• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin impact BlackHole feat upgrade?

This is going to be the most controversal upgrade in my life for now (god help me)
Hoyoverse games have been eating too good (Hi3 is 1-B and hsr is 4-A and 1-B with aeons)
But im going to feed the middle child and this middle child is known as Genshin Impact

INTRODUCTION
This entire upgrade is based of the currently accepted/evaluated calc about the all devouring narwhal making a BLACK HOLE during the fight

This entire calc got accepted due to Blackhole having:
With all of this...there are some questions regarding the blackhole that you may ask:
  • Is the blackhole thing canon,does it happen within the fight,how did neuvilette and traveler deal with it?
I believe so,this is because profiles in genshin impact such as Raiden Shogun have the specific abilities that are only shown in game:
For example:
with this...all other attacks in trounce domain fights (where narwhal fight is) the moves,techniques,and abilities were listed on the profiles of the characters that have their boss fight,therefore i believe this move of narwhal is to considered real:

ISSUES
First and foremost:How will this scale to the game?
Simply:this fight is between the Traveler,whom already has fought the god tiers and even tho they dont scale directly towards them,he wont scale directly to the narwhal either,as it is said by neuvilette that he shared his powers with the traveler as well.
Tartaglia: He only battled the whale with the foul legacy,so only this form will have the scaling to the whale,but even he didnt do much except bring some deep cuts and fight him for a very long time.
Neuvilette:He is obviously scaling to the narwhal,and even above it as he ensured the role of "Executioner" to the traveler so with that neuvilette made sure the traveler deals killing blows instead.
Archons:while a bit confusing the prime versions (the ones with 6-C+ rating)will also scale to the narwhal and above him
Top 3 Fatui Harbingers and Arlecchino: The top three of the Harbingers have power that rivals the gods,while Arlecchino violated traveler even while holding back against him.
Focalors and Rukkhadevata lack their profiles,the same way they lack feats,so they will not be affected,
same goes for Tsaritsa (Cryo archon) and Pyro archon (Currently unknown) as we need to wait for their lore and story in their respective quests.

Second:How did tartaglia,traveler,and neuvilette deal with the blackhole?

Well this is simple(i think): Some of the moves in Genshin Impact,have the certain game mechanic in order to be dealt with
for example: Final Calamity, Setsuna Shoumetsu,Aftershocks of the apocalypse.
So did we deal with the blackhole via game mechanic...or?
well the answer is both.
Why?Well in order to destroy blackhole in game you have to:
Use arkhe attack to destroy it which is actually canon within the game and story as all the fontaine characters get their specific arkhe (pneuma,ousia)
and you can attack blackhole several times fast enough in order to break it,and it would make sense since Tartaglia does not have arkhe since he is Snezhnayan and not Fontanian,while Traveler and Neuvilette have the arkhe,hence they can destroy blackhole. (albeit this argument is kinda weak,it is the only way of dealing with blackhole shown)

Third:What about inazuma traveler?Inazuma traveler only ever was able to fight Ei to the equal ground and beat her is with 99 vission buff,therefore he will only scale to god tiers in that key,every other key after Sumeru chapter will scale to Andrius where the rest of low god tiers scale (Scaramouche,Arlecchino,non prime archons..etc).
if he ever gets a feat of fighting god tiers without help or buff from others he will get the upgrade accordingly.

CONCLUSION
I will list several options regarding this CRT in order to have the most consistent and fair scale since i dont want to make everyone scale to each other nor do i want to make some chainscaling that will result in contradictions later on:
  • 1.The blackhole thing is real,narwhal has 5-A ap,and thus those who scale to Foul Legacy Tartaglia(via foul legacy),Neuvilette,Narwhal will be scaling to 5-A,they will also get their resistances accordingly explained in option 2
  • 2(safest option imo).The blackhole thing is real, But because genshin currently has no UES the Whale will have 5-A Ap via Blackhole,characters who fought the Narwhal will have Resistance to Gravity Manipulation/Black Hole creation instead accordingly. and the narwhal aswell since he has another blackhole in his body,and has a entity that can turn into blackhole,and sustain one in his body too,but because blackhole ignore conventional durability as explained here.
  • 3.The blackhole thing is outlier,and therefore no one will scale to it (i dont believe in this option,as i already explained why the blackhole feat should work and the statements regarding the blackhole boss drop also makes sense with what the blackhole can do,so flowery language argument or hyperbole is stupid imo.)

Notes:
I apologise for grammar errors or any errors regarding the text in this crt,english is not my native language so im bound to make some mistakes here and there
@Giannysmag dont kill me uwu
Votes:
Option 1: @SatellaTheWoE
Option 2: @Giannysmag , @ActuallySpaceMan42 , @Kisaragi_Megumi , @CloverDragon03 , @Harith0cell ,@SatellaTheWoE, @AbaddonTheDisappointment @DarkDragonMedeus
Option 3:

Last edited:
Disagree with Tartaglia scaling off it
IT would destroy logic that the weakest harbinger scales to archon lvl, when only top 3 are that lvl

@Giannysmag dont kill me uwu
I am rapidly approaching your location

So I'm not smart enough to know if the black hole actually fits our standards but if it does this would be the option I would go with. While elemental energy can be argued to be a UES, I am almost certain the Narwhal wasn't using elemental energy to create the black hole but rather a power from another world.

Hell even in verses that have UES's we don't always scale black holes to physicals (case and point)

IT would destroy logic that the weakest harbinger scales to archon lvl, when only top 3 are that lvl
According to my calculations (insert nerd voice or just nerd emote me) the option 2 is most likely to pass!

Tart would only scale with Foul Legacy anyways and we know he always trains and gets stronger so it wouldn't be completely impossible for him to be on that level

I am rapidly approaching your location

So I'm not smart enough to know if the black hole actually fits our standards but if it does this would be the option I would go with. While elemental energy can be argued to be a UES, I am almost certain the Narwhal wasn't using elemental energy to create the black hole but rather a power from another world.
yes it was stated by skirk that you would need power from "Beyond this world to beat him" and he is even made by The Foul whom also uses that power,i think even skirk would be 5-A via blackhole too.
Hell even in verses that have UES's we don't always scale black holes to physicals (case and point)
just what i tought about ty

Goddammit.

"Narwhal has a black hole in its mouth" -> "Black holes eat stars" -> "Insects are to birds, as hares are to wolves. The stars are to the black hole, as the worlds are to the voracity." -> "Voracity eat worlds" -> "Narwhal is a Pathstrider of Voracity"
Conclusion: Narwhal is 4-A
tell-me-your-best-enigmata-theory-v0-3n6yoi0pj1zc1.png

UKdBP2I.png

flPI2Cn.png

What did she mean by this?
I'm pretty sure this black hole argument has been going on for like an eternity to no avail. But eh, good luck to y'all. And for my previous comments that you screenshotted out of context, good question because I'm having those recursive breakdowns quite often due to terrible internet and weather so not even I can remember. Not to mention our electricity systems were just flooded recently so don't expect me to be in such a joyful mood.

I'm pretty sure this black hole argument has been going on for like an eternity to no avail. But eh, good luck to y'all.
Because they used no calculatable feat,flowery statemens about whale devouring stars and shit,and half of those crts died mid arguments

Like you are telling me tartaglia is 4-C because of narwhal eating stars and bro is barely above azdaha size and the way he devours things is via blackhole and BFR he has in combat

I'm not sure I have any comments but I do think it's preferable if Garrixian calms down. I understand if she's frustrated with repeated topics, but it's still not necessary to make posts that are pretty much just raw cursing while not really adding context, clarifications, or contributions.

I'm not sure I have any comments but I do think it's preferable if Garrixian calms down. I understand if she's frustrated with repeated topics, but it's still not necessary to make posts that are pretty much just raw cursing while not really adding context, clarifications, or contributions.
Could’ve directly pinged me so I’ll get your message. Anyways, genuine apologies — while I am certainly frustrated with this, I only acted for banter because the OP and the other active users here are my close friends. But yeah, I’ll definitely keep this in-mind and try to be more insightful.

Now for the CRT, I would’ve agree with this in the past since I pushed for this topic before and tried to get a better calculation for the feat. But honestly looking back, black holes are something that’s rather strictly realistic so I might not even know what to say here. Iirc, on the last CRT with pretty much the same calculation and argument, Everything12 disagreed due to debating the black hole not being realistic, which halted the progress of that revision. I’ll be neutral now.

Could’ve directly pinged me so I’ll get your message. Anyways, genuine apologies — while I am certainly frustrated with this, I only acted for banter because the OP and the other active users here are my close friends. But yeah, I’ll definitely keep this in-mind and try to be more insightful.
❤️❤️
Now for the CRT, I would’ve agree with this in the past since I pushed for this topic before and tried to get a better calculation for the feat. But honestly looking back, black holes are something that’s rather strictly realistic so I might not even know what to say here. Iirc, on the last CRT with pretty much the same calculation and argument, Everything12 disagreed due to debating the black hole not being realistic, which halted the progress of that revision. I’ll be neutral now.
Afaik none of the the CRTS regarding tier 5-4 genshin had a calculated feat which led to long circular arguments,and some crts even used same argument as the rejected ones without bringing scaling,consistency nor optional ways of concluding this feat.

Disagree with the first option and 3rd options, i also disagree with the 2nd options on the AP bit since it's clearly just Black hole creation but the resistance is fine. While Genshin does have a form of UES, it's in the form of elemental energies which the Whale clearly doesn't use.

Doesnt narwhal attacks directly produce you to become "wet" or "electrificated"?
Black hole deals hydro dmg upon explosion,and most of his attacks deal hydro dmg
You might make a case that narwhal used hydro from primordial sea,but neuvilette already cut that power from him

The Narwhal damage being hydro is the most in game only thing ever, it come from outside Teyvat, use power outside Teyvat, and it actual attack almost have nothing to do with hydro at all (not even collor scheme). I can see it doing hydro due to it devouring alot of primordial seawater give it hydro infusion, but the black hole is inherent to it before it even arrive to Teyvat so there's no way that it's using elemental enrgies for that.

The Narwhal damage being hydro is the most in game only thing ever, it come from outside Teyvat, use power outside Teyvat, and it actual attack almost have nothing to do with hydro at all (not even collor scheme).
I suppose you are answering puppets43 question.
Well yeah narwhal powers have nothing to do with elemental energy,nor skirks
I can see it doing hydro due to it devouring alot of primordial seawater give it hydro infusion
Thats the only solution i can think of,but wont matter much cuz even if we argue elemental energy is ues,not everything can scale to physicals (as gianny already explained with yuki profile)

Have you decided which option is good for this crt?

And with that, I have finally concur, you guys should have done it way more clearer back then instead using of the repitive arguments of flowery language (yes I know it's from different persons lel but still)

I'm holding my vote atm but I'm inclined to agree, still need more inputs for sure

I'm kinda neutral atm but if an option were to be accepted, I'd say the 2nd one would make the most sense

So uhhh, it looks like we are divided between option 1 and 2, can any of you guys listing the peoples who had agreed on option 1 and 2?
EDIT: NVM it seems almost everyone here are leaning towards the 2nd option

Last edited:
So uhhh, it looks like we are divided between option 1 and 2, can any of you guys listing the peoples who had agreed on option 1 and 2?
EDIT: NVM it seems almost everyone here are leaning towards the 2nd option
I tend to forget to make vote list as im mostly outside lately,will make it soon

Back