• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganondorf's Immortality Trait

So, can somebody please explain to me why Ganondorf's resistance to everything except light magic is an NLF? Because the way I see it, NLF is only mentioned by someone who hates the character.

Because by that logic Ganon could be hit by a universe-busting punch and not be affected. His stated weakness of only being affected by light magic is most certainly a NLF

Just saying "only haters use this argument" is not at all a valid rebuttal for it.

Also here is the definition of a NLF:

"This is when someone states that because something has not demonstrated any limits (or only certain limits) then it has none (or only the ones demonstrated).

Example: "Itachi said that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

To say that Ganon can resist anything (even things he has never shown to resist and are clearly far beyond the caliber of anything in LoZ verse) except light magic is a very obvious example of NLF.

You can't say people like Medaka, GER, Arceus, SB Janema, etc. cannot defeat Ganon just because they don't have Master Sword and he would resist their abilities. That is an example of a NLF.

Sorry for necroing but I never got notification for this.

It doesn't matter whether or not if my aforementioned people have "light magic." They all have stats and/or hax abilities that could easily decimate Ganon. And to say they can't cause "they don't have light magic" is a NLF.

It also doesn't matter if Itachi has been defeated by people without it. It's an example to show how NLF is supposed to work.

You clearly do not understand what a NLF is if your rebuttals towards what I'm saying is "but those guys do have light magic" and "but Itachi lost anyways."

Basically to say Ganon has a resistance to "everything but light magic" despite the fact he has never actually been shown to resist things like Concept Manipulation, Reality Warping, Causality Manipulation, a universe buster punching him, etc. is a NLF.

Back