• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Is there any way you could talk about your degenerate fantasies somewhere else? This is the general discussion
-Sent by a sane person
Yeah I feel like the general discussion thread is NOT the place to discuss your uh, feelings about the cast
Nah fam, that degenerate thing always a things in general discussion threads, not only in Genshin but in others as well
- Senr by a cultured person

Ngl, everyone said that the Sumeru characters isn't brown or black is racist and break immersion yet also say that Isshin is trash cause it doesn't work with Kazuha despite the lore and aesthetic fitting him have some pretty weird double standard (in immersion, i also have a problem with the racist part but that's a different rant).

The story specifically go out of it way to say that Kazuha and Isshin is NOT compatible at all. Kazuha even have his own sword that is just a sword he brought along and was only that good due to the Isshin style (wait till he pull out the glock) allow him to draw more power from it and it doesn't matter what weapons he get, the one that he is most comfortable and have used for a long time is always the better one.

Not only that, Isshin last wish is for Kazuha to reforge the sword so that one day the reforged blade might be on par or surpass the light of the Shogun, as long as it's a blade forged by a Kaedehara that did that, Isshin is satisfied. Thing is, the Isshin martial art is less for combat and more for testing the blade, the sword wish is for the newly forged blade to go on to fullfil the thing he failed, NOT that it need to be Kazuha who did it, and in fact, as a Kaedehara, having someone else use their sword to surpass the Shogun would be even MORE fitting since Kazuha family is a family who forged the best blade for the Shogun or other not for self use.

Also since Kazuha want to restore his family and learn about the sword not as a swordsman but as a smith, what would be more perfect then to lend it to someone else who would go on and surpass the Shogun?

So yeah the fact that it ISN'T usable for him (exaggeration since all weapons is usable) should be good for immersion and lore friendly, but nooo, everyone just have to be a meta slave and can't get pass it aesthetic which doesn't mean anything, the sword was made with the Isshin style and if the Isshin style can't represent their ideal and aesthetic to separate themselves from other, it would a pretty big disappointment for 1 of the 5 great family of swordsmith in Inazuma, so the sword aesthetically fit Kazhuha should not matter.

Tho if you just hate it cause it's just a bad weapon then eh, fair enough.

So base on the sus leak, there is a new weapon type in development, it's supposed to be a hybrid between range and melee, so I'll try to predict which one it's:

Guns: the most likely option since i doubt it will be release in Sumeru and Fontaine seem high tech enough for gun to be a thing, you could do some gunfu and gun smack so melee so range hybrid is there, they could also have thing like bayonet or knife attach to it so yeah, very likely.
Whip: might stir twitter a bit but it's an option, with enough length it could reach quite far, it could also be use for melee albeit less effective so there's some skill requirement there.
Chakram: if it still fall down to Sumeru then this one is possible, the fact that it could be use for range and melee and also fit with the region.
Shield: honestly, this and the gun is probably the most possibly one, the reason is pretty obvious, the other 2 is too niche, as we can see with other weapon type, they are generally pretty diverse in design (especially catalyst) and is pretty general in uses across the world, it would also need to allow for not too jank animation, so the only other option that could fit is gun or shield, gun for obvious reason while shield can literally be a plank and can be use pretty generally with the kid version to be possibly quite cute, the shield can also be use for melee, deflect projectile back or thrown, so definitely check the range requirement.
Something else: now i don't know history so my knowledge in weapons that is holdable is pretty limited, but they could very well make up some BS term like "dual wield" or something like that, it would allow for diverse design since the chakram and knife could fit here, both of which can function on the 2 range and maybe alot more other weapons could fit this category.

All in all, i have a feeling that shield or gun is the more likely one, what do you guys think?

Polearms are different from Scythes. Scythes have a completely different fighting style (i.e., using the extended blade to slice) and are too different from current polearms (i.e. spears)
Well there are plenty of polearms both IRL and (I think) already in the game that use swinging motions.
Assuming that the answer to your question is yes then I agree that that’s most likely.
Though this was me being dumb

Well there are plenty of polearms both IRL and (I think) already in the game that use swinging motions.
yes, however they function differently in terms of blades. Current animations for Polearms only support animations that rely on the tip of the polearm to hit. Scythes rely on the extended blades to slice apart the opponent. It wouldn't work because scythe polarms wouldnt work with the animations of e.g. the Raiden Shogun

yes, however they function differently in terms of blades. Current animations for Polearms only support animations that rely on the tip of the polearm to hit. Scythes rely on the extended blades to slice apart the opponent. It wouldn't work because scythe polarms wouldnt work with the animations of e.g. the Raiden Shogun
Raiden Shogun 's normal attack animations are all swings so it in fact would work well with her
A good example would've been Xiangling

Yeah I still don't really think scythes are as distinctive as guns or shields, also extra challenges of it clipping with the model as well as still effectively just being polearms but you swing only (which hurts animation diversity given how much it might clip), guns and shields already exist in the game and it would be easier on paper to implement.

A more better reason then animation and all that is that scythe aren't diverse in design (or it's and i just don't know my history) and pretty restrictive in what can qualify. Shield and gun tho, ******* squirt gun is still a gun, toy gun yet but still a gun, a random board could be a shield for the 1 star variant, you could get away with BS design more with shield and gun than you can with scythe.

Anyway, so i played the event story quest prologue and Kazuha story, there seem to be some scaling stuff and abilites.

Kazuha seem to be confidently consider to be the strongest of the group despite the knowledge that he only blocked Ei with 2 vision so he would scale above 2.8 traveler which should be stronger than Inazuma traveler since the traveler constantly regain their original power through time.
Mona seem to have both precog and clairvoyance since the way she talk about her scryglass seem to imply that it's more clairvoyance then the fate reading precog, so Alice can create stuff and maybe is also resistant to clairvoyance since Mona can't view it with it, maybe also precog as well but you guys is the judge on that.
Klee seem to still be on the top of the food chain since the traveler reaction to seeing Klee bomb seem to imply that they would still get obliterated by it or atleast severely injured.
Alice can create space altering object or whatever the Bonsai count as.
Either it's because of something else or Alice alteration of the archipalego cause people on it to understand boat and squirrel, also imply that all the boat and animal can talk but human simply can't understand, the later isn't new but the former is.

maybe is also resistant to clairvoyance since Mona can't view it with it, maybe also precog as well but you guys is the judge on that.
That reminds me: wasn’t Mona unable to read The Traveler and The Other Sibling’s fates as well? If so then that is an indicator that people from other worlds in general are unreadable to astrology

That reminds me: wasn’t Mona unable to read The Traveler and The Other Sibling’s fates as well? If so then that is an indicator that people from other worlds in general are unreadable to astrology
Uhh, she uses their own astrology and the Travelers world most likely doesn't have the same celestial bodies as theirs that could be the issue

Anyway, so i played the event story quest prologue and Kazuha story, there seem to be some scaling stuff and abilites.

Kazuha seem to be confidently consider to be the strongest of the group despite the knowledge that he only blocked Ei with 2 vision so he would scale above 2.8 traveler which should be stronger than Inazuma traveler since the traveler constantly regain their original power through time.
If you mean by Mona, sure but she has no knowledge of how strong the Traveler himself truly is she can read them, Fischl only heard about him from Paimon gassing him up and he doesn't really say anything at that point, there's no real definitive comparison between them.

But of course from Mona's reaction she does seem to regard him above him in terms of power and definitely combat skill, but that could also be in shock from his double vision feat
Mona seem to have both precog and clairvoyance since the way she talk about her scryglass seem to imply that it's more clairvoyance then the fate reading precog
Definitely
Klee seem to still be on the top of the food chain since the traveler reaction to seeing Klee bomb seem to imply that they would still get obliterated by it or atleast severely injured.
Getting shocked on seeing a Bomb is a perfectly normal reaction it doesn't necessarily have to be able to gravely injure them to get an adverse response, and their reaction to seeing isn't to that extent. They don't even exclaim and Klee as a top tier is a weird thing in itself

If you mean by Mona, sure but she has no knowledge of how strong the Traveler himself truly is she can read them, Fischl only heard about him from Paimon gassing him up and he doesn't really say anything at that point, there's no real definitive comparison between them.

But of course from Mona's reaction she does seem to regard him above him in terms of power and definitely combat skill, but that could also be in shock from his double vision feat

Getting shocked on seeing a Bomb is a perfectly normal reaction it doesn't necessarily have to be able to gravely injure them to get an adverse response, and their reaction to seeing isn't to that extent. They don't even exclaim and Klee as a top tier is a weird thing in itself
Well It does show that the traveler and Paimon later on doesn't really have anything against having Kazuha being the body guard of the whole group, so Kazuha have to atleast be comparable to 2.8 traveler which there really isn't any anti-feat for it.

Klee being top tier is weird yes, since we tend to view top tier as a whole, all stat and abilites, but in term of raw fire power she's stated to be the strongest in Mondstadt in her demo (well yes, Varka and Alice is a thing but 1 is well within range while the other almost never been seen or recognize by the people), so her being above traveler wouldn't be a stretch.

Last edited:
Klee being top tier is weird yes, since we tend to view top tier as a whole, all stat and abilites, but in term of raw fire power she's stated to be the strongest in Mondstadt in her demo (well yes, Varka and Alice), so her being above traveler wouldn't be a stretch.
Klee’s birthday letter involved her not even deeming her defeat of a Primo Geovishap worth mention so it’s more like their reaction to the bomb isn’t necessary to reach that conclusion.

True, true... Also, am i the only one who look at Tighnari art and default them to a girl without reading anything else?

Well It does show that the traveler and Paimon later on doesn't really have anything against having Kazuha being the body guard of the whole group, so Kazuha have to atleast be comparable to 2.8 traveler which there really isn't any anti-feat for it.
Not like they really have any reason to object.
She was talking about skills in any case and then traveler reaffirms that Kazuha is skilled as a swordsman.
It doesn't necessarily mean he's more powerful than the Traveler.

I myself hate the vague powerscaling in this game, I wonder if it's the same people that made Honkai
Klee being top tier is weird yes, since we tend to view top tier as a whole, all stat and abilites, but in term of raw fire power she's stated to be the strongest in Mondstadt in her demo (well yes, Varka and Alice is a thing but 1 is well within range while the other almost never been seen or recognize by the people), so her being above traveler wouldn't be a stretch.
You mean the whole thing based on the Who is strongest fighter in Mondstadt? Story Quest, That isn't too reliable considering she's not really a fighter and just leaves a trail of destruction in her wake with her bombs and yk it's an opinion from just One guy, not the Story Narrative.

Her character demo also suggests, Jean, Diluc, and Noelle.

And about her defeating the Primo Vishap, sure that's pretty interesting but she doesn't seems to have a reaction that she knows exactly what she did, she's indifferent to it as long as Jean doesn't catch her. Cause she's still a kid

Not like they really have any reason to object.
She was talking about skills in any case and then traveler reaffirms that Kazuha is skilled as a swordsman.
It doesn't necessarily mean he's more powerful than the Traveler.

I myself hate the vague powerscaling in this game, I wonder if it's the same people that made Honkai

You mean the whole thing based on the Who is strongest fighter in Mondstadt? Story Quest, That isn't too reliable considering she's not really a fighter and just leaves a trail of destruction in her wake with her bombs and yk it's an opinion from just One guy, not the Story Narrative.

Her character demo also suggests, Jean, Diluc, and Noelle.

And about her defeating the Primo Vishap, sure that's pretty interesting but she doesn't seems to have a reaction that she knows exactly what she did, she's indifferent to it as long as Jean doesn't catch her. Cause she's still a kid
Fair.

Eh, the only real vague powerscaling is the low tier, the mid tier generally have some line to thread (tho some also have vague feat or statement).

I mean, those were add in as a joke so i don't know.

What's your point? It just mean that she fodderized it.

Really, you are just downplaying Klee here, she have no anti feat to not be that high and some statement to back it up. Also i think you misunderstood my point, I'm not saying she's the strongest fighter cause she's obviously not, even Sayu is a better fighter then her, I'm saying she have the strongest FIREPOWER in Mondstadt not counting her mother, glass canon exist you know.

Last edited:
Also Xinyan quest in the event was pretty good, seem like the mirage was created by the machine we saw in the "prologue" tho there may be more than just the machine that cause the mirage (seem abit too complex for just it to do).

Mona divination seem to be both precog and clairvoyance, her clairvoyance range is pretty good too if we use the Nato data sheet and even if we don't that's still roughly a kilometer for a pretty fast acting clairvoyance since even under the affect of the machine causing the scryglass to get hazy again, she still was able to immeadiately see the energy flow that reach to an island that by the game shit distance, is 600m away. Damn, we getting alot of Mona feat, also she can actually turn into water, so atleast Ayaka and maybe all catalyst user can too.

Please tell me this is a joke and you already knew this.
Also Xinyan quest in the event was pretty good, seem like the mirage was created by the machine we saw in the "prologue" tho there may be more than just the machine that cause the mirage (seem abit too complex for just it to do).

Mona divination seem to be both precog and clairvoyance, her clairvoyance range is pretty good too if we use the Nato data sheet and even if we don't that's still roughly a kilometer for a pretty fast acting clairvoyance since even under the affect of the machine causing the scryglass to get hazy again, she still was able to immeadiately see the energy flow that reach to an island that by the game shit distance, is 600m away. Damn, we getting alot of Mona feat, also she can actually turn into water, so atleast Ayaka and maybe all catalyst user can too.
Alice is probably one of those characters we're not going to learn how she does stuff. Meanwhile the water thing emphasizes that all the people who have shown intangibility can do it at-will. You think that them being hurt by attacks is for the same non-physical interaction reasons as slimes or is it a limitation?

Probably cause the fact that everyone and their mother have NPI, doubly so for god and vision holder since vision holder can interact with Oculi which is both non interactable to normal people and also invisible to them, god simply scale or atleast Chad like Zhongli and archon, so the only time we actually see people utilize it is for movement does make sense.

There are also the more ordinary people that don't have visions but still are ready to fight Vision users or beings like slimes if needed.

Eh, the only real vague powerscaling is the low tier, the mid tier generally have some line to thread (tho some also have vague feat or statement).
Nah, only the gods have somewhat concrete scaling, everything is just a "should be". With a few impressive feats with no interaction between those who performed it and this who should scale.
I mean, those were add in as a joke so i don't know.
It wasn't really a joke since it was put in together with Klee and those people were mentioned in the story quest barring Noelle iirc
What's your point? It just mean that she fodderized it.
Nothing really, but Klee acts like that to everything she nukes
Really, you are just downplaying Klee here, she have no anti feat to not be that high and some statement to back it up. Also i think you misunderstood my point, I'm not saying she's the strongest fighter cause she's obviously not, even Sayu is a better fighter then her, I'm saying she have the strongest FIREPOWER in Mondstadt not counting her mother, glass canon exist you know.
okay, I can agree to that, though I didn't see where it said she had the greatest firepower in the trailer
Please tell me this is a joke and you already knew this.
It's a joke, was trying to say how Honkai to has good consistent feats, cross scaling between characters and combat interactions with each other. Unlike Genshin Impact where it's somewhat taboo for them to show even 1 fight between 2 vision wielders on screen
Alice is probably one of those characters we're not going to learn how she does stuff.
Genshin shenanigans.
Meanwhile the water thing emphasizes that all the people who have shown intangibility can do it at-will. You think that them being hurt by attacks is for the same non-physical interaction reasons as slimes or is it a limitation?
..Slimes seem to not have what should be Elemental Intangibility seeing as they're condensed, they get put in regular Barrels, and heck even Anemo slimes don't Elemental Intang their way out the crude slime balloons Hilichurls use them for.

Tried watching every fight scene and cutscenes I got recorded on my phone and I could only find one instance was where Delusion Childe phases through Morax's Exuvia in an attempt to take the gnoses, kinda like what Naruto did to Hinata.

The rest of the scenes are them being shrouded in Elemental energy to boost their speed or something, there's no instance I could find for them using it defensively or actively in combat at all

..Slimes seem to not have what should be Elemental Intangibility seeing as they're condensed, they get put in regular Barrels, and heck even Anemo slimes don't Elemental Intang their way out the crude slime balloons Hilichurls use them for.
Well, there is a commission where Stanley described a Pyro Slime as amorphous and stated that fighting didn't seem to do anything though that happened while he was drunk.

I will continue to lament on Genshin's lack of expatiation on their power system indefinitely

Back