• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seems things did a complete 360 and we've returned to the old old days of Getbackers. Verse that everyone agreed on couldn't beat SSJ Goku now passively solos Xenoverse. Seems legit.

Imo, "Logic" is really overrated in what it can do. Logic is strong but not as strong as people here make it out to be...

Probably make a revision thread about it after I finish Saint Seiya.

@Cal what are you referring to about The Archiver's tiering? And the thing about Get Backers is that it has a really big difference of top tiers to lower tiers. Physically based yes, no one outside of the archiver can beat SSJ Goku. Hax wise they stomp, also weren't old GetBackers 1-B in potency and were deleted since they could be 9-B and 1-B at the same time.

@RotofBots

Logic has shown it's capabilities with negation. It's basically just reality warping/info manip that allows for many different uses. Akabane literally said "You can die because i say so" to an immortal being. But yeah we can discuss it sometime.

Old GB was simply multiversal. Which was considered hard wank by a certain member who I can't mention (I'm not talking about you, btw. You're awesome, Fire.) and reduced to country level and hypersonic+. Can't beat DBZ, Saint Seiya, JJBA, etc.

Also, yes. Archiver isn't 2-A from what I've seen. Maybe not even tier 2, tbh.

The real cal howard said:
Old GB was simply multiversal. Which was considered hard wank by a certain member who I can't mention (I'm not talking about you, btw. You're awesome, Fire.) and reduced to country level and hypersonic+. Can't beat DBZ, Saint Seiya, JJBA, etc.
Also, yes. Archiver isn't 2-A from what I've seen. Maybe not even tier 2, tbh.
The archiver created the entire world, that IS tier 2.

Though the world gets a bit weird here. Makubex stated that there exist universes with other combinations of possibilities (There are makubex' who have chosen a different route in the forking branches of time).

And a single universe as stated by Ginji's mom is a result of endless/infinite results.

The Archiver has created, rules and embodies all of this (He embodies every possibility and object).

Potency wise yes, country (it doest seem a bit much tbh) should be fine (i've actually settled for Town Level, it seems a bit better). The speed is pure downplay doe, nigh fodder swordsman say "i can swing at SoL" and ppl dodge it, Hypersonic+ is too downplayed especially when base Ban when holding back at the start of the series was faster than the eye of trained fighters could see.

On the Hax department, they are far higher. Ban and Akabane's logic shapes the virtual world, the witch queen sealed the virtual world etc. The whole scaling comes from the size of the virtual world, which rn is at 2-A (an unknown degree of 2-A, i asked DarkLK what the total combinations of infinite chances would be regarding 2-A, and he said he's unsure.

Besides 7-C AP, FTL Speed and 2-A hax there is 1 more tier which is currently being argued and that is Low 2-C tier. Ginji in a fight with another dude was stated to have enough power to destroy IF which would result in the destruction of their space-time. While this is a chain reaction some believe that if IF (IF is short for Infinity Fortress) is the basic structure and the thing that sustains the universe, it can be assumed destroying it would be the same as destroying the universe (IF having universe level durability).

@Cal Pls do hop on here if you wish to help with or contribute in the discussion regarding their tierings.

I would if I knew even a lick about GetBackers, but I'd be hard pressed to say the names of two characters. All I have to go off of is this thread.

Saying you can swing at SoL means nothing though. Boasting is common and no feat goes that high.

Get Backers cannot beat Saint Seiya, JJBA, DBZ or any other majorly strong verse

JJBA, Saint Seiya and DBZ are majorly strong verses on his book....im done.

He swings and says "i just swung the blade at SoL speeds. It can be trusted since it's a feat.

Want me to debunk all those claims?

FTL Speed: Miroku states his blades creates gravity wells if swung at light speed, he creates gravity wells with his swings and ppl dodge it. The dude took feats from the beginning of the series and used them as feats.

Ginji's Electricity isn't lighting cus Ginji doesn't summon lightning: Ginji literally summons lightnining in the literal sense in a lot of fights and his "electricity" is always compared to that lightning.

The page has a lot of bad arguments. Like firearms being used and stuff. That's like downgrading DBS to 9-C cus Zamasu was hit my a sniper.

Point is. Since GetBackers in power varies from opinion to opinion, it's best if we stick to discussions between people who have read the manga rather than opinion from outside the wiki.

You think I'd like GB if I decided to get into it?
Do you like any of the following?

• Comedy
  • Badassery
  • Decent fights
Then GetBackers will be right up your ally. Ban Midou + Ginji Amano are too good. The last arcs ain't as good as it power creeps the whole show (the last 2 arcs i mean). But it has pretty good comedy and Ban Midou's badassery shouldn't be missed.

So it ain't no masterpiece (Shows such as DxD, Medaka Box, Rakudai etc easily trample GB in terms of overall quality and writing), the writing is just decent, the characters are pretty fun. Ban is the only interesting one as he's the definition of OP, but he's done right. So i'd say watch the first arcs (maybe 3 or 4 first arcs), if you like it, then go for it, if you don't like the overal settings, drop it.

ProfessorLord said:
Is there any cool JoJo vs Get Backers matchups?
Not rly. If you want to make them feel free to do so, though Akabane, Ban and The Witch Queen are not your best bets, try someone weaker like...Ginji i guess.

Isn't this the verse that our Lord and Savior Lionel Suggs wanked, which lead to the perspicacious narrative that is Suggsverse?

Warren Valion said:
Isn't this the verse that our Lord and Savior Lionel Suggs wanked, which lead to the perspicacious narrative that is Suggsverse?
Fire is Suggs confirmed
Replace GetBackers with Medaka Box and I have to agree

Feel free to try your hand on the Get Backers doe. There are currently these matches:

Akabane vs Hiiragi - Was good at first, Akabane stomps now with the archiver being 2-A

Akabane vs Nocturne - Same as above

Ban vs Cain - Stalemate. Ban does anything and The Presence crushes him, Cain can't do anything against Ban defensive hax doe.

Arceus vs The Archvier - I think this is also a stomp since Archiver is now 2-A, am not too sure.

RotofBots said:
Imo, "Logic" is really overrated in what it can do. Logic is strong but not as strong as people here make it out to be...
Probably make a revision thread about it after I finish Saint Seiya.
Logic Manipulation is under Mathematics Manipulation

• Logic Manipulation: Since mathematics builds upon, includes and extends logic, changing mathematics can have an effect on the underlying logical concepts. For example by creating a mathematical contradiction and through the principle of "ex falso sequitur quodlibet" the validity and usefulness of logic could be undermined.

ZacharyGrossman273, it not has been stated and it is not listed on Law Manipulation's page. I guess people got confused from vs battle threads if people are claiming it and some got confused by Powerlisting's definition which sound like NLF: Logic Manipulation.

RotofBots said:
@Nedge

I wasn't referring to Logic Manipulation but Getbacker's power known as "logic".
Ok, I thought logic, in context, meant the same thing as the wiki: Logic Manipulation.

I probably should have referred to Lancer's quote.

Lancer45Man said:
They do legit have something called Logic Manipulation where they can use Logic to have a variety of applications. However, it's just a combination of Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, Metaphysics Manipulation if you go by context

Look at the manipulation of logic varies greatly, in philosophy the logic means (deduction, induction, hypothesis, inference etc.) and intellectual operations that aim at determining what is true or not.

It is worth remembering that the manipulation of logic in fiction is more powerful than the manipulation of reality. https://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Logic_Manipulation

But the manipulation of the law is still above logic, since logic can not interfere with the fundamental laws of existence or rules created by a higher being.

RotofBots said:
@Nedge
I wasn't referring to Logic Manipulation but Getbacker's power known as "logic".
Well they do have it, and we decided that the closest thing would be either:

A) Mathematics Manipulation

B) Information Manipulation

Since the virtual world is just algoritms and data, so since there isn't enough proof for Mathematics, we decided on Information Manip. It's applications have tons of feats.

@Amigodavizinhaça

Not true actually. Manipulating Logic and Manipulating laws are not different in potency. There are a bunch of powers like: Information Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Law Manipulation etc that have no clear limit. Anything is possible as long as it's not limited by the potency of the power (example Low 2-C law manip, changing multiversal laws).

@Nedge1000 that comment Lancer made is a bit outdated, since then we settled on their Logic Manip being Information Manipulation. Since info manip is also capable of achieving Logic Manip and since their world is information/data more than mathematics we decided on info manip.

...How? Was it because of the extent of the Jagan's power?

Also, Firephoenixearl mentioned in another thread that Ginji is leagues below Akabane and Ban, however he has a 2-A key and has "trascended to the real world", so why are Akabane and Ban considered at most Low 2-C?

Back