• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SpookyShadow said:
"GER can't bring him back from death"
It's not like he can't. It's unknown if he can.
Which means he can't. Stands go along with the user, without feats that applies to GER just fine.

I was talking with Chariot and he got speculations that GER might be a completely separate stand from user too. Hence why Giorno didn't know what the **** was going on and GER was hecking with King Crimson's abilities. Also quoting him

"I honestly believe that Giorno died temporarily when Diavolo smashed his head in given what happened, Diavolo himself even seemed to think that Giorno was dead but was astounded the Stand (GER) was fine. "

But we don't know. Stands sometimes work after user's death.

Giorno never got a killing blow. And not knowing his own ability is natural. He just got the power. But even then it doesn't mean he exist independently from Giorno.

Ah, so it was debunked? I think people had a source in the manga where it said it could do that. But i'm not sure. Also, you're acting like Highway To Hell is instant. Hermes still had some time to react and save Thunder's ass from dying as soon as she was attacked by Highway To Hell.

Yes, you need to overcome your will to live.

Anyways, isn't "will" there obviously referring to their intended outcome for an action being negated? Like, you punch someone so they get the hurt, but that will gets reverted?

Didn't the guy it affected still want to kill Giorno..?

Regardless, what does it change? Giorno would still punch Thunder, Thunder would die, and Giorno would die. The effects of his stand don't need will.

Firephoenixearl said:
SpookyShadow said:
Yes a confirmed statement from databooks.
With 0 context.
What context do you need? He gave you the entire stand description, do you need him to send you the entire fight with Diavolo? GER is outright stated to have Willpower Manipulation in the form of setting the strength of your will to zero.

It would be inconclusive as GER's willpower manipulation doesn't force the opponent to withdraw their stand. Diavolo still had King Crimson out when GER was pummeling him.

Also, yeah, if Giorno attacks and kills Thunder, it will revert on Giorno.

Thunder's H2H is not an aattack, but an effect.

idk I'm still under the belief that GER can bring back Giorno from the dead.

Worse case scenario, implying he wasnt dead even with all the information given, he can instantly heal lethal wounds at the very least.

SpookyShadow said:
Yes a confirmed statement from databooks.
It's not even from a databook, it's from the manga itself. The stand bios became a thing in Part 5 manga onward (kinda simplified in 7 and 8 though).

GER is my favorite stand, so it sucks that these fights aren't even interesting. They're all either a stomp or inconclusive.

Firephoenixearl said:
Giorno never got a killing blow. And not knowing his own ability is natural. He just got the power. But even then it doesn't mean he exist independently from Giorno.
Diavolo literally yelled I'm going to kill you, punched his head in saying k thk now die, Giorno's head split open, blood sprayed, his eyes rolled back into his head and stoped moving comepletely and became limp and fell over.

Diavolo upen seeing GER functioning (giorno, even in the same pael is still white eyed on the pavement not moving with blood coming from his head) with Diavolo saying wtf he should be dead with his head split open.

We dont know if he was dead for sure but it sure as hell looked like it and was implied (meanwhile GER was fine) and if not it would still mean he can instantly heal fatal wounds even after Giorno was completely unconscious.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
GER is my favorite stand, so it sucks that these fights aren't even interesting. They're all either a stomp or inconclusive.
My favorite Stand is SCR, at least GER gets matches...

Also yeah, it's sad but that's the life of being broke ass in a low-ish ap tier.

SpookyShadow said:
At least my favorite Stand (HD) gets some nice matches xD
Rohan kinda lucky, he's only low-key broke ass, especially for his tier, he can get away with a lot more without being a stomp because even if he wins a lot due to his character the opponents have a wincon if they manage to get an attack in usually.

I mean, at the very least, he did take a punch from GE without ******* exploding.

His best feat though is sadly punching through a metal pole.

Although I'm wondering why he only has human speed, his movements were slow and dull when walking, then when he decided to chase Pol it went from slow to Bruno was like wtf he's fast.

Getting this thread back in order wouldn't GER trigger the moment McQueen tries to harm himself? Even then its not like Giorno wouldn't be able to heal himself should GER disrupt McQueen mid attempt.

That's true, GER could make it so HTH wouldnt even activate or McQueen would never actually end up harming himself. Hell, if McQueen dies GER can just drop him in a death loop and BFR his ass to the shadow realm.

GER blitzes McQueen before he can activate Highway To Hell; and even if he could activate Highway To Hell, GER could just reset it to before Highway To Hell appeared on Giorno's neck and then kill McQueen.

that same data book says "who ever gets struck by GER" smh that in itself should have its own thread whether he doesnt need to kill ro BFR or he does

Back