• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

genjutsu vs intangible

I feel like this thread wasn't intended to be in F&G. Anyway, afaik, genjutsu works by infusing ones chakra into others to altering the senses, so a) it shouldn't work on beings that lacks life-force (such undeads and the soullessness) and b) doesn't work in beings that do not have biological senses. Although, I can't comfirm the last one, but I known genjutsu do not works on the undead.

The human mind its by itself metaphysical (or good, immaterial), and as genjutsu works by manipulating the senses, no senses = no manipulation.

Normal genjutsu affects your nerves. It wouldn't work.

Sharingan genjutsu yeets your mind directly. It works.

Wasn't the sharingan unable to affect those reanimated by Edo Tensei? I believe it still have to infuse chakra into the target in order to manipulate part of their essence.

no, Itachi was still able to use genjutsu on himself as an Edo, Infinite tsukuyomi did not work on Edo since they were not alive and thus would not give the tree chakra.

As for the intangible situation, we know of filler where Obito transported saukra of Naruto to another timeline, Obito did not want to fight Itachi in that due to his MS despite him basically being a completely intangible being in that world and I think that at least gives us an answer even if it is filler.

This reminds me of that one episode of Ben 10 where Big Chill's natural predator hypnotized him despite being intangible.

man its been a while since I watched ben 10, I dont think I am caught up with omniverse and the others lol. I might actually try to catch up at some time.

Antoniofer said:
I feel like this thread wasn't intended to be in F&G. Anyway, afaik, genjutsu works by infusing ones chakra into others to altering the senses, so a) it shouldn't work on beings that lacks life-force (such undeads and the soullessness) and b) doesn't work in beings that do not have biological senses. Although, I can't comfirm the last one, but I known genjutsu do not works on the undead.
i believe the biju lack souls but genjutsu still works on them

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Normal genjutsu affects your nerves. It wouldn't work.
Sharingan genjutsu yeets your mind directly. It works.
so sharigan genjutsu works on those without chakra since it simply attacks the brain?

Back