• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt of Rivia vs The Demogorgon(Stranger Things)

Speed is equalized.

Both are in character.

Geralt has basic knowledge of the Demogorgon and has an hour of prep.

Victory by death.

Can Geralt take this hunt? Or does he become another meal for the monster?

Geralt:0

Demogorgon:0

Inconclusive:0

Demogorgon Stranger Things
Tw3 Geralt of Rivia newest render
Geralt of Rivia

Don't see how the Demogorgon can win here, it feels like a complete stomp for Geralt tbh.Geralt can slow the Demogorgon down and go to town with Igni, put the Demogorgon to sleep and go to town with Igni or set up a fire/bomb trap(can do the same with Axii sign), Or just set up a bomb trap, not to mention that the Demogorgon can't even hurt Geralt since he blocked way more than the Demogorgon can dish out with signs and the Demogorgon can damage itself just by attacking Geralts forcefield.This isn't even a battle really.

With all due respect, with prep this is almost unfairly slanted towards Geralt. His literal job is to fight back monsters and has done so for decades. Kinda leaning to Geralt via experience alone. Let alone ap and other abilities. (He still has time hax and mind hax I believe) This seems like a stomp to me.

KinkiestSins said:
With all due respect, with prep this is almost unfairly slanted towards Geralt.
His literal job is to fight back monsters and has done so for decades. Kinda leaning to Geralt via experience alone. Let alone ap and other abilities. (He still has time hax and mind hax I believe) This seems like a stomp to me.
Geralt's Time manipulation is limited whereas it only slows the enemy down. Axi only momnentarily stuns monsters IIRC. I don't think this is a stomp but if I can make this fair I'm opejn to suggestions.

Geralt's Time manipulation is limited whereas it only slows the enemy down. Axi only momnentarily stuns monsters IIRC. I don't think this is a stomp but if I can make this fair I'm opejn to suggestions.

So? Lets go through both scenarios.

/uses time slow and beheads Or /stuns him and beheads.

Even if you assume that this is limited to close range, it is still hax. This is a haxstomp.

KinkiestSins said:
So? Lets go through both scenarios.

/uses time slow and beheads Or /stuns him and beheads.

Even if you assume that this is limited to close range, it is still hax. This is a haxstomp.

I see.... I almost feel like Geralt vs Eleven might be more fair.

KinkiestSins said:
Maybe, but that would be two or three hax vs one.
And it would probably be short lived. Because if its decided that Eleven scales to the Mind Flayer she could be High 7-C to 6-C or even 5-B. Depends on how the upgrade thread goes. So a stomp in the long term.

I think my Jason Voorhees vs Demogorgon Thread would be abetter match to discuss.

While the Demogorgon is an impressive monster, it doesn't bring much to the table when facing Geralt. The Witcher has fought plenty of creatures with the physical strengths and toughness it has, such as higher vampires who are considered the monster dangerous monsters in this world. Most vampires are greater or equal in physical traits to the Demogorgon from what I can compair.

While the Demogorgon's reality shifting is useful for ambushing prey, it would be tricky to ambush Geralt considering his enhanced senses and medallion which may very well react to it's portal shifting. The biggest factor of course is how with knowledge and prep time, Geralt can easily defeat this creature. With potions, traps, bombs and Signs he has a vast set of tools on hand that can easily outmatch the creature.

In the end the Demogorgon's biggest weakness is it's intelligence. It's practially feral and instinctive. As shown in the show, it can be lured and tricked into a disadvantagous situation. Geralt would very well do the same thing, with the worse case being it escapes badly wounded to the Upside Down. He'd either try another trap or even brave the Upside Down yet I feel that be a risky move to do considering its a very alien and hostile environment, though I think his mutations will aid him well.

Overall this is a simple win for Geralt.

Back