• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gal vs Wahlberg Baigan (Round One of the Countryfolk Tournament)

Round One, FIGHT!

Gal and Wahlberg Baigan face off, Wahlberg has a 3.7x AP advantage

Rules:
The arena is a small city in the north of England
Starting distance is fifty metres
Speed will be equalised
Both have no knowledge of one another
Standard Battle Assumptions apply
Victory is by incapacitation, or death.

Tallies:
Gal - 2
Wahlberg - 0
Inconclusive - 0

Last edited:
@AnAverageUsername I'll start. With Wahlberg's kit, Rancour shouldn't have many problems with adapting to the haxes of Wahlberg. He can easily spam Spectral Attacks at range to wear down Wahlberg's defences and begin engaging in hand to hand, if Wahlberg was to attack at close range, Rancour could simply open his Spectral Dominion, with or without a barrier and pelt Wahlberg with Spectral Attacks before killing him with an Ethereal Flame.

Last edited:
I was going "hronk mi mi mi mi", give me a moment
@AnAverageUsername I'll start. With Wahlberg's kit, Rancour shouldn't have many problems with adapting to the haxes of Wahlberg.
Well, Rancour's real problem is being hit by Wahlberg's spatial magic. For one, the wizard can BFR parts of Rancour's body, like his arms or legs. Non-lethaly of course, Wahlberg can just do that, it's done by the pins on his staff coming along and cutting space.

That isn't the only application for it though. With named spells, Wahlberg can blast his spatial magic outward, that erases anything in its path. Such as with Space Sacrifice, how it erased the guy above, and below I guess with what I'm about to share.

If you're wondering why it's in Shorts format.... **** I don't know, it was the clearest video example I could find, and it's still zoomed in to hell and back. I'll try to get an image example onto my imgur to share it here, but not right now I'm too lazy.

He can easily spam Spectral Attacks at range to wear down Wahlberg's defences and begin engaging in hand to hand,
Wahlberg fights mainly at range to, and any projectile that comes his way can just be swiped away with his staff to erase them, or cut them away with the pins on his staff. And Wahlberg can easily get out of close range with his own magic, cutting himself out of that space and bringing him someplace else, like....

if Wahlberg was to attack at close range, Rancour could simply open his Spectral Dominion, with or without a barrier and pelt Wahlberg with Spectral Attacks before killing him with an Ethereal Flame.
Up close as a sneak attack. But if Rancour were to empower themselves with the spectral dominion, Wahlberg should be capable of cushioning his body with his own magic power. Even when vastly weaker than their opponent, wizards can survive even fatal attacks by cushioning their body with magic. But, Wahlberg does have an ace up his sleeve, that being Spaces Thirds: Uranus Inclination

Now let me leave this by saying I hate these kinds of videos lmao. And, also, ignor how Wahlberg negated a casted spell inside of his Thirds, that's anime only. So, anyways, Wahlberg takes both him and his enemy into a pocket space where his Thirds is, and with World Delete, Wahlberg has that deity charge up an attack that will erase anything inside of that "domain". While theoretically one could stop it by killing Wahlberg, he can put in enough magic to have it persist even if he should. Now while it may seem like he would die either way by casting this, he doesn't actually? He's casted it before and he still lives, so I assume he's unaffected by it in the end.

Oh yeah and usual "Mashle characters are willpower merchants and can still fight with life threatening injuries casually"

I was going "hronk mi mi mi mi", give me a moment

Well, Rancour's real problem is being hit by Wahlberg's spatial magic. For one, the wizard can BFR parts of Rancour's body, like his arms or legs. Non-lethaly of course, Wahlberg can just do that, it's done by the pins on his staff coming along and cutting space
So if he BFR's body parts, Rancour can simply regrow them, and continue hailing him with attacks which he cannot heal from
That isn't the only application for it though. With named spells, Wahlberg can blast his spatial magic outward, that erases anything in its path. Such as with Space Sacrifice, how it erased the guy above, and below I guess with what I'm about to share.
Rancour is used to Erasure type attacks and would likely just use a Void to trap the attacks and then encapsulate Wahlberg into it so he can pop Spectral Dominion and get guaranteed hit attacks pelting Wahlberg
Wahlberg fights mainly at range to, and any projectile that comes his way can just be swiped away with his staff to erase them, or cut them away with the pins on his staff. And Wahlberg can easily get out of close range with his own magic, cutting himself out of that space and bringing him someplace else, like....
Rancour would likely be able to outspam him with the literal tens of thousands of invisible attacks coming Wahlberg's way as they slowly weaken him to the point of being slow enough and low enough on magic that he either pops Dominion or decides to toy with him and tries to hit an Ardour's Spark.
Up close as a sneak attack. But if Rancour were to empower themselves with the spectral dominion, Wahlberg should be capable of cushioning his body with his own magic power. Even when vastly weaker than their opponent, wizards can survive even fatal attacks by cushioning their body with magic. But, Wahlberg does have an ace up his sleeve, that being Spaces Thirds: Uranus Inclination
So the problem with this is no, he cannot, per the rules of a Spectral Dominion, anyone within its radius automatically gets read and gets guaranteed to be hit with the attacks, and the attacks would cut bro's soul, body and connection to magic if it's a conceptual connection, so after enough time, he gets stat reduced enough to where he cannot even fathom a counterattack.
Now let me leave this by saying I hate these kinds of videos lmao. And, also, ignor how Wahlberg negated a casted spell inside of his Thirds, that's anime only. So, anyways, Wahlberg takes both him and his enemy into a pocket space where his Thirds is, and with World Delete, Wahlberg has that deity charge up an attack that will erase anything inside of that "domain". While theoretically one could stop it by killing Wahlberg, he can put in enough magic to have it persist even if he should. Now while it may seem like he would die either way by casting this, he doesn't actually? He's casted it before and he still lives, so I assume he's unaffected by it in the end.
So, Rancour isn't stupid, he'd likely cast his Spectral Dominion to break the Thirds or to negate the ability as he would be in his own reality, and also what level of Erasure is it? Rancour's healing factor is mid-godly so if he cannot erase his soul it wouldn't work either. And by the time the Thirds begins to work, Rancour pops Spectral Dominion and uses Ethereal Flame which would one shot.

Wait a minute, this bozo is a rip off, ewwww
So if he BFR's body parts, Rancour can simply regrow them, and continue hailing him with attacks which he cannot heal from

Rancour is used to Erasure type attacks and would likely just use a Void to trap the attacks and then encapsulate Wahlberg into it so he can pop Spectral Dominion and get guaranteed hit attacks pelting Wahlberg

Rancour would likely be able to outspam him with the literal tens of thousands of invisible attacks coming Wahlberg's way as they slowly weaken him to the point of being slow enough and low enough on magic that he either pops Dominion or decides to toy with him and tries to hit an Ardour's Spark.

So the problem with this is no, he cannot, per the rules of a Spectral Dominion, anyone within its radius automatically gets read and gets guaranteed to be hit with the attacks, and the attacks would cut bro's soul, body and connection to magic if it's a conceptual connection, so after enough time, he gets stat reduced enough to where he cannot even fathom a counterattack.

So, Rancour isn't stupid, he'd likely cast his Spectral Dominion to break the Thirds or to negate the ability as he would be in his own reality, and also what level of Erasure is it? Rancour's healing factor is mid-godly so if he cannot erase his soul it wouldn't work either. And by the time the Thirds begins to work, Rancour pops Spectral Dominion and uses Ethereal Flame which would one shot.
So what you're saying is that this guy is a ripoff of Sukuna and the JJK sorcery mechanics, that's just been made to be as busted as allowed

Christ the **** is up with my luck in these kinds of things, always having my chosen character put in an unwinnable match at the very beginning

rancour mid-godly regen lacks an explanation on it on his page

i doubt many people in this tournament can negate mid-godly so he stonewalls just with that

mid-godly means he should be able to regenerate his soul so why destroying his soul necessary to prevent his healing

rancour mid-godly regen lacks an explanation on it on his page
He has regenerated damage to his soul, and has regenerated the destruction of his soul at one point.

i doubt many people in this tournament can negate mid-godly so he stonewalls just with that
Yeah I think it is a lil OP 😭
mid-godly means he should be able to regenerate his soul so why destroying his soul necessary to prevent his healing
Did I say that? I meant you would need to destroy his body and soul + separate him from his concepts and destroy his essence

He has regenerated damage to his soul, and has regenerated the destruction of his soul at one point.

Yeah I think it is a lil OP 😭

Did I say that? I meant you would need to destroy his body and soul + separate him from his concepts and destroy his essence
Fine but it lacks that description on the page itself, it just says Mid-Godly

Since the purge, people are tuning down how powerful they're making their characters if they want to participate in VS threads. Rancour is way too broken and hard to put down for most VS matches and I'm not even sure if anyone else in this Tournament can even kill him

You said earlier as a response to the other person "Rancour's healing factor is mid-godly so if he cannot erase his soul it wouldn't work either." which makes it sound like destroying his soul prevents his healing so

Fine but it lacks that description on the page itself, it just says Mid-Godly

Since the purge, people are tuning down how powerful they're making their characters if they want to participate in VS threads. Rancour is way too broken and hard to put down for most VS matches and I'm not even sure if anyone else in this Tournament can even kill him

You said earlier as a response to the other person "Rancour's healing factor is mid-godly so if he cannot erase his soul it wouldn't work either." which makes it sound like destroying his soul prevents his healing so
My bad on that

Do you have anyone to replace him?
Frankly if Conceptual attacks aren't off the table as I initially figured (or at least, that's not the major point of contention) I could crack open Gal

He's very lethal but by himself he mostly has to tank attacks, Reactive Evolution helps him overcome stronger opponents and build up resistances to hax (Granted on that note, I did get lazy and haven't listed a lot of stuff that Energeia's in general shown to resist but there are so many examples it'd probably just come off as reciting Powers and Abilities) but he's not really innately immune to being beaten to death if you can get past him shooting you

Frankly if Conceptual attacks aren't off the table as I initially figured (or at least, that's not the major point of contention) I could crack open Gal

He's very lethal but by himself he mostly has to tank attacks, Reactive Evolution helps him overcome stronger opponents and build up resistances to hax (Granted on that note, I did get lazy and haven't listed a lot of stuff that Energeia's in general shown to resist but there are so many examples it'd probably just come off as reciting Powers and Abilities) but he's not really innately immune to being beaten to death if you can get past him shooting you
That could be cool, I would like to see how he matches up against Lord Vallum, who has low-godly regen and a plethora of haxes

That could be cool, I would like to see how he matches up against Lord Vallum, who has low-godly regen and a plethora of haxes
You only need one, I figure.
It's cool with me here. I don't mind either option, of continuing it here or in a new thread.
Probably better to just keep round one at round one, granted Gal is "less bad" rather than "a fair fight, I realize after writing all this
Well, Rancour's real problem is being hit by Wahlberg's spatial magic. For one, the wizard can BFR parts of Rancour's body, like his arms or legs. Non-lethaly of course, Wahlberg can just do that, it's done by the pins on his staff coming along and cutting space.

Spatial stuff is one of the things actually properly listed as a resistance, though this particular form is esoteric enough that it gives me pause. Given his ability to improvise and the fact he can make wings of light to fly, he could probably overcome even the worst case scenario with that and firing mouth beams or similar. That, and his left arm already isn't really attached anymore, so depending on the range he could just bid the Dark Energeia to come back to him.
EE is definitely something in Gal's wheelhouse to resist, given the primordial property of Darkness and Sieg's ultimate move, which straight up displaces stuff from the timeline altogether.
Wahlberg fights mainly at range to, and any projectile that comes his way can just be swiped away with his staff to erase them, or cut them away with the pins on his staff. And Wahlberg can easily get out of close range with his own magic, cutting himself out of that space and bringing him someplace else, like.... Up close as a sneak attack.
Similarly to the above his active attacks have shown to power through effects, and failing that Darkness' Primordial property is already nothingness, and Light's is made for the express purpose of countering that sort of effect. Gal's preferred fighting is also at a range firing a ton of lasers and the occasional big power attack.
Wahlberg should be capable of cushioning his body with his own magic power. Even when vastly weaker than their opponent, wizards can survive even fatal attacks by cushioning their body with magic.
He doesn't seem to resist the essence damage part of Gal's abilities, so it's liable to still be devastating even if he can mitigate the raw thermal and explosive force.
But, Wahlberg does have an ace up his sleeve, that being Spaces Thirds: Uranus Inclination Now let me leave this by saying I hate these kinds of videos lmao. And, also, ignor how Wahlberg negated a casted spell inside of his Thirds, that's anime only. So, anyways, Wahlberg takes both him and his enemy into a pocket space where his Thirds is, and with World Delete, Wahlberg has that deity charge up an attack that will erase anything inside of that "domain".
EE is still resisted, but pocket dimension deconstruction is something shown to be within Darkness' purfew. Admittedly the explicit example is with the higher grade variant where a user themselves embodies a primordial property, but the normal variant Gal has access to is still explicitly described as aborting the creation of the world, so he could probably bust out of it by those means before it can fire off.
Oh yeah and usual "Mashle characters are willpower merchants and can still fight with life threatening injuries casually"
Gal has the lowest stamina among the many people he fought and he's done all the crazy stuff listed on his page, so it's not something ill prepared for (especially when Gal pretty frequently ramps up his stuff enough to just obliterate whatever he's fighting with stuff like Photoncaliber or Sun of Dawn, and this guy's physicals seem to be a bit below Gal's). This would also probably be complicated by the essence blasting part as mentioned prior, but yeah

You only need one, I figure.

Probably better to just keep round one at round one, granted Gal is "less bad" rather than "a fair fight, I realize after writing all this

Spatial stuff is one of the things actually properly listed as a resistance, though this particular form is esoteric enough that it gives me pause. Given his ability to improvise and the fact he can make wings of light to fly, he could probably overcome even the worst case scenario with that and firing mouth beams or similar. That, and his left arm already isn't really attached anymore, so depending on the range he could just bid the Dark Energeia to come back to him.
Esoteric as in its more complex/secretive? I mean it's just the pins cutting out space, and thus potentially the limbs of his opponents, and transporting them elsewhere. It's more utility based though, as even though it cleaved out Necros' arm, legs, and a part of his head, Wahlberg stated it wouldn't kill him. It seems to just be a method of limiting an opponent's attacking options if they just so happen to use their hands in combat. Does Gal have regeneration by any chance? I looked at his profile and didn't see any ability for it, aside from the ability to negate regeneration.
EE is definitely something in Gal's wheelhouse to resist, given the primordial property of Darkness and Sieg's ultimate move, which straight up displaces stuff from the timeline altogether.
Same here, I didn't see anything about resisting existence erasure either. But, you're saying it's packed in with another ability like a 2-for-1 deal, right?
Similarly to the above his active attacks have shown to power through effects, and failing that Darkness' Primordial property is already nothingness, and Light's is made for the express purpose of countering that sort of effect. Gal's preferred fighting is also at a range firing a ton of lasers and the occasional big power attack.
Oh funnily enough, is that Wahlberg's spatial magic can erase a form of a darkness attack in the Mashle verse. He fought the revived and controlled body of his dear teacher, who's magic is darkness magic, a type that consumes anything and sends it to the void. Now I don't know how this stacks up against this form of darkness stuff, so you tell me, but worst case scenario Wahlberg can always warp himself out of the way to get further out of range or closer.
He doesn't seem to resist the essence damage part of Gal's abilities, so it's liable to still be devastating even if he can mitigate the raw thermal and explosive force.
Mashle is a verse about AP first, hax second, resistances fifth. But with his pain tolerance, he could push through the devastating effects to keep fighting, right?
EE is still resisted, but pocket dimension deconstruction is something shown to be within Darkness' purfew. Admittedly the explicit example is with the higher grade variant where a user themselves embodies a primordial property, but the normal variant Gal has access to is still explicitly described as aborting the creation of the world, so he could probably bust out of it by those means before it can fire off.
I do wish that we could take into account that anything casted in the Thirds space is boxed up and erased, even time manipulation, if the attack is below Wahlberg's but that ability is anime only bleeeh

But, still, perhaps Wahlberg could weaken Gal first, thus making them less likely to be able to break out of this pocket dimension?
Gal has the lowest stamina among the many people he fought and he's done all the crazy stuff listed on his page, so it's not something ill prepared for (especially when Gal pretty frequently ramps up his stuff enough to just obliterate whatever he's fighting with stuff like Photoncaliber or Sun of Dawn, and this guy's physicals seem to be a bit below Gal's). This would also probably be complicated by the essence blasting part as mentioned prior, but yeah
Yeah, I'm not knocking this Gal person's stamina (because this originally wasn't against him yohoho), but to get across Wahlberg's. He's pushed through not only the pain of having multiple large holes torn into his body, but also half of his body being aged by 100 years. He's 118, so then that would mean the half that was blasted would become 218, funny. And he still fought like this, before having that same half blasted by the same time acceleration magic, aging that half into oblivion causing Wahlberg to be missing an arm.

Does Gal have regeneration by any chance? I looked at his profile and didn't see any ability for it, aside from the ability to negate regeneration.
Healing, he has to put active effort into it. More prominently when he himself ate regeneration negation he just replaced his missing arm with Darkness, which he is able to control remotely.
Same here, I didn't see anything about resisting existence erasure either. But, you're saying it's packed in with another ability like a 2-for-1 deal, right?
As mentioned prior I did get a little lazy and exclusively listed feats of resistance that Gal directly displayed, there's a lot of people he has more energeia and energeia efficiency than who resisted a ton of other stuff. I'd take a lot of effort to fix (And, his page does at least note that Aether Rarefraction can apply to an absolute ton of things, including his own primordial properties and thus Darkness turning stuff into the void), so I usually just bring up particular examples offhand if it's not already listed.
Oh funnily enough, is that Wahlberg's spatial magic can erase a form of a darkness attack in the Mashle verse. He fought the revived and controlled body of his dear teacher, who's magic is darkness magic, a type that consumes anything and sends it to the void. Now I don't know how this stacks up against this form of darkness stuff, so you tell me, but worst case scenario Wahlberg can always warp himself out of the way to get further out of range or closer.
I can't think of feats that'd make it particularly higher end, outside of just being able to withstand dream layer stuff. Another thing with Gal is that he can get pretty precise, his light beams could shrink down to a centimeter in radius and nearly weave through holes in the reaper queen's energeia absorbing webs and he's been shown mixing and matching that with his darkness (Not the primordial property, but even the normal one can do stuff like sink into a target's body and serrate their internal organs), and of course he can just fire the equivalent of an artillery barrage if he really throws his weight into it.
Mashle is a verse about AP first, hax second, resistances fifth. But with his pain tolerance, he could push through the devastating effects to keep fighting, right?
Having a hole blown in your mind would cause a lot more complications than pain and bloodloss, much less the very concept of your being ripping apart.
But, still, perhaps Wahlberg could weaken Gal first, thus making them less likely to be able to break out of this pocket dimension?
Doesn't seem like he has statistics reduction, and Gal's only going to get stronger from Aether Rarefraction and more forceful with his attacks if he's pushed into a corner by a situation like that.
Yeah, I'm not knocking this Gal person's stamina (because this originally wasn't against him yohoho)
I was more getting across the idea that Gal's just prone to using the kind of overkill that'd make that not matter, even prior to him going renegade he's very all or nothing when he can commit to an assault.

Back