• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both at 8-A, Season 1 Danny and Gastly are used

Fight is in Lavender Tow

Fight ends in KO, Incap, or Death

Speed is =

Gastly is allowed all moves it can learn (Egg Moves, Level Up Moves, ETC)

The Gas Pokémo:0

Human-Ghost Hybrid:0

Inconclusive:7 (LordGriffin1000, Modernmyrmidon, TheQuirkyBoy, GyroNutz, TheArsenal1212, Ionliosite, LordTracer)

Gastly
Its thin body is made of gas. Despite lacking substance, it can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation.

Dannyphantom
He's gonna catch 'em all 'cause he's Danny Phantom

They're almost equal in AP, but can Danny resist being suffocated by Gastly's toxic body?

I'd say Inconclusive.

Gastly has a lot of moves but some are usless, some are ok and others are very helpful. The problem is, Gastly has to much so he might open with something Danny can easily counter.

Gastly does have some good status effect moves like Confuse Ray, Lick can cause paralysis, Disable and few poison moves and even Parish Song or Destiny Bond which are good inconclusive moves. Hypnosis is an option though Danny resists Sleep it is not that great so that could lead to deam absorption.

Danny on the other hand can easily stat amp in no time to the point where he is overpowering guys who could effortlessly one shot him. He has forcefields than can reflect gastly's ranged and physical attacks. He also can just lead with sealing Gastly in the Fenton Thermos for an easy win which he has done before. Danny's attacks also effect the soul while Gastly only resists the mind part. Danny actually doesn't actuall half to breath so he won't inhale the gas and he has body control s he can easily break himself down into a gas or energy state to escape or possess Gastly if he gets that close and again while Gastly resists mind manip he gets soul haxed.

There are many other moves Gastly has but like I said some are useful and some arn't. However if Gastly has actual opening moves I'd like to hear them so I could think on this more. For right now though, I vote Inconclusive.

Just saying, Gastly is partially made up of souls, so its soul resistance is just its durability.

I hold that soul attacks won't be too effective, and trying to defeat Gastly through AP is iffy because of its mid-high regen. Sealing is a solid win con though, and I'm assuming that Danny's enhanced senses let him see invisible beings?

In terms of in-character moves, according to its Pokedex entries, Gastly either leads with suffocation or hypnosis. It has also used illusions before, though that was one time. From SBA distance against an opponent that can notice Gastly, Gastly may not be so likely to go for the suffocation KO.

@GyroNutz.

I will conceed about the soul hax and thr Regenerationn is an issue but when I talked about AP I didn't mean Danny will beat Gastly into a K.O. I meant he would hold the strength advantage with amps to not get overpowered. Poindexter could see Danny while he was invisible and Poidexter stated Danny has all his powers so yeah, he can see invisible beings.

Okay then. If Danny seals in-character somewhat often I'm willing to vote incon.

He has went for sealing early on like agaisnt the squid and wolf ghost. Most of the ghosts he fights though are on his level or greater so they either need to be fought to weaken because they know what the Thermos is and won't let him seal them or they outright slap the thermos out of his hands because he was to slow. When he got his memory back against Desiree he went straight for sealing and in the first episode when he got his hands on a thermos and went to the Lunch Lady he went straight for sealing.

So yeah, Danny is willing to go for sealing often at the start and since he doesn't have knowleadge on how strong Gastly is, he would likey try and end it fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back