• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganondorf things

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So first off I wanna remove the "possibly" from his enhanced senses, reason he only has his ability to see invisible beings as a possibly is because Link has a shadow when he's invisible and it wasn't decided if the shadow is actually there and Ganon followed it or if the shadow is visible only to the player so they can see where Link is when they're controlling him. Decided to test it myself and yeah seems like the shadow is visible only to the player, the guards chase Link until he turns invisible and then they look around confused as to where he is and then go back to their normal patrols, and they don't even react to the shadow as it moves around them, so the shadow is just there for the sake of gameplay. I'd also like to remove the possibly from his deconstruction since I don't know why we currently assume there's a possibility that the sages might just naturally dissipate upon death based on nothing afaik (I've looked for anything to suggest it might just be how they die but I couldn't find anything). Don't feel as strongly about this as the enhanced senses stuff so if it's still agreed that it's better to assume that it's still only a possibility I can't be bothered to argue against it.

Major thing to here is I wanna add a resistance to sealing for his Triforce of Power (And by extension Sealing War) self. The sage of light, Rauru, has sealing powers because he sealed away and locked up the sacred realm barring a single entrance in the temple of time. Yet he couldn't seal away Ganon and his evil by himself and told Link he needed to awaken the other sages so that their combined power can do just that. Of course you'll notice he also mentions his power has little influence now, which might mean that his sealing powers have weakened and thus it wouldn't be a proper resistance for Ganon, but it doesn't matter too much since Link awakens the other sages and now they can all combine their power, but it's still not enough and during the final battle they don't attempt the sealing until Link and Zelda already weaken Ganon implying that he and his evil power wouldn't be sealed unless in a weakened state, backed up further by the Historia saying Zelda needed Links help before she could help seal Ganon away, and the encyclopedia saying that Link only won due to the combined power of the sages, Zelda, and the Master Sword, so without Link whipping out that holy sword the sages wouldn't have been able to seal Ganon away. I think this also might double as a resistance to dimensional BFR given that part of the whole sealing thing is that they also yeet him into the sacred realm but I dunno.

Now there is the issue of the downfall timeline where Ganon defeats Link, obtains the full Triforce and isn't weakened (In fact it's stated he finally achieved his true power), only to be instantly sealed away by Zelda and the other sages, but personally I'd chalk that up to PIS since Nintendo needed to make something up because otherwise they had no way to connect this to A Link to the Past timeline wise (Especially since this comes from the Historia, which just a few pages before says that Zelda needs Link's might to help seal Ganon, so it really feels like they just had to just inexplicably allow them to seal a complete Triforce empowered Ganon for the sake of continuity).

I told y'all about the shadow, but ya didn't listen

About the deconstruction part, I still wouldn't make it a solid thing personally. But am not particularly opposed either.

The rest I have no opinion.

Enhanced Senses are fine, tho I still think the deconstruction shouldn't be a solid thing.
I'd compare the death of a sage to the death of other supernatural creatures in the Zelda series, whose death causes them to explode, burn, fade away, dissolve etc..., more because of their nature rather than Link's abilities.

Sealing also sounds fine, but I'd keep it as a limited or likely, because the downfall timeline shouldn't be ignored.

I agree with the OP.

Now there is the issue of the downfall timeline where Ganon defeats Link, obtains the full Triforce and isn't weakened (In fact it's stated he finally achieved his true power), only to be instantly sealed away by Zelda and the other sages, but personally I'd chalk that up to PIS since Nintendo needed to make something up because otherwise they had no way to connect this to A Link to the Past timeline wise (Especially since this comes from the Historia, which just a few pages before says that Zelda needs Link's might to help seal Ganon, so it really feels like they just had to just inexplicably allow them to seal a complete Triforce empowered Ganon for the sake of continuity).
More evidence for bad placement

Can you link to the part where rauru states he couldn't seal ganon
I don't believe a statement like that exist. The OP is connecting dots for why the Sealing had to have happened after Link jabbed the Mater Sword in Ganon's head.

I agree with everything. Maybe not so sure about the deconstruction thing, but I don't think it's a death animation for several reasons.
When bosses and enemies in the game die, they have a completely different animation than the one shown in the water sage and the only legitimate death we can appreciate from the "good guys", is in the scene where Zant invades Hyrule castle and his minions kills some hylian soldiers, in which case, their bodies don't disappear like the water sage does. Finally, there's Ganondorf, whose body remains standing after death, and does not disappear.

I agree with everything. Maybe not so sure about the deconstruction thing, but I don't think it's a death animation for several reasons.
When bosses and enemies in the game die, they have a completely different animation than the one shown in the water sage and the only legitimate death we can appreciate from the "good guys", is in the scene where Zant invades Hyrule castle and his minions kills some hylian soldiers, in which case, their bodies don't disappear like the water sage does. Finally, there's Ganondorf, whose body remains standing after death, and does not disappear.
Hylian soldiers are """humans""", or at least not supernatural beings, like the sages and other creatures.
I still think the water sage disappearing is the way such kind of spirits "die", akin to other ghosts, monsters etc..., and Ganon himself died in several different ways across the games.

Enhanced Senses is fine, tbh the fact Ganondorf is a trained Gerudo would probably give him such anyway.

The sealing stuff I get, I'm fine with resistance, though we should note he has been sealed before regardless (Just that it takes extra steps).
Pretty sure there was a whole huge war that ended in countless dead, literally called the "Sealing War", in order to seal Ganon, aka it wasn't an immediate response. They had way more prep and time to seal Ganon in the downfall timeline so I wouldn't even call it PIS, just extra effort

Deconstruction tho do be looking a tad sus, even ignoring the possibility it's just funny ghost effects, assuming it's deconstruction instead of just "he punched them so hard they literally exploded" seems a bit off. He just kinda punched very hard and killed, it being a special ability you'd think would have it been implied or said to be so at some point or made abundantly clear. It just kinda comes off as a strong **** off punch that caused it to explode like if Ganon punched a normal human, I'm sure they'd pop too ngl
But that's just me assuming, I guess while I don't exactly buy it, the possibility exists that it's an actual ability so possibility is fair imo.

We have never seen Ganondorf punch something beyond that individual and they go poof.
Tbh, the only time I can recall Ganon physically throwing hands is in OOT where he punches the ground and sends out shockwaves, and in WW where he performs child abuse.

Not including Beast Ganon.

I think we would have no idea if its deconstruction or a property of the sages, there's like no other context

Hylian soldiers are """humans""", or at least not supernatural beings, like the sages and other creatures.
I still think the water sage disappearing is the way such kind of spirits "die", akin to other ghosts, monsters etc...
That's why I mentioned Ganondorf as an example. The thing is, we have nothing to assume that sages die differently than "humans". In fact, quite the opposite: enemies have a completely different death animation, and not all characters die "exploding".

and Ganon himself died in several different ways across the games.
Yeah, I mean, I think in this case it's a bit irrelevant since every game tends to change the aesthetics of characters and stuff. I think we should focus solely on TP.

It just kinda comes off as a strong **** off punch that caused it to explode like if Ganon punched a normal human, I'm sure they'd pop too ngl
I think it's worth mentioning that Ganondorf doesn't hit the sage, but in fact grabs him by the neck.

I think it's worth mentioning that Ganondorf doesn't hit the sage, but in fact grabs him by the neck.
Wouldn't change anything, it's still excessive blunt force kinetic trauma, if he just grabbed his neck at a standstill, like picking him then sure, but Ganon had a **** ton of momentum behind the attack and even slid after having grabbed and crushed his head.
Honestly it's a bit generous to even assume it's deconstruction in the first place, leave it at possibly and call it a day, it could be deconstruction, it could just be how they die, it could just be Ganon slammed the dude with enough force to cause him to explode, or it could be a million other things.
Watching the scene in slow motion, the Sage starts dissipating the moment Ganon starts rushing and dragging him, with the particle effect coming off his robes, so there's that, whatever that is.

Last edited:
The sages in Twilight Princess looks like weird magic beings, and Ganondorf just chokes one really hard.
I think it's more logic to just being how they die.

Wouldn't change anything, it's still excessive blunt force kinetic trauma, if he just grabbed his neck at a standstill, like picking him then sure, but Ganon had a **** ton of momentum behind the attack and even slid after having grabbed and crushed his head.
Honestly it's a bit generous to even assume it's deconstruction in the first place, leave it at possibly and call it a day, it could be deconstruction, it could just be how they die, it could just be Ganon slammed the dude with enough force to cause him to explode, or it could be a million other things.
Watching the scene in slow motion, the Sage starts dissipating the moment Ganon starts rushing and dragging him, with the particle effect coming off his robes, so there's that, whatever that is.
Okay, I'll leave it at that. It just seems odd to me that Ganondorf already has Matter Manipulation, which is basically an advanced form of Deconstruction, but it's ok.

Just my point of view.

You're right, kinda?
That effect itself would be deconstruction, but the effect is part of a greater whole, it's just how things get warped, Ganon does it to himself, Midna does it to objects to move them, even does it to Link.

There's never been a case where they just did it, and that was it, it's always been apart of actively moving and transporting something.

The problem also is that it's a power of the Twili and it manifests through a specific graphic effect, while the sage just goes poof.

So keeping the deconstruction as a possibility is a-ok with me, and everyone agrees with removing the possibly from his enhanced senses.

Guess it's just a matter about discussing the sealing since there's a few people not entirely on board with it.

I don't know anymore, I agree with the resistance to sealing since they always need a strong sealing magic to deal with him, but I don't think I can agree with the resistance to dimensional BFR, since he was sent to the Twilight Realm with the Triforce of Power, and still needed Zant to get out.

I don't know anymore, I agree with the resistance to sealing since they always need a strong sealing magic to deal with him, but I don't think I can agree with the resistance to dimensional BFR, since he was sent to the Twilight Realm with the Triforce of Power, and still needed Zant to get out.
Yeah looking at this I don’t think resistance to dimensional BFR would work due to TP, but I’m okay with the resistance to sealing.

Back