• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was going to say "Gardevoir Hyper Voices" but then I noticed our Gardevoir page lacks Hyper Voice and Jiraiya is almost at the same level of power.

An amped 7-A vs an amped 7-A.

Gardevoir likely takes this 7 out of 10.

Jiraiya possess the standard Shadow Clone Jutsu, and Substitution Jutsu to help escape, Danger Sensing, plus Toad Summonings for support, Frog Song to incapacitate, and large Rasengans.

However Gardevoir has things like Growl and Charm to lower their attack power, Calm Mind to boost it's power, Teleportation to help avoid attacks, Confusion which can cause... Confusion. Psychic which will allow it to control Jiraiya's ranged attacks like is hair Sinbon or Oil Stream thing and divert it or throw it back. "Wish" can also help if Gardevoir is in the thick of it and needs to recover later. Lastly, Hypnosis could put Jiraiya to sleep and it can then use Dream Eater, Magical Leaf can also be used to keep Jiraiya on the move given it will chase him down, Gardevoir also has Precognition (Danger Sense) and Future Sight.

What ability does this Gardevoir have anyway?.

Pixilate. Any normal type move is amped and given the Fairy typing instead. This is most commonly used with strong normal moves like Hyper Voice and turns Hyper Beam into an even stronger finisher that also benefits from being the same type as Gardevior.

@LordGriffin

Jiraiya doesn't have a time limit or chakra limit like Naruto because of the elder toads in his shoulders constantly supplying him NE.

Gardevoir's precog is basically 'it senses impeding danger'. Future sight lets it foresee a few attacks ahead.

Also Gardevoir should probably have the AP advantage

Mindovin said:
@LordGriffin

Jiraiya doesn't have a time limit or chakra limit like Naruto because of the elder toads in his shoulders constantly supplying him NE.
Jiraiya literally starts turning into a frog if he stays in Sage Mode to long. He has a time limit before becoming a toad. I wasn't referring to running out of NE.

@Mindovin

He's in Sage Mode because the frogs are feeding him NE. He starts to take on frig like attributes because he doesn't know how to master it. Thus if they keep feeding him NE, eventually he'll become a frog. This means if he remains in Sage Mode to long, he'll become a toad. Thus, Sage Mode Jiraiya has a time limit before he becomes a frog.

Unless that is the most that happens to him in Sage Mode (Gaining a few attributes then he stops turning regardless of how much they keep feeding him) then my mistake.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Mindovin
He's in Sage Mode because the frogs are feeding him NE. He starts to take on frig like attributes because he doesn't know how to master it. Thus if they keep feeding him NE, eventually he'll become a frog. This means if he remains in Sage Mode to long, he'll become a toad. Thus, Sage Mode Jiraiya has a time limit before he becomes a frog.

Unless that is the most that happens to him in Sage Mode (Gaining a few attributes then he stops turning regardless of how much they keep feeding him) then my mistake.
While it's true that Jiraiya can't perfectly balance his chakra, hence the toad features. Jiraiya is safe from becoming a toad statue due to his training but he's simply not as good at the technique as Naruto or Minato.

However, Jiraiya summons the toads so that he doesn't run out of Natural Energy. He can't replinish it in the middle of a fight so he uses Ma and Pa toad to bypass that weakness. Otherwise, he'd have a short time limit for how long he can stay in the form and once he'd dropped out he wouldn't be able to easily enter it again.

I'm going to vote for Gardevoir. Telekinesis can practically take care of any of Jiraiya's projectile attacks & practically him. Teleportation, Mind Manipulation, & other things like putting him to sleep are also a major problem for him, even if he has Ma & Pa aiding him. Even with Sage Mode Jiraiya mainly maintains a melee/close range fighting style & could only increase that range with prep (maybe) & possibly his intelligence/strategy, But Gardevoir can seemingly keep him at bay with ease & can simply ware him down. Plus with the attack Magical Leaf she (or he) could use it over & over creating a potentionally infinite swarm of attacks that even his danger perception might not be able to contend with.

Alright since nobody add this, i will gonna add this match by myself.

EDIT: Whoops nvm, this is Mega Gard who is High 7-A, rematch maybe?

Back