• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Get Ready to Rumble!

Question.....

Do you hate Incon matches? Do you hate matches that end via "Lol both of them can't even touch each other" and no one walks away satisfied? Are those busted as heck characters abusing the system to make it impossible to do any better than an Incon?

Well, if you said "Yes" to any of these, then do I have news for you.....

Introducing..... DELETION DERBY!

What is Deletion Derby you ask? Well, it's quite simple really. It is nearly identical to any standard Versus thread on this Forum. You set parameters, select characters, and debate. There's just one catch. There's an added perimeter that must be abided by.....

During the course of this hypothetical battle, the power/ability that each character banks on the most during said 5 minutes will be removed.

That's right. No cheesing here.

Both of you stuck in between dimensions or in pocket dimensions, or unable to hit each other due to Intangability? After 5 minutes, OOPS! You're both now attackable on this plane and dimension of reality.

Both of you constantly adapting to each other's powers? After 5 minutes, OOPS! Now you're stuck with whatever powers you have adapted into yourselves which may also be removed after another 5 minutes.

Characters able to resist any powers the opponents have due to their Resistances and Immunities? After 5 minutes, OOPS! Now that precious defense they hold most dear will go bye bye.

Is every power on both sides somehow impossible for the other to get through? After an hour OOPS! They're basically just flying bricks who's Strength, Durability, and Speed are now unequalized.

If this all sounds fun to you, then come on down to this thread and post matchups that you found were Incon. I shall put them through a Deletion Derby, and we will see which characters are not only truly the most powerful and varied, but also who are the most durable to the conditions presented. Whoever wins a Deletion Derby gets their character moved from Incon to Notable Victories with the note "Via Deletion Derby, <character> was determined to be the winner" and vice versa. Hope to see you here.

GOOD LUCK! 👋

These matches wouldn't actually be able to be added because restricting abilities themselves is disallowed by SBA. Otherwise, this sounds interesting.

I can't help but feel Alela's recent matches inspired this though

These matches wouldn't actually be able to be added because restricting abilities themselves is disallowed by SBA. Otherwise, this sounds interesting.

I can't help but feel Alela's recent matches inspired this though
To be fair, Alela has been either nearly, or actually Inconning quite a few matchups recently due to the same reason of both characters conveniently countering the each other perfectly. Same with quite a few Venificaverse characters (Look at Asuna Vs Cobalt for example). Incons just really take the idea of debating characters out of me because they're the only result which goes nowhere.

To be fair, Alela has been either nearly, or actually Inconning quite a few matchups recently due to the same reason of both characters conveniently countering the each other perfectly. Same with quite a few Venificaverse characters (Look at Asuna Vs Cobalt for example). Incons just really take the idea of debating characters out of me because they're the only result which goes nowhere.
I can't help those results, there were genuinely no clear winners in those matches which is what incon is for. Sure it's probably not as fun or cool at all, but Alela herself has 4 victories (although one went from incon to W), Cobalt has 5, and the winningest character of V. Verse is Dr. Hecate with 8 wins and 1 loss with no incons, if you want to check her out

also what does conveniently mean here

I can't help those results, there were genuinely no clear winners in those matches which is what incon is for. Sure it's probably not as fun or cool at all, but Alela herself has 4 victories (although one went from incon to W), Cobalt has 5, and the winningest character of V. Verse is Dr. Hecate with 8 wins and 1 loss with no incons, if you want to check her out

also what does conveniently mean here
Conveniently, as in, in the vast variety in each character's arsenal, they somehow each counter each other to a tee, which is usually pretty uncommon for characters with Hax as there's so many ways to make them.

Also, the funny part is that the second ever match I saw of Dr. Hectate was the one she lost lol.

Back