• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaunter O'dimm ability revisions

Hmmmmm... Riiiight.

Witcher

• Dargoo Faust
  • SpookyShadow (All games and DLC's, some knowledge on books like Lady of the Lake or Blood of Elves, still reading though)
Its hard to have so small amount of knowl. members.

I'll ask some of the supporters then.

We will maybe have more supporters by some time because the Netflix series made some lads play the games/read the books

2 are here, Vaner agreed and he's also a supporter

Let's just wait, there are also few guys who know some things about Witcher series though aren't listed (ShadowWhoWalks for example)

SpookyShadow, MrKerf

Propably stupid question and a bit late, but do you need some sort of approval to become Supporter, or can you just add yourself (as I did)?

Uff, that's a relief, for a moment I thought I ****** something up, lol.

Btw. great job on catching all those things guys. I'm honestly baffled how some of those were not found earlier, they seem so obvious now. But I guess "the devil is in detailes" is simply a thing with O'Dimm.

That's right *Gaunter's theme starts playing*

BTW, where are you from if I can know? You know of Gothic series probably so I wanted to know

Nice ^^

╠ÂD╠Âo╠Âb╠Âr╠Âz╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Âd╠Âz╠Âi╠Âe╠Â─ç╠ ╠Âk╠Âo╠Âl╠Âe╠Âj╠Ân╠Â─à╠ ╠Âd╠Âz╠Âi╠Âe╠Âl╠Ân╠Â─à╠ ╠Âd╠Âu╠Âs╠Âz╠Â─Ö╠ ╠Âp╠Âr╠Âa╠Âg╠Ân╠Â─à╠Âc╠Â─à╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âp╠Âr╠Âa╠Âw╠Âi╠Â─ç╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âz╠Ây╠Âc╠Âj╠Âe╠ ╠ÂG╠Âe╠Âr╠Âa╠Âl╠Ât╠Âa╠ ╠Âi╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âó╠Â┼é╠Âk╠Âi╠ ╠Âw╠ ╠Âw╠ ╠Âś╠Âw╠Âi╠Âe╠Âc╠Âi╠Âe╠ ╠ÂV╠ÂS╠Â. ╠Â

SpookyShadow said:
Summary -
Dream Manipulation (Made Professor Shakeslock have dreams about daughter he never had and gave him a nightmare of her dying)

Illusion Creation (Made Geralt see Shani in his own world falling off a cliff and tricked him into believing she was real)

Fate Manipulation (Far superior to Djinns who are also wish granters that can manipulate fate itself. Drew a circle around Professor Shakeslock that if he left, he would certainly die, which happened later when he accidentaly left it)

Absorption (Of souls. Absorbed Olgierd's soul)

Sense Manipulation (Made Shakeslock blind just because he was reading about him)

Possibly Transmutation (It's heavily implied that he turned Marlene de Trastamara into spotted wight)

Possibly Immortality (Type 4) (O'Dimm's last speech before vanishing was telling that "You are insignificant. You think you've defeated me but you are wrong. I can't be killed, I will be back." in Elder Speech)

Perception Manipulation (Made Shakeslock see him despite the fact that he earlier made him go blind)
Reminding summary

SpookyShadow said:
Summary -
Dream Manipulation (Made Professor Shakeslock have dreams about daughter he never had and gave him a nightmare of her dying)

Illusion Creation (Made Geralt see Shani in his own world falling off a cliff and tricked him into believing she was real)

Fate Manipulation (Far superior to Djinns who are also wish granters that can manipulate fate itself. Drew a circle around Professor Shakeslock that if he left, he would certainly die, which happened later when he accidentaly left it)

Absorption (Of souls. Absorbed Olgierd's soul)

Sense Manipulation (Made Shakeslock blind just because he was reading about him)

Possibly Transmutation (It's heavily implied that he turned Marlene de Trastamara into spotted wight)

Possibly Immortality (Type 4) (O'Dimm's last speech before vanishing was telling that "You are insignificant. You think you've defeated me but you are wrong. I can't be killed, I will be back." in Elder Speech)

Perception Manipulation (Made Shakeslock see him despite the fact that he earlier made him go blind)
Agreed although i think it's possible he could be type 8

This seems to make sense to me, althugh I am uncertain about fate manipulation. We likely do not have enough explicit proof for that.

while you're in fact correct, we only see the claim him having fate manipulation ever being shown only for once but it is for a good reason

Professor Shakeslock who wanted to learn the secrets of Gaunter was instantly blinded and bounded by a circle in which he wouldn't be able to escape without him dying and as a bonus fact gaunter even states whoever even learned his true name have met either death or a worse fate than death

Literally the instance shakeslock left the circle that gaunter made he instantly died

so i do think fate manipulation is legit

also that.

Geralt wished to a djinn for him and yen to stay together and they always managed to meet up even in the most unexpected situations until the spell was broken from another djinn

The pitcher emitted a puff of glowing red smoke. The smoke pulsated, then gathered up into an irregular sphere floating in front of the poet's head...
―The First Longing, a Tale Fantastic in All Ways.
A djinn is a powerful air spirit, a condensation of the power of that element endowed with consciousness and character - the latter usually nasty. According to legend, djinn can grant even the most far-fetched wishes, though they do so very begrudgingly.
Unusually powerful mages can capture and tame these beings. The mage can then draw on its energy, using it to cast spells without having to call on Power from traditional sources. Only a sparse handful have managed this feat, however, for djinn fight to avoid such a fate with stubborn determination. To imprison a djinn and bend it to one's will, one must first weaken it - and that is no easy feat.
Fighting a djinn is extraordinarily difficult. They can fling off spells in an instant that the most accomplished human mages could never cast with years of preparation. What's more, by manipulating the element of air they can summon powerful storms, hurricanes, and gales. Luckily, as magic beings, they are vulnerable to silver - yet steel will do them no harm.

Back