually superior to the miroku who stated they were going to destroy the entire beltline. I mostly did a downgrade on their previous tier 7 feats.

Divine Design Arc people don't scale to their summons and it was never said all summons are equal to my knowledge.

I'll deal with that beltline stuff when I get to it. For now you need evidence to scale to summons.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Divine Design Arc people don't scale to their summons and it was never said all summons are equal to my knowledge.
I'll deal with that beltline stuff when I get to it. For now you need evidence to scale to summons.
It is still better than a completely baseless placeholder stat no? It was 7-C before. 8-B seems better than going back to 7-C.

They shouldn't have had a tier until an actual calc was done. 8-B can't be applied to them until they are proven to scale to the Summons (that preformed said feat) or get another feat on said level, otherwise they should be Unknow.

I'm busy watching my evil little niece right now so I'll comment later but if others agree with 8-B for now then I won't argue but for now I disagree and think Unknow is good for now, my opinion though.

I suppose that Unknown might be better then.

Hmm ok then. Im gonna recheck the Divine Design arc, if i don't see anything pointing to any of the characters being scalable to the Divine Design summons imma change the tiers to "Unknown", until LordGriffin done with the verse feats.

Okay. I will unlock the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

Hmm ok i found something. After Ban claims and believes "invincibility" (which is after he loses against Lucifer), he goes to Lucifer to beat the living daylight outta him. There is this scene:

http://fanfox.net/manga/get_backers/v18/c000.1/1.html#ipg47

Ban destroys the Divine Design summon, and no this is not because he took Lucifer's heart as Lucifer doesn't die there, nor does he look like he'll die anytime soon (if it weren't for Akabane just impaling him later on in the series), so the Divine Design has no reason to disappear since his master is still ok. Furthermore, even though Lucifer is conscious that he's physically weaker than Ban and that Ban would just wreck him in a hand to hand fight he said "in that moment you filled the gap" which is implying he beat the summons. But ofc just Ban being able to deal damage (and destroy at that) the strongest DD summon should be enough proof that he is at least comparable.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I will unlock the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.
I found some proof for the tiering so imma wait until LG responds back to it. Though if he does agree with it, then i'll just use the chance to fix the tiering justification for the 8-B keys.

@Fire

You're only using one scan that is taken out of context without reading the whole fight to the end.

Mido does his usual statistics boost, Lucifer Summons Satan and they attack each other. When the collision is over, Ban falls down after getting hit by Satan, then Satan starts to fall apart but this is not due to Ban attacking Satan, this is due to Mido ripping out Lucifer's heart.

Lucifer even states in that moment Ban surpassed "his level of power" not Satan's. Let's assume Lucifer scaled to Satan for whatever reason and say Mido was the cause of Satan falling apart and not Lucifer getting his heart ripped out.

1. Satan wouldn't have gotten a hit on Ban if he blitzed him to the point where he ripped him apart and ripped Lucifer's heart out. It's clear he went for Lucifer but Satan hit him and then fell apart after Lucifer was harmed. But let's disregard this one and move to the second reason.

2. This is the main thing that makes this whole scaling invalid. A few pages later. Ban Mido reveals he used the Evil Eye and put Lucifer in an illusion!. They never actually fought, Lucifer had no wound on him, Everyone was still in the same spot they where in when the "fight" started.

Ginji even jumps on Mido, happy when he realized he never actually ripped out Lucifer's heart. Even later when Ginji is in the hospital and Shido shows up. Shido says he heard Mido lost, to which Mido says to ask Himiko what happened and she states Mido did lose but Mido shouts that he was referring to the second time, not the first time he fought Lucifer.

Juubi shows up and says it's true Mido won his second fight against Lucifer but it was the most dishonorable win he ever seen because Mido use the Evil Eye to beat him and stated if Mido fought Lucifer for real Mido would lose.

No one present disagreed with Juubi with the exception of Mido himself. Shouting that he would have won anyway but that's Mido just being cocky with nothing backing it up.

Mido saying that if they actually fought he thinks he would win is proof they never actually fought the second time, he used the Evil Eye. Thus that feat of him beating Satan is unusable/invalid because it never happened.

So I half to disagree with them scaling to Summons and still think Unknown is the way to go.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here?

Hmm, no, not rly tbh. I will likely make another thread in the future once LG's blog reaches the final arcs for feats and stats. This can be closed rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back