• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gentle Pull Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Just noticed that we have a profile for it. Hmm. But anyway, since it's called the supreme being of the Mario verse (Its profile states that it's a supreme deity according to Rosalina), shouldn't it be above Super Dimentio? What do you guys think? For the record, here's the profile

Are you sure the Gentle Pull is the supreme being of all of Marioverse, or just the SMG verse? There is a reason why there is a "likely higher" text beside Gentle Pull's tiering.

I always thought the paper mario verse was a completely separate universe from the SMG verse.

According to the note at the bottom of Mario's page, there's not a difference between the two (2-D Mario verse and 3-D Mario verse)

I'm not getting the vibe that the Gentle Pull entity is the supreme being of all of the Marioverse, just merely the SMGverse part of the....Marioverse.

Though i'm not the best one to judge this. I'll maybe have to get DinoBlack here.

Hmm...I think it's fine where it is, as long as it has the "likely higher". The Gentle Pull was treated as the supreme force behind the universe (and possibly beyond), but that was not in the same verse as Super Paper Mario, and only Super Dimentio made mention of annihilating "all universes".

I'm with Azathoth on this. The GP having the Likely Higher part should somewhat suffice enough as it is.....

For anybody confused about the canoncity of the series regarding this topic, please refer to the note on this page. Now ask for the topic on hand, we should keep in mind this force Rosalina speaks of is quite pretty vague and unexploited so there's no telling how much higher we should rate it. I believe it sits conformtably fine in "At least 2-C, likely higher" as it's a minimum. But if one really want to scale it off the events of SMP, At least 2-B should be enough. However, it's should be nothing higher than that until futher notice because again this deity/source is vague.

I honestly feel rather uncomfortable with scaling this to Paper Mario and think the "likely higher" would suffice like Azzy and Cross were saying.

However due to the vagueness of TGP and the lack of canon regarding Mario, I wouldn't be overly opposed to a compromise.

I think "At least 2-C, possibly 2-B" would be alright if that were the case. What do you think @Dino.

Well......I already said that I believe the profile is fine the way it is but if we wish to change the profile due to the events of SPM, then it should be "At least 2-B" but nothing higher until further notice due to how vague it is. As long it's either of those two, I don't have any conflict.

I do believe I think gentle should be above Mario and dimentio since it is a supreme being. It wouldn't make sense if he wasn't stronger than Mario and dimentio (since paper mario is mario)

Well one of the reasons I am unsure of scaling this to Paper Mario is that, while likely higher than its current tier due to vastly exceeding Rosalina, The Gentle Pull was only explicitly mentioned to have jurisdiction/power over the universe SMG took place in. Not the entire multiverse or existence or anything like that. I guess one possible way to look at this is that TGP is the god/supreme force of the main Mario universe, but not the whole multiverse Dimentio was going to destroy.

However due to the vague, ambiguous nature of this topic, it isn't completely absurd for TGP to be the god of the whole Marioverse, but we don't know for sure.

Either we keep its current tier and the likely higher (which is my preferred rating and seems to be the one most here agree upon) or we put "At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-B" as its status in regards to the whole of Mario is very uncertain.

The Super Mario Galaxy series appears to show a multiverse, like when Luigi meets himself after Mario get 120 stars, (something that would not be possible if it were a single universe).

I do not want to speculate or theorize because it is a vague character to establish anything, but it seems to take it as sustainable 2-B.

In addition, see this Bestovius statement.

Press A to slip between The very fabric of space and flip between 2-D and 3-D! Well, what do you think? Mind blowing, isn't it? What is the 'A' I speak off? I assure you that if we are being watched from another dimension… Those beings will understand. But you lack the mustache for full comprehension.
This was a clear reference to The Player. There is a huge possibility of The Gentle Pull and The Player are the same, but I doubt that very much, honestly. Nevertheless, we can say that The Player, (me, you and everyone playing) are as in the description of Rosalina, over that time, most of that space, and above the laws of the universe, or rather the Multiverse.

I suppose that Lina's suggestion may make sense.

I agree with Lina as well. Except maybe instead an "At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-B" with the same justification Lina had.

I don't mind Lina's suggestion as well. If only because he had the word "Multiverse" that we put possibly 2-B instead of possibly higher. On the second half of the rating, i mean...

If we are in an agreement about these changes, I could edit the page if it's unlocked if you guys would like.

I guess this is concluded now. I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back