• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Animorphs revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, let's get this formailty done and over with. A link to my blog detailing Jake's revisions.

First things first, the Animorphs verse page just needs a little bit of clean up and isn't really a major part in this but I might as well take care of it while I'm at it.

Now on to the big bit. This is the current profile we have for Jake Berenson, the leader of the Animorphs. It's currently pretty much the bare minimum and is missing a few bits. Namely,

• Multiple keys. His profile, as well as all morph capable characters, should have two keys, one for their base form and one for while their morphed.
  • All the missing or miss labeled powers. An excellent example is Jake's Regenerationn. Currently it's labeled as a healing factor with no specification on just how good it actually is. I'll be adding or changing power as needed.
  • His Intelligence is extremely down played. Currently he's labeled as above average for being the defacto leader. Great. What it fails to mention is this Highschool student managed to wi a gurrella war against an invading force of mind controling alien slugs with very limited resourses and four other highschool students and an adolescent alie only and keep them all alive and all their identities secret.
  • I'd also like to include a list of common and unique morphs Jake, and all future morph capable characters, has access to.
  • The rest is just general clarification on stats. Mentioning the range his stats vary by depending on the morph he's currently in.
  • I'd also like to include links to the relevant animal profiles we have on all Animorphs profiles from here on out for easy reference considering the book feats match the real things pretty well.
I will also be using Jake's new profile as the template for the other Animorphs and a guide for revising Visser Three's page later. That should be it. It's very late for me so if I forgot anything I'll add it tomorrow. Just gonna add this here before anybody finds this, but Visser Three also needs an additional key for his base Yeerk form.

Note: I will not be touching The Ellimist and Crayak right now.

Seems simple enough, I'm in agreement. Should we have the live action pic for a version of Jake's image? I think the blog pic could be better defined

@Yobo That'd be pretty cool. I can't imagine it'd be much of an up grade though.

@COB If you can find something better, be my guest. That was the best I could find in the reletivly short time I searched.

I suppose that this seems mostly reasonable, but you need to better clarify the changes to the statistics and abilities that you wish to make.

It would also help to use the Knowledgeable Members List and the Animorphs page to find people to ask to comment here.

An easy to understand summary here would be appreciated.

IIRC, didn't Drakkon Beams vaporize people and completely vaporize a large earthmover? That could be a good feat

@Yobo Yeah that's amazing, but now I'm trying to remember how many times the animorphs got grazed by drakkon fire. That could complicate things.

Sorry Ant, but I decided to get Visser Three's revision done in this too so as to save time. The Summery will be after that and include both Jake and Visser Three's stats. Sorry for taking so long.

@Yobo I totally forgot Jake had a Howler morph. I know they'd be at least 9-B, but do you think they'd be possibly 9-A?

Also this

"Outside, two Hork-Bajir took aim at the five tons of slow-moving steel. Jake was still cowering in the corner, but he had begun to change once again. In the darkness my cat eyes could see the beginning of a pattern of stripes. Black and orange. The stripes of a tiger. It was time for me to do my part. I concentrated. I felt the change begin. The cage grew small around me. Rumble rumble rumble. The earthmover closed in. The near-dead Taxxon screamed as his fellow Taxxons ate him alive. Suddenly I saw a brilliant red light. There was a sizzling sound. I saw the earthmover disintegrate."

Alright, took me a week but I'm finally getting this summery up.

First up is Jake

• For stats, his base key is pretty much Athlete (10-A) for everything. I've been told highschool basketball is enough to qualify for it. His second key, when he's morphed should vary from below average Human in everything, for morphs ranging from bugs to small animal, up to Wall and superHuman level for his larger morphs, the two most notable being Tiger and Rhino.
  • The Weakness section has been updated to accruatly reprisent to pitfalls of morphing those being, the 2 hour time limit (If Jake stays in morph for more then two hours, he can no longer return to his original body), while morphed the instincts of said animal will attempt to take control and morphing is a random process, adding and removing limbs at random leaving Jake vulnerable during it.
Several abilities are now expanded upon,

As for Visser Three

The addition of a new key for his Yeerk body should be added with the following stats and abilities

• Below average in all stats as Yeerks are alien slugs. Mind Control and Mind Reading are the only abilities in this key. Yeerks accomplish this by slithering into a creatures ear and flattening and warping their body around the host's brain. They gain full control over the host's body and can read it's memories and thoughts "like an open book".
  • Visser Three's second key is his Andalite host body and remains mostly unchanged. Changes include the same abiliites added as Jake to include all asspectes of the morphing process.
  • His third key is also similarly changed as Jake's second. Stat differences include Average Human up to Small Building, Subsonic and Class 5. Changes in abilites are again mostly the same as Jake.
  • Visser Three also has the morphing weaknesses added.
Let me know if I need to include anyhting else.

Anyone feel interested in checking out the buttload of hax I added for the Ellimist? Would apply to the Crayak and Drode too.

Okay, so should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back