• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genos speed Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assaltwaffle said:
Not sure, but this just got necroed hard. Aside from the last 2 replies, the newest one is the start of August and the next one is at the end of July...
Holy hell, I didn't even notice that.

Unite My Rice said:
That's because Cockroach guy says that even light can't touch him :^ ) Not even an FTL attack can reach him if he instinctively dodges. Which would mean MFTL Orochi since he tagged him casually : D

Seriously speaking though as an OPM fan, The Lightspeed Flash is only sub rel, and Genos doesn't deserve this feat to scale.

However, also remember. OPM webcomic has a tendency to start off weaker, and ending up ridiculously stronger in the manga. I mean look at Elder Centipede. So my advice my friend, let the manga continue and see if more feats scale. As of right now, this is a very invalid feat.

@Quango

Unless you have an explicit ability that manipulates the direction of light or electromagnetic particles, yes.

Reppuzan said:
@Quango
Unless you have an explicit ability that manipulates the direction of light or electromagnetic particles, yes.
Well we dont really know how G4's attack work. But from Genos's statesments, and how he defused it with moisture it's logically to assume G4 did.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Unite My Rice said:
That's because Cockroach guy says that even light can't touch him :^ ) Not even an FTL attack can reach him if he instinctively dodges. Which would mean MFTL Orochi since he tagged him casually : D

Seriously speaking though as an OPM fan, The Lightspeed Flash is only sub rel, and Genos doesn't deserve this feat to scale.

However, also remember. OPM webcomic has a tendency to start off weaker, and ending up ridiculously stronger in the manga. I mean look at Elder Centipede. So my advice my friend, let the manga continue and see if more feats scale. As of right now, this is a very invalid feat.
"Genos having lightspeed capabilities" yet you guys trying to debunk by using a guy who said he can Dodge even light speed attacks?

@Quango

It could easily be empty boasting. Lots of characters claim to be omnipotent, or super fast, or invincible, but we don't treat them as such.

Reppuzan said:
@Quango
It could easily be empty boasting. Lots of characters claim to be omnipotent, or super fast, or invincible, but we don't treat them as such.
That's true, could be. But if one and murata really wanted Genos to be lightspeed, then the cockroach would have only added consistancy.

I get the light bending thing as an important reason for why this isn't gonna get accepted but it's not an extreme stretch for him to be sub rel at this point so the arguement of it being an outlier isn't very big. However it's enough reason for me to accept it won't get through. Still i think you should put it down in a possibly section especially if Genoa gets more speed feats in the future. I can understand completely why it won't be accepted but cockroaches statement was one I took seriously.

@Quango

We need more evidence than this.

A flawed calc that has been thoroughly rejected and a baseless narration statement isn't sufficient to provide an upgrade.

As Assaltwaffle stated, we rarely take statements like these at face value, as authors have no idea how to do math and rarely understand the scale of what they're saying.

If the premise is the "feat" is flawed, it's not going on the profile.

Claiming to be able to dodge lightspeed attacks without actual feats isn't sufficient to be thrown on a profile considering the fact that the VAST majority of feats are below this.

Reppuzan said:
If the premise is the "feat" is flawed, it's not going on the profile.
Claiming to be able to dodge lightspeed attacks without actual feats isn't sufficient to be thrown on a profile considering the fact that the VAST majority of feats are below this.
I'm refering to genos not cockroach lol

Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it gets a pass. Their are limits to what we can accept.

There isn't enough evidence to support this as we've repeatedly stated and debunked.

Saying that there is won't change our opinion.

@Weekly

Technically light can bend if next to an extremely massive object, as space-time will be curved inward.

@Assalt

That's the influence of gravity. It's not legitimate reasoning in 99.9% of cases.

Yeah I know, Rep. I just have a pet peeve with absolutes (never, always, etc.). It isn't relevant to this feat anyway.

if i can voice my reason.

_ This attack is dubbed Laser.

_ Genos thought that it is Laser. That's why he used steam to deal with it.

Nowhere does it say the attack is at lightspeed. Just because it has some property of light does not mean it is the light as we know it.

Which mean This attack is not real-life light. Thus, we can not automatically conclude that This attack moves at lightspeed.

This feat can not be used to prove that Genos is near Lightspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back