• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact - Feat Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making this CRT because a lot of Genshin Impact here is mostly done by uncertainty, as Genshin hardly ever talks about distance. But, there are some things I want to review here.

The first thing is this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Avengershows/Baal_Island_Kachow

The 1000 mile calculation comes from this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EG_oP4f6TTA/maxresdefault.jpg

Well, since it's not clear if Inazuma is part of those "100 miles" we assume that it isn't, and that is the distance between Liyue port and Inazuma.

First: The 1000 miles is obviously from Liyue Port to Inazuma, as it is said that the "people of Mt. Tianheng" (which is the people of Liyue), therefore, the line is wrong to be from where Beidou's boat was to Inazuma

So this should be the right distance of 1000 miles:

456 x 233px

Second: We assumed Inazuma's size in line with the fact that Inazuma is visually/geographically inspired by Japan (and various other things inspired by Japan).

But, I disagree with putting Inazuma's size/length the same as in Japan. Despite being visually similar, there is no evidence that they are actually the same size / length, in addition to both having their differences. I suggest using the 1000 miles to measure the size of the island and the cutoff to determine Raiden's AP, as the 1000 miles is a Genshin canon thing, as opposed to "Inazuma is the same size as Japan".

The size of the cut made by Shogun is around 7 times smaller than the distance between Liyue and Inazuma, which is around 228 km:

56 x 28px

Using Inazuma's length to measure the length of the cut made by Shogun is a mistake, as Inazuma's length is not known, even if using the fact that Inazuma is inspired by Japan, the best canon distance measure we have is 1000 miles, measuring the length of the island and the cut made by Shogun using the 1000 mile distance is the safest thing to do.

Last edited:
Following this.

I think we should use the distance between The Gulli Assembly to Liyue Harbour(100,000 m) to measure the Distance between Liyue and Inazuma. 100,000 m is from 200 Li in CN and it is close to the English Dub of 60 Miles. I don't remember any other distances stated lore-wise that are not like Metaphors.

Then, will focus on this CRT. I might do the Inazuma distance now tho.

Last edited:
Just did a quick Scaling using Gulli Assembly Distance which 100,000 meters (200 li in CN) or 60 Miles from Liyue Harbour as the reference since it has been stated in Lore.

The distance from Liyue Harbour to Inazuma is only 644 kilometers. The distance might reduce by a kilometer or two, as I did bend the line to avoid the rocks.

The slash is only like 74 kilometer -ish. I did not properly scale the slash. I will do it like this evening after getting back and rechecking the scaling and post the calcs and pictures.

Last edited:
Following this.

I think we should use the distance between The Gulli Assembly to Liyue Harbour(100,000 m) to measure the Distance between Liyue and Inazuma. 100,000 m is from 200 Li in CN and it is close to the English Dub of 60 Miles. I don't remember any other distances stated lore-wise that are not like Metaphors.

Then, will focus on this CRT. I might do the Inazuma distance now tho.
In case, you'll have to put a scan of this if you're going to redo a CRT about the sizing of these things.

Just posted the Calc in The Calculation Evaluation Thread. Would take some time for it to be approved. I will next do The Jade Chamber Explosion next before getting to Zhongli's feat.

By the way, where is it stated that the adepts only created the cave for Morax and Azhdaha?

There is a source for that. Let me find. It was probably by Soraya. Found it:

That would be a downgrade for all divine feats that use this distance as a calculation, including Andrius.
But how low would it go? Do we have a re-calc? I'm not gonna lie, I would find it very pleasing if Genshin Impact got downgraded to Nuclear tier archons. If Shenhe's tsunami freezing feat can also get a re-calc that gives it a lower end value, that could lead to (when added to my thread) a full verse-wide downgrade. Which IMO is only reasonable as this setting doesn't have the kind of worldbuilding that justifies or can handle such massive power scales.

There are FAR TOO MANY confrontations between Hilichurls and trained Vision users for the verse to not be permanently shrouded in nuclear winter if its characters can all trivially obliterate cities. You wouldn't need an old deity's ressurrection to destroy Liyue, you'd just need Paimon to decide to descend upon the city and deliver it some Paimonial Wrath.

But how low would it go? Do we have a re-calc? I'm not gonna lie, I would find it very pleasing if Genshin Impact got downgraded to Nuclear tier archons. If Shenhe's tsunami freezing feat can also get a re-calc that gives it a lower end value, that could lead to (when added to my thread) a full verse-wide downgrade. Which IMO is only reasonable as this setting doesn't have the kind of worldbuilding that justifies or can handle such massive power scales.

There are FAR TOO MANY confrontations between Hilichurls and trained Vision users for the verse to not be permanently shrouded in nuclear winter if its characters can all trivially obliterate cities. You wouldn't need an old deity's ressurrection to destroy Liyue, you'd just need Paimon to decide to descend upon the city and deliver it some Paimonial Wrath.
Honestly, considering how the Genshin Impact lode works, many Genshin Impact characters on this wiki are at higher levels than they should be.
The demotion would mainly be the freezing of Andrius (which would result in the Archons being demoted).
And honestly, finding that almost every character with training is vision and city level is really strange considering how Genshin's lore works

And I plan to make a change in the explanation of Diluc's profile, he when younger went around destroying a bunch of Fatui strongholds, reaching a point where the 11 Fatuis see him as a "threat", and Diluc still goes around destroying strongholds fatuis without his vision, and he was still about 5 years younger if I'm not mistaken.

It is strange indeed. I really do not think they should scale to the 7-B "bamboo forest cut in one blow" feat which I think they're being scaled to: that's said to be a feat from a legendary swordsman. NOBODY should be scaling to that except the gods and perhaps the high tiers (Harbingers, Adepti and the like) who are already scaling to people comparable to that.

Well, she's 6-C either way, then? Or is there another way to re-calc it that would bring her down to Nuclear tier?
Anyone who is Archon-level should scale to Raiden Shogun.

Oh, I just thought we were going to nerf the archon tier more significantly, my bad. xD

That's because my thread is seeking to nerf the low and mid tier characters of the verse quite significantly, and could potentially nerf the entire verse in terms of speed.

Oh, I just thought we were going to nerf the archon tier more significantly, my bad. xD

That's because my thread is seeking to nerf the low and mid tier characters of the verse quite significantly, and could potentially nerf the entire verse in terms of speed.
Why nerf the Shogun tho? The shockwave of her attack literally SPLIT an island in half and left it irradiated with energy for hundreds of years. I don't see how you could push her to nuclear tier without using incredibly broken logic and bias which would really not pass

Again, it was just a misunderstanding. Anyways, we're seeing Archon tier nerfs from High 6-C to 6-C, right? Are there also nerfs for Adepti/Harbinger tier characters?

Why nerf the Shogun tho? The shockwave of her attack literally SPLIT an island in half and left it irradiated with energy for hundreds of years. I don't see how you could push her to nuclear tier without using incredibly broken logic and bias which would really not pass
Man, the energy on the island and the remnant of the Orobashi, and not Raiden's attack.
And the attack would still obviously take a downgrade even after this calculation, as the length would be much less than the previous length.
And isn't the width a bit off about it? The attack gets bigger and bigger, you can't say that the entire length of the cut is exactly 1078800 cm in width when the cut gets bigger as the length of the cut increases.

Last edited:
This is no longer used, look at the updated calc, I've seen like 5 people use this old calc which I redid with more accurate sizes literally here
Please stop talking about this OUTDATED CALC THAT IS NO LONGER USED AND STOP BASING IT FOR OTHER CALCS, THE NEW ONE HAS BEEN ACCEPTED FOR MONTHS
This calculation was not on the back page when I posted this.

And the attack would still obviously take a downgrade even after this calculation, as the length would be much less than the previous length.
And isn't the width a bit off about it? The attack gets bigger and bigger, you can't say that the entire length of the cut is exactly 1078800 cm in width when the cut gets bigger as the length of the cut increases.
I calculated that, I used the area for a triangle, and then just applied the depth.

I could've calculated the volume of a conus and divided it by half but I don't think it'd be exactly accurate, and it would actually create an absurd result of 7.50496e+24 Joules (which is continent level) of energy which is far too much for what seems to have happened there.
Man, the energy on the island and the remnant of the Orobashi, and not Raiden's attack.
Oh I forgot about that.
This calculation was not on the back page when I posted this.
No clue why

A calc already exists THAT WAS ACCEPTED.

THERE IS NO NEED TO RECALC ANYTHING ESP USING THE GUILI ENTRANCE BECAUSE I ALREADY DID AND IT'S ALREADY ACCEPTED AND UNDER EFFECT I'VE TOLD YOU THIS ON YOUR OWN CALCULATION.
Sorry, I didn't see that.

I just got on to vsbw. The major reason I did this was when I clicked on the link to Raiden's Slash it was the old calc, Inazuma is the size of Japan thing and not this calc.

What in-universe distances do we have available for scaling?
The feat has already been scaled with a more canon distance on the back, the problem is that it took about 2-3 months to put the calculation on the verse page, so this CRT doesn't matter anymore.

The feat has already been scaled with a more canon distance on the back, the problem is that it took about 2-3 months to put the calculation on the verse page, so this CRT doesn't matter anymore.
I see. Have all affected profiles been revised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back