• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doesn't Axii take at least some amount of movement? How fast does Corvo time-stop? If it is faster he could just... like you said, "timestopgg".

They actually both take similar timeframes as both Geraly and Corvo make hand gestures while activating the ability, although if I had to say Corvo would be quicker.

Although that assumes they both always open with it, which isn't true for either of them.

Alright. It's been awhile since I messed with Witcher and I've never even touched Dishonored so gimme a moment.

Corvo:

+ Precognition

+ Teleportation

+ Time slow is arguably a lot better haxwise

+ Possession? Not sure how this one works

Geralt:

+ Reflecting attacks is big buku

+ Profile says he has mind manip, don't remember how good it is

+ Stat reduction may be the best thing he has here, as well as poison

I assume Corvo's precog is passive so I am leaning towards him due to just having better hax in general. He can teleport for mobility advantage, and can see beforehand what actions White Hair Boye will take. Time slow is a perfect counter as it gives him a very good speed advantage, assuming he uses it in character.

@Bambu

Corvo's precog only predicts movements, though. It doesn't predict stuff like use of magic.

That and the precog is active, too.

It is active? Hm.

So in theory this ultimately boils down to one of them using their better hax at relatively equal speeds and managing to incap the other first. Correct?

How does Corvo's Possession work?

His Possession works in that he can possess people and animals from a considerable distance just by looking at them and can move around using their bodies but he cant make them kill themselves otherwise he dies too, but when he unpossesses them he appears right behind them while they, if they were human, fall to the ground in horrible pain and begin vomiting uncontrollably and are left vulnerable

To be fair, Geralt has an immense resistance to pain and nausea.

That and if Geralt applied Quen before getting possessed Corvo attacking him would do nothing to Geralt and reflect half of Corvo's damage back at Corvo.

What kind of nausea? Corvo causes it by literally forcibly injecting himself into his target's mind and then wrenching himself free.

Hm. This is interesting.

So... it comes down to Geralt's likelihood to use Quen first, I think. I don't recall Geralt being more likely to use one more than the others so for now I still do lean towards Corvo.

WeeklyBattles said:
What kind of nausea? Corvo causes it by literally forcibly injecting himself into his target's mind and then wrenching himself free.
Usually one induced through poison and pain. I doubt that'd have much of an affect on someone who resists pain and lacks strong emotions (At least on paper, PIS says otherwise, kek).

And even then, the opening that gives Corvo is negated entirely if Geralt activates Quen, Yrden, or Heliotrope.

Mr. Bambu said:
So... it comes down to Geralt's likelihood to use Quen first, I think. I don't recall Geralt being more likely to use one more than the others so for now I still do lean towards Corvo.
Yrden would slow down, poison, and bolt Corvo with lightning the moment he leaves Geralt's body.

Heliotrope would speed Geralt up to the point where he'd be able to get up, barf or whatever, then kill Corvo before Corvo can react.

There's also a potion Geralt could take that would induce pain when Corvo gets near him.

Yrden... maybe. The bolt I'm not terribly worried with, that's just an attack. Slowing down probably isn't on the same level as Time Slow.

Again, maybe.

And noted.

But if Corvo can just insta-TP behind him, "nothing personnel kid" and kill him, unless Geralt always uses these, Corvo probably wins more often than not in an admittedly very close match.

Well, to be fair, that's only if Corvo starts with Possesion.

Assuming both activate at the same time:

• Corvo slows/stops time:
    • Geralt uses Axii. Corvo gets stunned/mind-controlled for a length of time that's actually well longer than the duration of Timestop, before Geralt walks over and stabs him.
    • Geralt uses Quen. Corvo, in stopped time, bolts/throws bombs at Geralt or just walks up to him and stabs him, and when Time is un-stopped Quen shatters and Corvo is hit with a crap-ton of attacks he doesn't know where it came from.
    • Geralt uses Yrden. If Corvo walks into the area of effect he gets noticeably slowed and poisoned. If Corvo attacks Geralt from a range Geralt's greivously injured and Corvo can likely take it from there.
    • Geralt uses Heliotrope. Nothing happens and Geralt is killed if Corvo stops time, Geralt would probably get boosted enough to negate slowed time.
    • Geralt uses Igni/Aard or pulls out his crossbow: Geralt's boned.
  • Corvo uses Possesion.
    • Not entirely sure what would happen if Axii lands, then possion activates. I'd assume Corvo would do nothing in Geralt's body and escape, while Geralt barfs, and both of them would recover in a few seconds and engage in a melee fight decided by AP/what they do next.
    • Geralt uses Quen. Corvo possesses Geralt and leaves, then tries to attack Geralt while Geralt is barfing/collecting himself, then his attack his negated and he's suddenly hit with half the force of whatever he attacked Geralt with.
    • Geralt uses Yrden. Corvo possesses Geralt then leaves, the is hit with the Yrden trap which slows and poisons him, while bolting him with lightning. Geralt collects himself and finishes Corvo off.
    • Geralt uses Helitrope. Geralt's speed is enhanced to the point where after Corvo leaves his body, he collects himself and rips Corvo a new one before Corvo can properly react.
    • Geralt uses Igni/Aard/pulls out his crossbow: Corvo possesses Geralt, leaves, then slits Geralt's thought while Geralt's collecting himself.
Geralt wins those situations 3/6 times each.

Corvo could also start with Rats, a Wind Blast, or pulling out a weapon, which Geralt would take 3/6 times with signs, and the other three would be decided by AP and skill.

There better be 8-C feats for my Corvo vs. Booker dreams to come true

Also a chance Geralt goes for a weapon. Which is another event in which he loses. Additionally even you said Corvo's time stop would probably be faster than Geralt's signs. Additionally, Quen is not an instant win, just a good momentary boon to Geralt.

I already mentioned Geralt going for a weapon, though.

But yeah, Corvo being faster to the draw would probably tip this in his favor.

Oh. Didn't even see that, my bad.

I assume it's Weekly and Bambu for Corvo?

Also speedbump.

And yeah my vote is for Corvo atm

Are the combatants a relative distance away from each other? Or do they start off right in front of each other?

The latter just turns into a standoff on who acts first which is rather inconclusive because it depends on how one chooses to interpret how fast their abilities activate.

If they are some distance apart, I'd say Corvo has the advantage as he would be able to spot Geralt from farther distances meaning he has a much better opportunity to set up an ambush and with his ability to increase his speed alongside his time slow/stop, may grant him enough speed to blitz in for a kill before Geralt can Axii.

That's simply how I interpret it. The fight will go either way if there's no distance apart however.

Under SBA, they are at the maximum distance either one has for their abilities. This equates to dozens of meters range.

Then I would give it to Corvo then, both have enhanced senses but Corvo has superior vision and will locate Geralt faster.

There's also his Blink, which furthers my stance on the blitz-kill narrative.

To be fair Geralt has a reflexes/speed amping ability that works just as well as Corvo's time slow, and has ways of slowing Corvo down, although that won't help with Time Stop. Also Geralt starting with Quen would mean that Corvo just hurts himself with his first couple of attacks.

Corvo - 3 (Weekly, Bambu, Abstractions)

Wait there's a Dishonored Novel? Damn.

Also by chance Corvo technically has the abilities Emily possesses like Domino and Decoy. There might be a chance Corvo resists the mind haxx so I'm siding with him alongside reasons above. Even with those reflex amp in mind, time stop is a bit more effective

Back