• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galbatorix vs Mami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to ask, but according to Galba's profile, doesn't he need to know her true name to use the Mind Manipulation?

It looks like his Telepathy doesn't need it, but that isn't quite as combat applicable.

No, he doesnt need the name for that. With her name he'd have absolute control over all the aspects in her. With his telepathy (which is combat applicable) he enters your mind and bends it to his will. Manipulates memories, projects illusions...

I see, well this is hard.

Given SBA, this would be Holy Mami, who is possessed by a Rumor, iirc, making Mami insane wouldn't do anything as she is both insane and not technically in control at that point.

Turning people insane is, like, only one of the several things he can do, though.

But its the thing you guys said he would lead with. Mind you Holy Mami is technically two minds (Florence and the Rumor) Either one just has to do literally any thought to get this over with.

Her intelligence section doesn't point to her being insane

Two, being insane=/=Being forced to be insane from other means.

Three, Two minds isn't impressive when more then a few Dragons he possesses have three minds

That's because she's otherwise the same smarts wise.

I... don't see how that's relevant? Espically when its because she was forced to be insane by the rumor and Touka to begin with?

That was in regards to being able to attack before Galbatorix does something after the mind manip

Then she's not really insane

Galbatorix's mindhax is>>>>>>>Touka though, I don't see how her going insane by Touka means she can still attack after being made insane to the point of being a vegetable like every dragon.

Why would he do something after mind Manip?

You can be smart and insane at the same time man.

Touka's (Which is really the Muesum of Memories Rumor) mind manip can control several magical girls at the same time. While the upper extents are unknown, it is a whole lot more potent than the current assumption. Though, like I said above, Mami's not even in control, so its not like mind haxxing her would work.

^

Gal doesn't lead with driving people insane. It's just one of the many things he can do. He's most likely to just try and crush their minds.

You can

But that doesn't help against Mind Hax

Cute, Gal is in the millions at a lowball and can mindhax dragons who resist in the thousands and he keeps hundreds of them

But hey, Monarch corrected me

@Monarch Huh, then it seems the rest of the thread and apparently the previous thread mentioned (Zeref) is based on misinformation then? Because according to those, he leads with insanity.

Regardless, I'll state this again: As Holy Mami, Mami is not in control, the Rumor is, mind haxxing Mami would only make Holy Mami dumber, but still know enough as to lead with Mami's and her Doppel's traditional attacks.

@Gar

"Though, like I said above, Mami's not even in control, so its not like mind haxxing her would work."

Its not like galba cant mind hax whoever is in charge of Mami's mind.

Does he have too?

Its not like being a manifestation means you're completely immune to hax that attempt to affect you unless they have affected a rumour

He can sense the minds of those around him, so he'd also sense the rumor's mind.

He hasn't mind haxed any literal manifestations, but if it's got a mind...

@Pachi "Intelligence: Genius in combat (Has shown unparalleled skills and capabilities in the Puella Magi verse, only ever matched by some of the most haxxed characters in the verse and is considered one of the best magical girls not just by her peers but by Kazumi Subaru and Yachiyo Nanami, both respectable magical girls in their own right, and has proven to be able to adapt to her opponent's powers, with examples listed in the the Feats section below.), at least Gifted in Biology and Gun Mechanics (Has an in-depth knowledge of her own biology and several firearms, as shown when she made herself [The Gun Train] as it is needed to create or duplicate through her ribbons.) Likely High otherwise (Holy Mami has stated that even if she took a year off her school studies to work as a White Feather, she wouldn't suffer much grades wise.). Lower as Candeloro, but she is able to position her familiars in a strategic location."

@Monarch I dunno about that. Its like trying to mind hax a computer, only abstract.

Not kidding. That doesnt show up in my screen when I load her profile.

@PaChi Its right below her equipment

@Gargoyle Dream? And computer/robot, I think you get the point.

This shifted from being two minds in Mami's body to some kind of weird mindless abstraction that possesses the body but somehow she is still as smart as ever.

Just before 1 vote to end the match. Sigh.

And nothing of that sort is in her profile.

PaChi2 said:
This shifted from being two minds in Mami's body to some kind of weird mindless abstraction that possesses the body but somehow she is still as smart as ever.
MM in a goddamm nutshell

SomebodyData said:
@PaChi Its right below her equipment

@Gargoyle Dream? And computer/robot, I think you get the point.
I don't one has an active consciousness and one doesn't

Nah, I was already saying its a rumor, I guess you guys didn't take it literally?

Sorry lol

SomebodyData said:
Nah, I was already saying its a rumor, I guess you guys didn't take it literally?

Sorry lol
Being honest, I dont have a clue about what you are trying to say. And nobody else has been trying to argue some mystical thing saving Mami from Galbatorix and the dragons.

And for the record, no, Galba doesnt lead with insanity hax. That's what he did to the dragons in order to subdue them (dragons have really powerful minds). Under normal circumstances he leads with mind crush + enslaving his target.

The Rumor possessing Holy Mami, really is an actual rumor. <Is what I am trying to say.

As for why no one else argued it, idk?

I'm actually amazed Kal of all people forgot that

I know people have RL to deal with and he hates Mami spam but damn, that's a ridiculously important detail to miss

I don't think he has read Magia Record's main story actually, originally, he was actually going to make the Rumor page, but as you can tell, I think he's been busy.

At this point I'd rather have any other version of Mami fight. Her haxes are the same so the votes are still legit. And its not like Galba could or would kill her with an actual 6-C blast.

I geniuenely don't see why a rumour that has a consciousness and thus can be mindhaxed is saving her?

Gargoyle One said:
I geniuenely don't see why a rumour that has a consciousness and thus can be mindhaxed is saving her?
Tbh me neither.

@PaChi you can, but to literally change versions just when one is winning, isn't something that would look good.

@Gargoyle, because like I said, its a literal rumor. It seems hardly comparable to any regular consciousness. But, let me ask this, do you think mind manip would work on something abstract?

@SD Of course, Abstract doesn't make your mind randomly incapable of getting mindhaxed, you have a mind that is present, you get mindhaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back